McNeese at Texas- 1pm on LHN

Goo Punch

6 hours ago, RoundRobin said:

Need to go right at Lawson and get his 5th

I didn't watch the game but reading the thread this made me literally laugh out loud.  the fact that we have to go at a McNeese St player to get his 5th pretty much sums up the Shaka Smart Longhorns.

I hope CDC has his list ready because he is absolutely going to need to fire this guy after this year.

Time for the Febres bell cow experiment to be shelved.  He needs about 20 mins max a game (until he proves otherwise) and should never be playing as the 2nd big in our line-up.   Give Liddell, Williams and Cunningham a significant chunk of Febres minutes.  

That 4 guard line-up is ass.  Draw Sims outside the paint to defend and there is nobody worth a shit who can grab a board or play interior defense.  McNeese did it perfectly right before Ramey saved the day with FTs.  

The window is closing to get Baker, Hepa and Cunningham comfortable with game speed, teammates, and game pressure up to a passable level.  I can't see why any of them would want to stay it out at Texas watching Febres trying to emulate Steph Curry without repercussion.

I think our starting 5 currently should be Coleman, Ramey or A Jones, Liddell, K Jones or Hamm, and Sims.   I'd like to see a line-up with K Jones and Baker playing the 4 and 5.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VinyVango said:

Time for the Febres bell cow experiment to be shelved.  He needs about 20 mins max a game (until he proves otherwise) and should never be playing as the 2nd big in our line-up.   Give Liddell, Williams and Cunningham a significant chunk of Febres minutes.  

That 4 guard line-up is ass.  Draw Sims outside the paint to defend and there is nobody worth a shit who can grab a board or play interior defense.  McNeese did it perfectly right before Ramey saved the day with FTs.  

The window is closing to get Baker, Hepa and Cunningham comfortable with game speed, teammates, and game pressure up to a passable level.  I can't see why any of them would want to stay it out at Texas watching Febres trying to emulate Steph Curry without repercussion.

I think our starting 5 currently should be Coleman, Ramey or A Jones, Liddell, K Jones or Hamm, and Sims.   I'd like to see a line-up with K Jones and Baker playing the 4 and 5.

Agree with this.  Jones should play most of Rameys minutes.  Ramey is a turnover machine, streaky shooter, and can’t finish around the basket.  

5 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Yes, so the question he had and I have is why are you blaming CDC for this shitshow?

Exactly, at this point CDC gets absolutely zero blame for the basketball shitshow.  He has done practically everything he can up to this point, which was opening the checkbook for good assistants.