Barry Odom fired at Mizzou

texifornia

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

their enrollment is down about 5,000 students (14%) from the high 

they have been concerned with their place in the AAU for a while now and have tried to do things to address it

https://themissouritimes.com/24093/report-reveals-mu-ranked-at-the-bottom-of-the-association-of-american-universities/

there is an internal report out there as well by the UM System that recognized they were at the lower levels of the AAU (CU has a similar report)

both need to get more funding, but I am not sure it will happen for either of them and all of this was before the enrollment and corresponding funding drops at MU

I don't think CU is in trouble, but MU needs help bad and right now it looks like the AAU is letting them work on things, but with two new members who knows for how long

Wow... Mizzu gonna have to dip down to lesser G5 coaches, give some P5 coordinator their first Head Coaching job, or possibly a retread like maybe a RichRod, Larry Fedora, Major Applewhite, etc.

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Wow... Mizzu gonna have to dip down to lesser G5 coaches, give some P5 coordinator their first Head Coaching job, or possibly a retread like maybe a RichRod, Larry Fedora, Major Applewhite, etc.

Hence their AD recommending Blake Anderson. He's about their level at the moment, and betting on an up and comer is more exciting than a retread.

(Here's a look at his record: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rockmnation.com/platform/amp/2019/12/6/20998389/potential-coach-preview-blake-anderson )

Delusional boosters gonna be delusional though.

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hence their AD recommending Blake Anderson. He's about their level at the moment, and betting on an up and comer is more exciting than a retread.

(Here's a look at his record: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rockmnation.com/platform/amp/2019/12/6/20998389/potential-coach-preview-blake-anderson )

Delusional boosters gonna be delusional though.

As an Arkansas State alum and fan, I fully support them hiring Blake Anderson. 

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Makes sense. Real good coach.

Agree!!  Guess Eli prefers Mizzu's SEC East schedule instead of Arky's SEC West schedule...  The University of Mizzu has some serious enrollment and AAU troubles as @ButtFumble alluded to earlier in this thread...

https://themissouritimes.com/24093/report-reveals-mu-ranked-at-the-bottom-of-the-association-of-american-universities/

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, lateshow said:

He was an assistant at A-State under Malzahn and Harsin. Everyone here really liked him. Very good play caller.

Eli was born in Norman, OK and a graduate of Arkansas Tech...

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2005 Alma HS (AR) (assistant)
2006–2009 Springdale HS (AR) (OC)
2010–2011 Auburn (QC)
2012 Arkansas State (RB)
2013 Arkansas State (co-OC/RB)
2014 Boise State (TE)
2015 Boise State (OC/QB)
2016–2018 NC State (OC/QB)
2019 Appalachian State
2020-Present University of Missouri
Edited by LTtxfan

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Agree!!  Guess Eli prefers Mizzu's SEC East schedule instead of Arky's SEC West schedule...  The University of Mizzu has some serious enrollment and AAU troubles as @ButtFumble alluded to earlier in this thread...

A lady I used to work with's daughter graduated from Mizzou last spring. She said with all the unrest on campus and other stuff their enrollment was down so much they were shuttering dorms, and some private apartment complexes were at pretty low occupancy. They bought a condo for their daughter to live in while in school with plans to flip it when she graduated and she was worried they were going to lose money on the flip. 

4 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

The only reason my daughter goes there is because she's in the honors program and journalism school, and has in-state residency.

I mean Mizzou journalism is still a great degree, up there with Northwestern and Syracuse, even if the rest of the school is floundering.

• Like 1

It's gotten crazy. For a hot or big name the schools don't have much leverage anymore, but for a dude like Drinkwitz, why don't schools do something like.

Base Pay: $2M
Overall Wins: $250K times 1.25^x
Conference Wins: $400K times 1.25^x

Then other championship bonuses. Examples of various results:

Dude totally tanks, goes 3-9 (1-7): $2.99M
Average Missouri season, 7-5 (4-4): $4.17M
Great season, 10-2 (6-2): $5.85M

Then have the buyout based on the average salary paid on this basis in the up to three previously completed seasons. Someone somewhere would be willing to coach for that. I mean come on, it's a minimum salary of $2.65M even if you never show up to work and go 0-12 (0-8).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's gotten crazy. For a hot or big name the schools don't have much leverage anymore, but for a dude like Drinkwitz, why don't schools do something like.

Then have the buyout based on the average salary paid on this basis in the up to three previously completed seasons. Someone somewhere would be willing to coach for that. I mean come on, it's a minimum salary of $2.65M even if you never show up to work and go 0-12 (0-8).

Master P likes your approach.  Ricky doesn't agree with it at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Lol this is K-State hiring Klieman all over again. Dude inherited a well-oiled successful machine, managed to not fuck it up immediately, and parlayed it into a P5 job/salary.

Klieman hasn't exactly been a flop. He is a really good coach. 

• Like 1

I am sure he is a nice enough guy, but I am pulling for a missouri flop here......fuck missouri and he was a coach for less than a full year at a program he took over that was on auto pilot and he is young and getting paid huge.......so he can survive the failure I am sure

I would prefer to see missouri eat shit than hope a guy that was pretty unproven does well simply because I have no real reason to dislike him (other than he is not at missouri)

Edited by ButtFumble

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is a good idea, but I don't think exponentiation has been introduced to SEC country yet.

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I've never understood how people can have strong opinions either way about Mizzou. Are their fans really annoying or something?

it is fun to see former Big 12 teams go to a new conference and have their best years (so far and getting longer term each season) right after the Big 12 with "BDF" recruits and coaches and then fall off the map once their SEC SEC SEC 'cruits" and coaches start kicking in

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

it is fun to see former Big 12 teams go to a new conference and have their best years (so far and getting longer term each season) right after the Big 12 with "BDF" recruits and coaches and then fall off the map once their SEC SEC SEC 'cruits" and coaches start kicking in

Yeah but Missouri was never on the map in the big12 either.  They had a couple of seasons with Chase Daniel and sucked the rest of the time.  They are the same program today that they were most of their time in the big12.

21 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah but Missouri was never on the map in the big12 either.  They had a couple of seasons with Chase Daniel and sucked the rest of the time.  They are the same program today that they were most of their time in the big12.

very true, but that is what makes it so much fun that they went to the SEC SEC SEC with "BDF" players and coaches and did well their first couple of years and now they have fallen off the map....and just like aggy they can still beat their meat to SEC SEC SEC!!!! while sucking ass and being hated by the rest of the SEC SEC SEC for shitting out their conference even more and talking shit while sucking cocks

On 11/30/2019 at 11:33 AM, texifornia said:

MU UT hinted at a high ceiling, too, both w/Lock Ehlinger in 17-18 and in the 1st half of 19. WRs regressed *dramatically* this year (w/help from injuries), and OL collapsed mid-season with no explanation. D was solid but couldn't carry that weight

Hmm.  Sounds familiar.

Edited by Bullneck

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That's basically what Arky did but they ended up with a coach with no other options who was desperate for the job.