Has anyone been fired yet?

Orange&White

From 247

Sunday, 4:40 p.m. update — Horns247 has confirmed both Todd Orlando and Drew Mehringer have been fired. 

Sunday, 4 p.m. update — Pete Thamel of Yahoo! Sports just reported that Todd Orlando has been fired. We are working to confirm.

Sunday, 2:09 p.m. update — Horns247's Chip Brown is reporting Tom Herman has been given free rein to replace both coordinators and any positions coaches as he sees fit following the Longhorns' 7-5 regular season finish. The changes could come down as early as Sunday, according to Horns247 sources. The team is scheduled to meet Sunday evening around 8 p.m. following a staff meeting.

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So who is staying on field positions?

Hand - OL

Drayton - RB

Giles - Defense 

?

That’s probably it. Washington is probably toast after the bowl game, same with Naivar. Hope they let Giles coach the DTs (in the new 4 man front) and bring in an ace recruiter at DE

On 11/30/2019 at 1:32 PM, LTtxfan said:

Over/Under of 4.5 for Texas assistant coach changes this offseason seems to be a decent betting line from what I recently heard on a podcast... 

So 3 asst coaches gone so far...

• Douchebag Drew
  • Orlando
  • Meekins

(Guessing Warehime is gone after bowl game)

12 minutes ago, Modessit said:

So David Beatty as OC and Chris Ash as DC? Not feeling very gruntled.

Harrell would be my guess if he's interested in coming back to his home state. Would be a huge upgrade. Not sure how well he recruits, but offense will sell that itself. I don't believe the Brady rumors. No way even a broke LSU would let him leave. 

This seems like maybe the best thread for this question:

for posting a new job as the state requires even for football coaches, is firing one position coach sufficient to screen all candidates such that we could theoretically interview for all position coaches and then fire the rest only after identifying a suitable replacement?

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

So who is staying on field positions?

Hand - OL

Drayton - RB

Giles - Defense 

?

I wouldn’t presume any assistant is safe. New coordinators will make changes to the position coaches. The WR mutiny mandated those announcements. Let’s see who the new coordinators are and the post announcements fall out