Malik Jefferson

Machinator

3 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Hopefully they don't do any drills with lineman getting to the 2nd level. 

You mean, "Hopefully, they don't ask him to play two LB positions and Nickel, at the same time... with 5 positions worth of responsibilities...  and expect him to shed every lineman that comes at him."

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Snacks said:

You mean, "Hopefully, they don't ask him to play two LB positions and Nickel, at the same time... with 5 positions worth of responsibilities...  and expect him to shed every lineman that comes at him."

This

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

C'mon, man.  Quite a bit of hyperbole there to rationalize around the fact that Malik struggles mightily to shed blockers.  This isn't a secret about the guy, man.  There are reels of tape and numerous comments by scouts/draft analysts in reference to it, and 3 years' worth of game threads on shaggy with fans bemoaning it.

God-gifted, freak of an athlete, but he's gonna need work in that area.

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

If not the Texans or Cowboys, please be the Saints, Packers, Giants, Broncos, Seahawks, Patriots, or Eagles, so we can see him play multiple times a year without having to get the NFL pass. Those seem to be the only teams that routinely get coverage in central Texas.

Whoa whoa whoa can I at least get some chiefs love so he can become the next DJ??

35 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

I hope soon.....looks like some folks got some bad advice..

Every Texas player that went early got terrible advice. Happy for Conner but really worried about him. And I continue to think Malik has been overrated. Hope I’m wrong and he’s Jordan Hicks, who was also overrated. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Every Texas player that went early got terrible advice. Happy for Conner but really worried about him. And I continue to think Malik has been overrated. Hope I’m wrong and he’s Jordan Hicks, who was also overrated. 

He’s a lot like Hicks. Considered a little small for the position. But like Hicks, I think he surprises people. 

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Dickson?

And every one of us should have Malik’s back forever. He stepped up and joined this program when it was in a very bad place. He started the revival. It hasn’t come as fast as he or we all hoped, but think about where we’d be if he went A&M. Malik started the comeback. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Dickson?

Probably Dickson too. What is the point if you’re a punter?  Is there some plethora of punting talent coming out next year or something?

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

And every one of us should have Malik’s back forever. He stepped up and joined this program when it was in a very bad place. He started the revival. It hasn’t come as fast as he or we all hoped, but think about where we’d be if he went A&M. Malik started the comeback. 

Meh we overrate that. That class was merely okay and subpar for Texas standards. And had a lot of attrition after signing day. 

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

Meh we overrate that. That class was merely okay and subpar for Texas standards. And had a lot of attrition after signing day. 

And think how bad it would have been if he went aggy. The guys aggy replaced him with (Moore and Thomas) were hot garbage.

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Uh, to make lots of money and capitalize on a historically great season?

The point is all could have drafted in a better spot next year. Perhaps Dickson would have been flat; I don’t know. I’ve just never heard of a fucking kicker coming out early. And he in particular is not going to make that much money. I’d stay another year, enjoy school and get a degree.