Aggy at LSU - 6pm ESPN

LonghornSean

Of course transitive arguments don’t work this year for aggy. They just got prison raped in the face to a team we took to the last possession. Moose out front...

Also, the Big XII is a much tougher league top to bottom than the SEC. aggys didn’t win a single game this year vs a team with a winning record. Not one.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hahahaha aggy gonna aggy. Even the fucking dipshit aggy that pretend they are too good for texaggy and post on here or secrant still can’t deny their aggy dna which defaults to stupid and/or delusional. Love it.

Ah, fuck off.  Like half of all of sports message boards discussions are about hypothetical, "if he wasn't hurt" or "if we made that one play" or "if the refs didn't screw us" or "if we played this team, we'd..." scenarios from biased fans. Deal with it.

Edited by aggie08

Just now, tjhooker said:

Next yr is the yr. Then it will be the yr after that. Then the yr after that. 

I watched last night's LSU-TAMU game with my old army ag FIL.  He's a great guy, and a realistic guy.  I almost spit out my beer when the score was 31-0 and he told my son, "In College Station we have an old saying-- wait 'til next year!"  He knows the drill.

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

I believe you guys were just above .500 in the big 12 including the SWC.  That’s about where you are in the SEC. always mediocre 

Yep. Like they were suddenly going to be something they weren't. 

"If we had stayed in the Big12, we'd have been National Champs.

aggy drinking the Kool-Aid. 

A&M goat fucked themselves by leaving the Big 12 in 2012. They in all likelihood would have won the NC that year because they would have pistol whipped our shit conference and then gotten to ambush the Tide in the BCS title game. Instead they went SEC and lost the first game to Boom's Gators and to Miles' Tigers and missed out on the conference championship let alone the national one.  It will forever be the most Aggy moment in a history chalk full of them.
brought to you by Rice University.

Dana X. Bible - I'm gonna screw aggy over forevah by having this cretin Eeee King Gill put on a aggy football costume and hide under the stands thus creating 12man.

2 degree holding Rice University Graduate E Bowen Loftin "hold my beer".

3b4824390ae454eeaa0d1b6bbcc4d9d6.gif

and for an encorehe fucked over Mizzou too.

Wrong, and it's only by an enormous amount of restraint that I don't call you a dumbass for parroting Aggie propaganda.
In 2012, Notre Dame went unbeaten. Alabama had one loss-- to A&M. If A&M hadn't been in the SEC in 2012, Alabama wouldn't have had their one loss. Even if you want to accept the preposterous notion that A&M would have gone undefeated playing a Big 12 schedule that year, which they were never able to do in all their years playing in the conference, there is no scenario where unbeaten A&M would have gotten into the BCS championship game over unbeaten Notre Dame and unbeaten Alabama.
fuck off aggy pussy moron. your twaddle isthe definition of lame. moooooooo eh aggy boy

Has looch posted a response to the game? I'm not sure what will be more enjoyable or have me dying laughing, the aggy loss 51-7 or a looch spin piece reassuring everyone aggy will be 11-1 next year and in the CFP. Post it if he already dropped it.
yep. here it is...

84619dcecfda8173ed8f0a55d5b07f05.gife70beceee87c8b93ece28cd74215e4d2.jpg5957f1790d7dca299601def10da9773d.gif
  • Like 1

Hahahaha aggy gonna aggy. Even the fucking dipshit aggy that pretend they are too good for texaggy and post on here or secrant still can’t deny their aggy dna which defaults to stupid and/or delusional. Love it.

It’s something I’ve dealt with since aggy joined the conference. When they started showing up on SECrant in 2012, my friends from Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc, who were already posters there started blowing me up with the, “are these guys for real” questions because they know that I’m a huge Longhorn fan and from Texas. My answer was a long sigh, and then “yes” at first. Then I had to go into full on defense mode because they were accusing the aggy posters of being Longhorn socks. I had to explain to them over and over again that the Horn posters on Rant identify as Horn posters (why wouldn’t they?). Now I’m sure there have been a few Longhorns who’ve done it since, but when the dust finally settled, they (secrant) got it. Now, after seven years, aggy has settled into exactly what they are on that website, which is what they’ve always been, anywhere.

Obviously this discounts the 2%ers I know, am friends with, and who I like to refer to as realistic aggy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

You like saying aggy beat OU so they would have beaten everyone that OU beat?

Except that's not what I said, now is it? I've said numerous times that, at best, A&M would have lost at least one conference game in the 2012 Big XII and have listed several teams that I think would have been capable in a given week.

I'm using the Oklahoma game as a pretty damn strong counter point to the the notion that A&M would have been hopelessly over-matched by those big, scary spread offenses.

Side note: it's a little depressing that in my make belief A&M fanfic with a once in a generation player, the best I can dream up is a one or two loss season, maybe a share of the conference title (though, I guess there'd be a conference title game in this hypothetical), and a chance to eat the scraps off the big boys table by playing in a Fiesta Bowl. In this scenario, we're still nationally dismissed as a cute team with a flashy quarterback who would crumble to a mighty SEC team like Bama.  So as with everything A&M athletics, there is no winning.

Edited by aggie08

Except that's not what I said, now is it? I've said numerous times that, at best, A&M would have lost at least one conference game in the 2012 Big XII and have listed several teams that I think would have been capable in a given week.
I'm using the Oklahoma game as a pretty damn strong counter point to the the notion that A&M would have been hopelessly over-matched by those big, scary spread offenses.
Side note: it's a little depressing that in my make belief A&M fanfic with a once in a generation player, the best I can dream up is a one or two loss season, maybe a share of the conference title (though, I guess there'd be a conference title game in this hypothetical), and a chance to eat the scraps off the big boys table by playing in a Fiesta Bowl. In this scenario, we're still nationally dismissed as a cute team with a flashy quarterback who would crumble to a mighty SEC team like Bama.  So as with everything A&M athletics, there is no winning.
whatever you say swanny

So why no heat on Jimbo yet?  That’s a lot of money to just do the same thing as always. 
aggy isn't concerned with actual improvement. They're only concerned with having something to bluster about.

For now, they're still close enough to a time when ESPN called them getting jimbo a "coup" that they can hang their hats on that.

Eventually reality will set in, but only as it becomes annoyingly obvious to the masses that Jimbo has failed there. Then they'll somehow scrape together the money to buy him out, even if that means bankrupting themselves and the "academic" facade on that little circus they're running. (More likely it means finding a way to weasel out of a contract that they never should have signed.)

Jimbo, much like the sec move, has had zero tangible benefit for them. They don't care. Both make for nice slogans, billboards, bumper stickers and t-shirts, and give them ways to feel superior when talking to folks from tech or Texas. The ability to do that will always be top priority for the aggy masses.

It doesn't matter if it's true. It doesn't even matter if you actually believe it. It only matters if you can pretend you believe it when you want to talk shit. That's it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

They played the toughest schedule in the history of ever this year!

It's been awhile since I took statistics, but if you gave a truly mediocre team a measly 20% chance to win in each of their games against Clemson, Bama, Georgia and LSU, wouldn't they stand to win at least one of those games 61% of the time?

Conversely, we weren't competitive in a single one, unless you count a make-the-score-look-closer-than-it-seems late touchdown against Georgia is a weather affected affair.

Not great, Jimbob.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's been awhile since I took statistics, but if you gave a truly mediocre team a measly 20% chance to win in each of their games against Clemson, Bama, Georgia and LSU, wouldn't they stand to win at least one of those games 61% of the time?

Conversely, we weren't competitive in a single one, unless you count a make-the-score-look-closer-than-it-seems late touchdown against Georgia is a weather affected affair.

Not great, Jimbob.

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Not great, Jimbob.

The issue is that A&M's schedule really was a very difficult schedule to go 12-0 or 11-1 against. Maybe even 10-2.

But 7-5? It was a very easy schedule to go 7-5 against. It was one of the weirdest I've ever seen in terms of 5 really difficult opponents, 4 complete patsies, and then three games against just normal bad teams.

Honestly, I think there are probably 40-50 teams for whom 7-5 would be the expected record against that schedule (meaning that if you ran the numbers the EV on wins would be between 6.5 and 7.499...).

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The issue is that A&M's schedule really was a very difficult schedule to go 12-0 or 11-1 against. Maybe even 10-2.

But 7-5? It was a very easy schedule to go 7-5 against. It was one of the weirdest I've ever seen in terms of 5 really difficult opponents, 4 complete patsies, and then three games against just normal bad teams.

Honestly, I think there are probably 40-50 teams for whom 7-5 would be the expected record against that schedule (meaning that if you ran the numbers the EV on wins would be between 6.5 and 7.499...).

This is exactly why they went to the SECSECSEC.

It's very easy to go 8-4 or 7-5 every year - just like they've aways done - but instead of being upset about it they have a built in excuse that they can morph even further into, "We'd have won 10 games in the BDF."

win-win for aggy

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Ah, fuck off.  Like half of all of sports message boards discussions are about hypothetical, "if he wasn't hurt" or "if we made that one play" or "if the refs didn't screw us" or "if we played this team, we'd..." scenarios from biased fans. Deal with it.

So you're saying we should wait until A&M can score more than 7 and give up less than 50?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Not great, Jimbob.

*59%. Damn fat fingers.