Malik Jefferson

Machinator

Picture Scott Derry and his Merton Hanks neck. Remember, he wasn’t a 5-star recruit. He was a part of 2 teams that went 20-6. Malik went 16-21. But he had Malikmas (which ensured the most overrated #7 class ever) and made $3.5mm in the pros getting 9 solo tackles over 5 years!

Edited by Porterhouse

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Apologies. I should have been more discreet about that like Porterhouse. My bad. 

Yeah because saying young guys can’t manage money well is racists/Bernie Kosar

I wonder what the pension eligibility rules are. If you’re a PS guy for much of that period, are you still eligible?  Regardless, he didn’t make much money. First, NFL players don’t, across the board, make that much. At most he made $4mm over his career and it’s probably closer to $3mm. 
Idk about you, but I would have been thrilled to make close to that much my first 5 years out of school. He hasnt lived up to the hype no doubt, but the fact teams still keep giving him a look and he hasnt fucked off to the CFL yet means something.

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:
A little food for thought:
63.8% of 5-star HS players were not selected in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft (2002-2008).  Almost half of them (47.8%) were not drafted at all.
5-star recruits & the NFL

All that proves is there is a reason 9.95'ers dont get jobs as NFL scouts.

Then that's further reason to discount @Porterhouse and his "5-star bust" theory.

18 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:
A little food for thought:
63.8% of 5-star HS players were not selected in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft (2002-2008).  Almost half of them (47.8%) were not drafted at all.
5-star recruits & the NFL

All that proves is there is a reason 9.95'ers dont get jobs as NFL scouts.

He still went in the 3rd round even though he's not very good at football.  NFL scouts aren't immune to falling in love with a stopwatch.

Edited by kevwun

23 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

He’s been a disappointment since his freshman year and the personification of Texas football over this dreadful stretch. Maybe he can go shine in the CFL like his twin Jackson Jeffcoat. I’ll never understand this board’s inability to candidly evaluate this guy. 

"A three-year linebacker who played in 33 games with 29 career starts before declaring for the NFL Draft ... named Big 12 Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year in 2017 ... also named first team All-Big 12 in 2017 ... was a second team All-American (Associated Press, Sporting News) ... was named a 2017 Butkus Award semifinalist ... was named second team All-Big 12 at linebacker by the Associated Press in 2016 ... named a semifinalist for the 2016 Butkus Award ... earned freshman All-America honors in 2015 … also named honorable mention All-Big 12 and Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year as a freshman … one of the most highly-regarded players in the nation coming out of high school … enrolled in January 2015 … rated No. 4 player (No. 1 OLB) nationally and No. 1 in Texas by Scout as a senior … also a 2014 All-America choice ... member of the Big 12 Commissioner’s Honor Roll (fall 2016)."

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, Nope said:

Really hoping Quinn can find some use for him, although he gave up the catch here he really showed a lot with his coverage ability and speed to stay with Pollard on the wheel route.

He has no chance