Malik Jefferson

Machinator

34 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Every Texas player that went early got terrible advice. Happy for Conner but really worried about him. And I continue to think Malik has been overrated. Hope I’m wrong and he’s Jordan Hicks, who was also overrated. 

Yo

You don’t have a very good memory. He was borderline bust until his senior year. He had a decent senior year, but he was a 5 star and something of a mystery entering the draft. He was drafted in 3rd round and has performed much better in pros than he did in his marginal college career. 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

You don’t have a very good memory. He was borderline bust until his senior year. He had a decent senior year, but he was a 5 star and something of a mystery entering the draft. He was drafted in 3rd round and has performed much better in pros than he did in his marginal college career. 

He was very good when he played. He was just injured all the time.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

Unless you account for his injuries making his career marginal, you are full of shit like all the rest of your posts. He missed a couple seasons with injuries but had about 150 tackles his senior year. His injuries were the only reason he slid to the third round 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

He was very good when he played. He was just injured all the time.

Agreed on injuries but he was never very good in college. He wasn’t even as good as Malik. 

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Overrated =/= a third round pick is top 5 at his position in the league

Third round is a disappointment for the hype that Jordan and Malik had coming in. They both had disappointing careers here. 

I’m not sure how his pro career is relevant to my comment about Hicks being overrated at Texas. I already acknowledged how good a pro he is. 

1 minute ago, naija said:

as a general rule, borderline busts don't get drafted in the 3rd round

And Jordan didn’t enter the draft when he was a borderline bust. He was drafted after his senior season, when he improved upon a marginal injury-plagued career. But you already knew that’s what I had said before your intentionally misleading post. 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not to mention LBs who aren't pass rushers typically aren't 1st round values in today's NFL. So getting drafted in the 3rd is damn good. 

It’s not damn good. It’s merely okay. And disappointing considering their hype. 

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not to mention LBs who aren't pass rushers typically aren't 1st round values in today's NFL. So getting drafted in the 3rd is damn good. 

Sean, Jaylon and Roquan laugh at your comment 

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Uh. As a weakside backer he'll be doing plenty of that. With his speed it would be surprising if he isn't a pass rusher.
His major weakness is pass coverage, and a lot of scouts identified his lack of a killer instinct (alpha qualities I read) and his tendency to get blocked.

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

And Jordan didn’t enter the draft when he was a borderline bust. He was drafted after his senior season, when he improved upon a marginal injury-plagued career. But you already knew that’s what I had said before your intentionally misleading post. 

So he performed as expected when he wasn’t injured and got drafted lower than his performance in the NFL suggests, but was overrated. Got it.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

So he performed as expected when he wasn’t injured and got drafted lower than his performance in the NFL suggests, but was overrated. Got it.

Where do you get the notion I intimated he performed as expected when he wasn’t injured?  Because he didn’t   

And his pro career is irrelevant to his performance at Texas, for the 4th time. 

6 hours ago, Needs More Bourbon said:

This is an extraordinarily bad take. The only question about Hicks was his health. Quit while you're behind. 

Jordan was never “very good” in college. I’m sorry so many of you have bad memories, and my calling attention to it pisses you off. 

7 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Jordan was never “very good” in college. I’m sorry so many of you have bad memories, and my calling attention to it pisses you off. 

He was very good his senior year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas/2014.html#defense_and_fumbles::none

Edited by David Dennison

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

We can’t all provide team defense links to sportsreference.com

Well, it shows he had a very good senior year, just not a Rex Kramer expectations senior year. 

BTW, his stats are just below the team stats. The link will take you there if you have a little patience.

Edited by David Dennison

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Well, it shows he had a very good senior year, just not a Rex Kramer expectations senior year. 

It shows he had a year sufficient for the purposes of David Dennison believing he can win an argument. 

It also shows he had less solo tackles and sacks than Steve Edmond. 

I somewhat agree with Rex. For being top 10, 5-Star players, Hicks and Jefferson underachieved at UT. Yes, their last seasons were good, but they should have been great for at least 2 years (yes, I know Hicks had injuries). Had Jefferson been great for two years, he would have been drafted at the top of the 1st round, because the measureables were there (Hicks also had the measurables). 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

I somewhat agree with Rex. For being top 10, 5-Star players, Hicks and Jefferson underachieved at UT. Yes, their last seasons were good, but they should have been great for at least 2 years (yes, I know Hicks had injuries). Had Jefferson been great for two years, he would have been drafted at the top of the 1st round, because the measureables were there (Hicks also had the measurables). 

I’m not sure Malik ever would have been drafted top of 1st round because he will never be an edge rusher like Miller. But he would have helped his stock with another season (assuming he stayed healthy). 

I agree with your use of “underachieved” for both players. Jordan Hicks surely wasn’t overrated based on what we’ve seen in hindsight; he just underachieved. 

I don't know that Malik was ever a 1st round talent. Maybe another good year would've gotten him to the high 2nd round. And when you make a TVM calculation with him getting his 3rd round money a full year ahead of his hypothetical 2019 2nd round payday, the difference in money isn't all that huge. It's also one less year he has to wait for that coveted 2nd contract. Add in the huge injury risk factor that comes with playing football, and I don't know how anyone can fault him or call him an idiot for leaving early. 

• Like 1