Malik Jefferson

Machinator

On 8/31/2019 at 10:27 AM, TtomTerrific said:

I remember getting breakfast at the convenience store/grille thing at the bottom of San Jac the summer before his junior year when I went back to school for a bit....I would start my day there before working out in Gregory and hitting a few summer school classes and he would often be in there with the other players going through the summer workouts.  He was always cordoned away from his team by a bunch of slick guys in suits who were fawning over him with forced whispers while he was doing his best to be polite while caring more about his head phones than whatever this latest hanger on seemed to be pitching.

I don't know that they were "agents" but they were definitely some sort of "branding, imaging, marketing" guys ....and back then, he was the face of the team and I am sure that he was being pumped full of how they were going to "take that to the next level" sooner than later.

Guy was and probably still is a freak athlete who is now, sadly, another victim of bad advice. 

Wonder where the guys in the suits are now?

Wonder where they are?  I hope they're rotting of aidz with a wine bottle up their ass... freaking parasites like that have ruined many a talented, promising young athlete.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

not at all, really. 

Yeah that analogy breaks down on just about every level. Malik never touched Kindle's college production and was / is not a lush. But yeah, they are both very athletic pass rushers from Dallas who were NFL busts, albeit for very different reasons. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Malik injured his foot.  Out for the year.  Surgery coming. 

Malik Jackson or Jefferson? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-malik-jackson-reportedly-will-miss-remainder-of-2019-season-after-suffering-lisfranc-injury/

Even with the depth across their defensive front, losing Jackson is a huge blow to the Eagles.

#Eagles DT Malik Jackson is expected to miss the season with a Lisfranc injury suffered Sunday vs. the #Redskins, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Jackson will have surgery next week. Tough one for Philly despite their DL depth.

Jackson, 29, was not-so-arguably the biggest offseason acquisition for the Eagles, after signing a three-year deal in March worth $30 million. One of the better penetrating interior lineman in all of football, the Super Bowl-winner delivered eight sacks for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2017 and spent his first four years with the Denver Broncos after getting the nod as their fifth-round pick in 2012. The Eagles were excited about the Jackson brought atop the depth chart at the position, but will now work to continue building without him in the mix this year.

A Lisfranc injury is severe, and occurs when one or more of the metatarsal bones -- the ones that ultimately connect the toes to the foot -- are dislocated from the main "ball" of the foot (tarsus), due to damage to the main ligament known as Lisfranc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Malik injured his foot.  Out for the year.  Surgery coming. 

9 hours ago, NowThis said:

dude, check your sources.  Malik Jackson , DT of the Phi Eagles had the foot injury, not Malik Jefferson.

9 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Gil meet Katfid. Katfid, Gil.

Now kith.

Gil Bang

_ab938f587685_imagesqtbnANd9GcToM9R69e6f

Meet

_ab7e5070e9e7_imagesqtbnANd9GcQ3IPw_q_y8

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After receiving concussions early in his Texas career, I thought he began playing much more timid. I believe he’s a smart young man who wants to get the most he can out of football without sacrificing his body anymore than necessary. That won’t translate to professional playing time but if he finishes up his degree, he’ll be ok. Who knows, maybe he really wants to play but sucks?

22 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

He easily got caught in traffic and had bad instincts at LB. All the speed and athletic ability in the world can't overcome if you just don't have it in the head for the game. 

Yep. Orlando, for all his faults, did a good job scheming for Malik so he could maximize his athletic ability.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Yep. Orlando, for all his faults, did a good job scheming for Malik so he could maximize his athletic ability.

Yeah, Malik’s never had good football instincts, which is pretty much the death knell for a LB. Orlando’s scheme masked this because he generally had Malik only be responsible for one gap in the run game. Malik didn’t have to read anything. He could just pin his ears back and knife into the backfield. 

Malik owes most of the 7 figures he had guaranteed on that rookie deal to Orlando. Just about any other defensive system and Malik doesn’t go anywhere near that high in the draft. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

After receiving concussions early in his Texas career, I thought he began playing much more timid. I believe he’s a smart young man who wants to get the most he can out of football without sacrificing his body anymore than necessary. That won’t translate to professional playing time but if he finishes up his degree, he’ll be ok. Who knows, maybe he really wants to play but sucks?

TLDR... he's a pussy, plain and simple.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah that analogy breaks down on just about every level. Malik never touched Kindle's college production and was / is not a lush. But yeah, they are both very athletic pass rushers from Dallas who were NFL busts, albeit for very different reasons. 

Also, Malik never drove his car into a building.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, Malik’s never had good football instincts, which is pretty much the death knell for a LB. Orlando’s scheme masked this because he generally had Malik only be responsible for one gap in the run game. Malik didn’t have to read anything. He could just pin his ears back and knife into the backfield. 

Malik owes most of the 7 figures he had guaranteed on that rookie deal to Orlando. Just about any other defensive system and Malik doesn’t go anywhere near that high in the draft. 

And from what I remember from his HS film is his ability to rush the passer off the edge. Then came to Texas and converted into an MLB to which he was just above average at. I would've liked to have seen what he developed into with 1 more year at Texas. 

Of course, another system and coach might have taught how to play the game.