12-1-19 NFL thread

runthebone

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This would be a fucking god awful loss for philly if Miami pulls this out. But keep doing your thing Parker. Keep doing your thing.

To start the year, both Dallas and Philly were considered to be very good and contenders. Now, both teams fucking suck. Dallas loses to the Jets. Philly struggling to beat the Dolphins. Both teams are going to have a special ed slap fight in a few weeks to see who wins this shit ass division.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Go Dolphins! Cincy has the number one pick locked up anyway. Lol

They are actually dominating the Jets today. They will get their 1st win of the season. Still could be a tight race.

I am sure the Eagles will find a way to win the game somehow because Dolphins...

3 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

and the Dolphins are beating the Eagles cowboys are going to win the division at 7-9 

The last 7-9 team to make the playoffs was Seattle and they knocked off the defending champs Saints in the wild card round. With one of the greatest runs I have ever seen with Lynch.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

They are actually dominating the Jets today. They will get their 1st win of the season. Still could be a tight race.

I am sure the Eagles will find a way to win the game somehow because Dolphins...

The thing is even if Dallas wins the division I have little faith they are gonna go on Jerruh’s miracle run (Like the Giants did). 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

The thing is even if Dallas wins the division I have little faith they are gonna go on Jerruh’s miracle run (Like the Giants did). 

Little faith? I have zero faith. Giants had Tom Coughlin as coach. We have Garrett. Huge difference. Coughlin shits on Garrett. Giants also had a great defense. Dallas has one of the worst. The NFC East is the worst division in football. And it isn't even close.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

First time the Ravens have punted on a Lamar Jackson led drive since week 9. That’s a crazy stat.

Yeah I watch him running all over mfers in the NFL ... it reminds me of VY doing it at Texas and stupid mfers saying the zone read would never work in the NFL. Some of 'em on the old site. Yeah, fuck that shit. Can you imagine what a VY-led running game truly featuring the zone read could have done in 2006 when nobody was running it? FML.

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Washington is about to go up either 8 or 9 on the panthers (depending on whether or not they’re smart). Are the bengals, redskins, and dolphins really about to get a win on the same day? If you had a moneyline parlay on those 3 teams I’m sure that would’ve given a HUGE payout.

Yep, just helps my Falcons with a better draft pick hopefully.

Boom, good shit Tucker.

Also, I don’t know if this is a hot take or not but the titans are the best team in the AFC south. About to be 7-5 when terrible Marcus Marriota was their starter for at least 1/3 of the season if not more. Tannehill has been playing really well, and he’s at least a one win improvement over marriota. I bet they’d be 8-4 or 9-3 if they committed to Tannehill in the preseason. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I watch him running all over mfers in the NFL ... it reminds me of VY doing it at Texas and stupid mfers saying the zone read would never work in the NFL. Some of 'em on the old site. Yeah, fuck that shit. Can you imagine what a VY-led running game truly featuring the zone read could have done in 2006 when nobody was running it? FML.

We don’t need to rehash this cause VY obviously didn’t do everything he needed to do, but fuck, I feel like he came into the league about 3 or 4 years too early. A smart offensive mind that doesn’t try to force him into a pocket passer, and he at least has a respectable nfl career. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wood said:

It will work with Jackson until the defender he doesn't see comes at him low from the side and takes out one of his ACLs.  Then let's see what he does.  It may not happen this year, it may not happen next year, it may not happen the year after that (especially since there will probably be a lock out) but it is eventually going to happen.  No running quarterback has a perfect collision avoidance system built into them.

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We don’t need to rehash this cause VY obviously didn’t do everything he needed to do, but fuck, I feel like he came into the league about 3 or 4 years too early. A smart offensive mind that doesn’t try to force him into a pocket passer, and he at least has a respectable nfl career. 

I'm talking about the offense, not VY ... but yeah,  VY was way ahead of his time ... or at least he was way ahead of the league when he came into it. And yeah, in the right offense, he'd have a lot more than a respectable career imho.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1