Need minister for wedding-Austin area

Hi all-

As subject says, my brother in law is getting married the weekend after Christmas at a ranch in small town outside of Austin.  The minister that was chosen for the ceremonies is now unavailable, and they are scrambling.  Nondenominational is acceptable.  If you have a name/number, just send a PM please.  Thanks all.

15 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Not shitting you here (& I have zero info as to scheduling availability), but @Brisketexan 's wife does this as a pretty much 50% full time gig (math works 15% of the time, every time).

Buzz him up & see whassup.

She does, but we'll actually be out of town that weekend (she'll be back on the 30th, ahead of us...because she has a wedding booked).

BUT, she has partner pastors who work under her umbrella.  PM me with a date, and she'll make sure you get covered.  They do this sort of thing with some frequency (parachute in when a minister bails etc.).

I vote MIA.

This could actually be a very lucrative side gig for him (provided it doesn't interfere with his kayak outings).

Grizzled guy with a 3 day old scratchy unshaven face wearing a slightly mismatched suit with obvious ring around the collar, who may or may not be nursing a hangover to officiate your event, guarantees he will go to the reception (& might possibly need a ride over, you pay for his ride away), may or may not hit on some of the wimmenz, dance slightly inappropriately against the bride's mother & let forth a raunchy toast to the couple (so as to save the best man from that wretched duty).

Prob. a starting rate of $ 175 for a local (to Austin) gig, max 2.5 hours, no religious overtones other than the attendees saying "Oh god...".

I'm sure that is a business model that could get some legs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1