2019 Iron Bowl - Alabama vs. Auburn

satyanash

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

watch them schedule Western Carolina for 11 weekends next season

They play a bad USC team in Arlington to kick off the season.  The only difference is they draw Georgia from the East.  For some mystical reason, they play Aggy the week before Auburn instead of some D3 team.

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

What bowl game will Bama have to go to??

Orange Bowl if Georgia loses to LSU next weekend. Orange gets their pick of an ACC team against either Notre Dame, the SEC #2/#3, or the Big Ten #2. They don't want Minnesota and if it's between Notre Dame or Bama, they'll take Bama who rarely falls to them. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Orange Bowl if Georgia loses to LSU next weekend. Orange gets their pick of an ACC team against either Notre Dame, the SEC #2/#3, or the Big Ten #2. They don't want Minnesota and if it's between Notre Dame or Bama, they'll take Bama who rarely falls to them. 

There's a lot of smoke for what should be public knowledge.  But the majority opinion is that the Orange must take the highest CFP ranking of those three. 

• Like 1

Saban explains the crucial play at approx  :55 and  4:52.      Like the way he conducts press conf, talks discipline, execution, commends players, even the kicker,  no water every 30 sec,  and though at times super emotional on sideline,  no blowing bubbles.     Love him or hate him,  The King.

He was complaining that they didn’t get time to sub, but he said it himself. They saw the punter come out so they put the return team in. When they realized the formation they wanted to sub back for defense. You get time to sub once, not twice, Nick. 

Somebody explain that play to me. Auburn takes the offense out and brings in the punt team. So Bama replaces the defense with their punt return team. Then the punter lines up as a WR. What was the point of that? Assuming that Bama stayed put, then what? Auburn has to take a timeout? I mean, they couldn’t snap the ball. Why did Bama panic and try to replace the punt return team with the defense?

34 minutes ago, torre said:

Saban explains the crucial play at approx  :55 and  4:52.      Like the way he conducts press conf, talks discipline, execution, commends players, even the kicker,  no water every 30 sec,  and though at times super emotional on sideline,  no blowing bubbles.     Love him or hate him,  The King.

Best college coach of last quarter century

13 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Somebody explain that play to me. Auburn takes the offense out and brings in the punt team. So Bama replaces the defense with their punt return team. Then the punter lines up as a WR. What was the point of that? Assuming that Bama stayed put, then what? Auburn has to take a timeout? I mean, they couldn’t snap the ball. Why did Bama panic and try to replace the punt return team with the defense?

Auburn wanted Alabama to take Waddle out of the game, then they were going to shift the punter back to kick it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Think of Saban's mind as an incredibly destructive artillery piece, it can level a city but can't pull off a quick snap shot against a randomly flitting target.

9 hours ago, XYZ said:

Special. Teams. Coordinator. 

It’s almost like they practice stuff.