horse racing thread

BigOrange1

Betting the horsies just seems like witchcraft. For that reason I dont bet a lot. I'd be a pissed off mofo if I bet a lot. 

On a side note, will trump serve Country House McDonalds if he visists the WH? Seems risky.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

I can’t wait for the Kentucky Derby “winner” to finish 10th in the Preakness and the DQ’d horse to win by 5.

yep NBC know now they can't sell the triple crown possiblity to get casual fans to watch. 

Wow, you can feel the collective massive shifting of cash during the last 20 mins.

From my chair, Gene [/Apollo 13], I think it was the right call  Maximum Security definitely impeded WOW... Country House wasn't impeded but he did push him way outside and sometimes that can break a horse's momentum.

I think it was a good call. (No dog or money in this one, don't EVAH bet on the races, son!).

14 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I didn't see the announcement, was the crowd booing? 

They booed when the presentation was made to the owners in Winners Circle. I believe righfully so. Horse and rider that filed protest was never impeded. That bumping and drifitng happens ALL the time. Horseshit (pun intended) call.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

They booed when the presentation was made to the owners in Winners Circle. I believe righfully so. Horse and rider that filed protest was never impeded. That bumping and drifitng happens ALL the time. Horseshit (pun intended) call.

Yeah I hope the jockey falls off his next mount and the horse steps on his balls

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

He kind of impeded WOW. Country House has no argument here. I don't know what's taking so long.... 

Seemed WOW and the horse running on the rail were both impeded by Maximum Security.

Horse racing rules suck though to allow Country House a win by a DQ..... WOW could have beaten Country House had the foul not occurred.

2 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

Yeah I hope the jockey falls off his next mount and the horse steps on his balls

Jockeys are pretty tight group......That BS protest ( he  and his horse were not impeded) will not go unnoticed. If I followed the sport the way I used too, it would be interseting to see how his career goes from here. Turnabout is fair play.

I feel bad for that trainer of Max Security. He was choked up prior to the race and then managed to match his brother as winning....or so we thought.

Now his brother can continue to talk shit to him every Thanksgiving

• Like 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:
6 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:
No need for to actually win a fucking race to be a “Kentucky Derby Champion” should be the fucking headlines

I'll be in Louisville on Wednesday. Is there anyone that you want me to fight?

Whoever runs that bush league operation.  Also if that midget piece of shit asshole fuckhead ass fag jockey that objected is there tell him I’m coming for him.  And unlike most professional “athletes”, I feel like I have a decent chance to fuck him up.

Thanks bro, you’re good people 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Horrible decision.  While technically upholding the letter of the law, they violently sodomized the spirit of the rule.  The best horse - by fucking far - was Maximum Security.  War of Will and Country House weren't winning unless Maximum Security fell.  That is apparent even to a fucking child.  Bill Mott knows this and I lost a ton of respect for him today.  It's funny, the only other dq'ing of a Derby winner before today was in 1968, when Dancer's Image, a "damnable Yankee horse" won the Derby and later was determined to have used Lasix, which was banned at the time.  There was never any documentation, only anecdotal evidence provided by Kentucky horse officials.  Everyone knew, but couldn't prove, that the Churchill officials pulled a fast one.  There was no proof, and none was really provided.  

Edited by cafe society
  • Like 2

Bill Mott knows this and I lost a ton of respect for him today.

When asked how he felt about winning, the fucker should have said “This is a hollow victory and I won’t be satisfied until my horse crosses the line first. But I’m happy for everyone else involved.”