2019 Iron Bowl - Alabama vs. Auburn

satyanash

15 hours ago, aggie08 said:

As funny as it is to watch that midget blow up, it also explains why Alabama is so damn good every year. Dude has a trillion dollars in the bank and 73 National Championships (all numbers approximated)...and he still gives a whole lot of fucks.

It’s pretty common knowledge he was upside down coming out of  the recession to the tune of several Million.  Not so sure how flush he is, may surprise us.  

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Calling it unfair is being a baby. Gus got you... kinda funny that waddle did everything for Bama. But ended up winning the game for auburn by being the 12th player lol

This is why I refuse to pin it all on some kid who can't seem to miss hitting uprights. There are so many plays and players that lost that game for Bama. Players for most of the penalties(most in Saban's tenure at Bama, that last one was the coaches, Saban in particular). Mac Jones had a really good game, against a pretty good defense but two pick sixes, one on a terrible throw and the other on a terrible play call that got blown up, added 14 to their score and probably took 7 off Bama's, so a 21 point swing.

This team had horrible injury luck from fall practice all the way through the season. Ended up starting like 5 true freshmen in the front 7, after losing 3 of the starting LBs and 2 starting DL(plus some other depth) just before the season and in the first weeks. Then the more hyped injury happened, which also kinda got overblown. The offense would have been fine, if they only had a decent defense and more disciplined team overall. 

None of that above paragraph is an excuse, it is a testament to the amount of sheer talent that their two losses were by one score. It is a good thing they lost, as they likely would have gotten embarrassed in the playoffs, if they made it. They may be losing a bunch of skill players on offense for next year but if they can avoid the same injury bug as has hit them the last two years, in the front 7 in particular, they might just be a better overall team next year. The OL and front 7 should be more experienced.

• Like 1

Oh your defense absolutely hurt you this year. I mean, the 2 pick sixes were huge and is really what kept auburn in the game, but Bama dominated TOP and yardage. I was impressed how Bama oline held up. This just wasn’t Bama’s year. And that’s okay...it happens. 

17 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

I guess Saban underestimates having a good kicker.  Seems like Alabama could have the best in the country 

I'm convinced somewhere along the way Saban made a deal with the devil that he was going to become the best coach of all time, but one position was going to keep him from winning even more and drive him to the brink of insanity and the devil wouldn't tell him which position it was and that it would be revealed in time.

19 hours ago, Tom Chairman said:

So if Utah jumps OU, will the SEC do everything in their power to keep bama from playing Jalen in the Sugar Bowl??

I mean, no? Contractual obligations and what not. They’d have to hope UGA loses on a last second FG or something and the committee keeps them above Bama for the Sugar to pass over the Tide