Are any of these wins better than that?

Arky

Boom Cocks

Miss St

Ole Miss

UTSA

Lamar

SW Texas

I honestly don't think so. And Kansas State is probably a better win as well. 

Who cares who you lost to? Texas would have likely lost to Clemson, Bama, Auburn, and Georgia (this year) too.

We beat two 8-4 squads, who each beat a P5 team in their OoC.  aggy can't say the same. 

2 hours ago, wood said:

Dipshits wouldn't do any better in the Big 12 than they do in the SECSECSEC. 

Dumbass, now that they have been hardened by the SEC crucible, they’d go 12-0 every year without even trying... and the CFP committee would see that and never vote for another BDF team again because aggy finally exposed the ruse and demonstrated the superiority of the SEC. 

Advantage: aggy

A&M goat fucked themselves by leaving the Big 12 in 2012. They in all likelihood would have won the NC that year because they would have pistol whipped our shit conference and then gotten to ambush the Tide in the BCS title game. Instead they went SEC and lost the first game to Boom's Gators and to Miles' Tigers and missed out on the conference championship let alone the national one.  It will forever be the most Aggy moment in a history chalk full of them.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

A&M goat fucked themselves by leaving the Big 12 in 2012. They in all likelihood would have won the NC that year because

Wrong, and it's only by an enormous amount of restraint that I don't call you a dumbass for parroting Aggie propaganda.

In 2012, Notre Dame went unbeaten. Alabama had one loss-- to A&M. If A&M hadn't been in the SEC in 2012, Alabama wouldn't have had their one loss. Even if you want to accept the preposterous notion that A&M would have gone undefeated playing a Big 12 schedule that year, which they were never able to do in all their years playing in the conference, there is no scenario where unbeaten A&M would have gotten into the BCS championship game over unbeaten Notre Dame and unbeaten Alabama.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Wrong, and it's only by an enormous amount of restraint that I don't call you a dumbass for parroting Aggie propaganda.

In 2012, Notre Dame went unbeaten. Alabama had one loss-- to A&M. If A&M hadn't been in the SEC in 2012, Alabama wouldn't have had their one loss. Even if you want to accept the preposterous notion that A&M would have gone undefeated playing a Big 12 schedule that year, which they were never able to do in all their years playing in the conference, there is no scenario where unbeaten A&M would have gotten into the BCS championship game over unbeaten Notre Dame and unbeaten Alabama.

Except that lowly ass Kansas State led Notre Dame in the BCS every time until they lost.

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

And you think Kansas State would have ultimately made the BCS championship game over Notre Dame?

Considering the AP poll which is the one most subject to ND bias had 14x the first place votes for KSU than ND prior to the BU debacle the odds were pretty high. The only win worth a shit ND had in 2012 was Oklahoma which KSU also sported.

47 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Considering the AP poll which is the one most subject to ND bias had 14x the first place votes for KSU than ND prior to the BU debacle the odds were pretty high. The only win worth a shit ND had in 2012 was Oklahoma which KSU also sported.

If I recall correctly, and it has been a while, things had to fall just right for ND to make that NC game that year. Seems like it involved TAMU, Oregon and Baylor but I don't remember how it all played out.

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

A&M goat fucked themselves by leaving the Big 12 in 2012. They in all likelihood would have won the NC that year because they would have pistol whipped our shit conference and then gotten to ambush the Tide in the BCS title game. Instead they went SEC and lost the first game to Boom's Gators and to Miles' Tigers and missed out on the conference championship let alone the national one.  It will forever be the most Aggy moment in a history chalk full of them.

I’ll give you big 12 champs and New Year’s Day bowl representatives. This ain’t the 1930s. Aggy will never come close to sniffing a natty. 

10 hours ago, mdleast said:

I also heard that the LSU fans were really impressed with the class that the traveling Aggie fans showed. Remarked that the Aggies were a real class asset to the conference and all.

Don't forget the band.  Opponents fans never leave their seats at halftime so they can watch the fightin texum agriod marching band.

50 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

If I recall correctly, and it has been a while, things had to fall just right for ND to make that NC game that year. Seems like it involved TAMU, Oregon and Baylor but I don't remember how it all played out.

I think we should drop the hypothetical of "could A&M have made the BCS championship game". No one said they were fucking ineligible, just that in a scenario where A&M, Notre Dame, and Alabama went unbeaten, A&M would have been watching the BCS championship game at home. If they'd been 12-0 and the only unbeaten, or one of two, yes, they'd have gone. But that's not the hypothetical in play here. It's "what would have happened if A&M had been in the Big 12 in 2012", and the answer is "regardless of their record, which probably wouldn't have been unblemished anyway, they'd have trailed Alabama and Notre Dame". 

This idea that if you just put 2012 A&M in the Big 12, it would have won the national title is asinine. In that scenario, it never gets a chance for the only regular season win it had that got it any attention: Alabama. And by not getting that win, it takes the only blemish off Alabama's record. With Notre Dame's 2012 season unchanged, we would have three unbeaten P5 teams. 

And if you think A&M would have gotten a BCS championship game slot over unbeaten Notre Dame or unbeaten Alabama, ten million monkeys typing for ten million years could not come up with a polite way of describing your opinion. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

You can call him a dumbass for typing "chalk full of".

Edited by Deej
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I think we should drop the hypothetical of "could A&M have made the BCS championship game". No one said they were fucking ineligible, just that in a scenario where A&M, Notre Dame, and Alabama went unbeaten, A&M would have been watching the BCS championship game at home. 

This idea that if you just put 2012 A&M in the Big 12, it would have won the national title is asinine. In that scenario, it never gets a chance for the only regular season win it had that got it any attention: Alabama. And by not getting that win, it takes the only blemish off Alabama's record. With Notre Dame's 2012 season unchanged, we would have three unbeaten P5 teams. 

And if you think A&M would have gotten a BCS championship game slot over unbeaten Notre Dame or unbeaten Alabama, ten million monkeys typing for ten million years could not come up with a polite way of describing your opinion. 

They wouldn't have gone unbeaten that year in the Big12. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Except that lowly ass Kansas State led Notre Dame in the BCS every time until they lost.

Aggy played two spread teams in the 2012 regular season.  La Tech, who scored 57 on them and aggy beat by two.  And an Ole Miss team we beat by 30 on the road where aggy escaped by a late fluke fumble and won by 3. 

Every team in the Big 12 ran a spread.  No way they go undefeated.  No way.  

• Like 2

Oklahoma ran a spread too. How'd they do?

But I agree, nothing in my 15 years of watching A&M (and their overall history) has led me to believe that they're capable of going a season without losing at least one game that they shouldn't have.

Edited by aggie08

Aggy would have been a middling big 12 team in 2012, just like they were every year as a member of this conference.  A big part of the reason for Aggy success in 2012 was that the SEC was still in the offensive Stone Age, but that year finally had to play against a team every week with an explosive quarterback and high powered offense.  Because Aggy wasn’t bringing a garbage offense to the conference, the sec mythos of “elite defenses” could only be masked for so long.

2 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

Aggy would have been a middling big 12 team in 2012, just like they were every year as a member of this conference.  A big part of the reason for Aggy success in 2012 was that the SEC was still in the offensive Stone Age, but that year finally had to play against a team every week with an explosive quarterback and high powered offense.  Because Aggy wasn’t bringing a garbage offense to the conference, the sec mythos of “elite defenses” could only be masked for so long.

Yup, and now we have LSU 46 Alabama 41, and Auburn 48 Alabama 45.  But, it'll still take another decade for the mediots to catch on.  

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Oklahoma ran a spread too. How'd they do?

But I agree, nothing in my 15 years of watching A&M (and the overall history) has led me to believe that they're capable of going a season without losing at least one game that they shouldn't have.

Aggy snuck up on the unsuspecting dirt burglars just like they did on Bama.

Just now, Armybrat said:

Aggy snuck up on the unsuspecting dirt burglars just like they did on Bama.

Snuck up during a month of bowl preparation? Okay.

The SEC sucked dick that year...but so did the Big XII. Oklahoma and Kansas State were the co-champs and both got boat raced by the high-powered run/pass offenses of A&M and Oregon.

A&M was better than anyone in the Big XII that year, but that sure as shit doesn't mean that they would have gone undefeated. They would have face-planted somewhere--probably Baylor--it's what we do.