Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

Machinator

12 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Wasn’t it @golfclap and some UF dude who were arguing about Mullen’s recruiting? IIRC, UF guy was gettin a little high on Mullen at the close of last cycle. Wonder how he feels now that 5 of the best players in that class are no longer at UF? Mullen reaches on iffy guys, be it character or grades, every year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Wasn’t it @golfclap and some UF dude who were arguing about Mullen’s recruiting? IIRC, UF guy was gettin a little high on Mullen at the close of last cycle. Wonder how he feels now that 5 of the best players in that class are no longer at UF? Mullen reaches on iffy guys, be it character or grades, every year. 

@Loco to the courtesy telephone, please

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think the number is actually 6. 3 academic non-qualifiers, 1 transfer, 1 kicked off the team, and 1 kid is actually from the Bahamas and is having Visa issues. All of them were 4-stars.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Maybe go back and re-read those comments.  TL/DR @golfclap was saying how the sky was falling, Mullen couldn't recruit and UF was going to be destroyed in the perfect storm that was the rise of FSU/Wee Willy Tagart, Miami/Mark Richt (LOL), & UGA/Kirby Shart

My position was, and still is...  UF is going to be fine and not to freak out so far before signing day.   UF did "sign" a good recruiting class consisting of players other schools wanted.   I was never "getting a little high" on Mullen's recruiting (wish I could)

If I was to grade Mullen on recruiting I'd give him a "B" 

Missing on Bowman is borderline unforgivable... way worse than Steele leaving or UF admissions continuing a long tradition of fucking over the football team.  also Clempson $$$$

6 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I think the number is actually 6. 3 academic non-qualifiers, 1 transfer, 1 kicked off the team, and 1 kid is actually from the Bahamas and is having Visa issues. All of them were 4-stars.

Bahaha holy shit. So even though they finished 9th it’s probably more like 20th? Idk if I’ve bet heard of that kind of attrition from a signing class in less than 6 months.

checked the class calculator. I know other teams lose guys too (obviously not that many) but they would’ve finished like 17th, so even if you take into account other programs losing guys, their class was probably more like 15th.

Edited by Burt Macklin

Just now, Loco said:

Maybe go back and re-read those comments.  TL/DR @golfclap was saying how the sky was falling, Mullen couldn't recruit and UF was going to be destroyed in the perfect storm that was the rise of FSU/Wee Willy Tagart, Miami/Mark Richt (LOL), & UGA/Kirby Shart

Wait, how are those 3 schools doing for 2020? Oh, they're all ranked higher than UF? 

2 minutes ago, Loco said:

My position was, and still is...  UF is going to be fine and not to freak out so far before signing day.   UF did "sign" a good recruiting class consisting of players other schools wanted.   I was never "getting a little high" on Mullen's recruiting (wish I could)

Taking flyers on guys that everyone else backed off of because of character concerns to inflate your recruiting rating is prime Mullen. The fact that you still think he deserves a B is absolutely hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, Loco said:

Missing on Bowman is borderline unforgivable... way worse than Steele leaving or UF admissions continuing a long tradition of fucking over the football team.  also Clempson $$$$

What grade would you give the 2019 class now that you’ve seen the fallout?

Also, every year since his MSU days, Mullen snags 4 stars everyone else stays away from. His NSD classes are always inflated because he takes flyers on 4 stars that other programs backed off. See Arjei Henderson and apparently multiple other 2019 recruits.

16 minutes ago, Loco said:

see UGA

In the last 5 recruiting classes - Georgia has had a total of 5 recruits not enroll.  

In the last 5 recruiting classes - Dan Mullen has had a total of 10 recruits not enroll.

*This doesn't include kids that transfer immediately after enrolling.  I'm too lazy to chase those numbers down.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Wait, how are those 3 schools doing for 2020? Oh, they're all ranked higher than UF? 

Taking flyers on guys that everyone else backed off of because of character concerns to inflate your recruiting rating is prime Mullen. The fact that you still think he deserves a B is absolutely hilarious. 

How is Mark Richt doing?   Is Taggart going to have a job at FSU in 2 years?   Do you think UM gets a big win of the gata in 8 days?

The fact that you don't is hilarious...  

15 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

How many of these are Mullen's fault?  Transfer- nope,  Kicked off the team - nope, visa - nope   qualifiers - sure

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In the last 5 recruiting classes - Georgia has had a total of 5 recruits not enroll.  

The conversation above is also about players leaving ....hense the Kicked out and transfer players...  The goal post do seem to be moving a lot.

Edited by Loco

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

My apologies then - I thought the conversation was about Mullen taking risk-qualification kids that other programs had backed off of.

No, you’re right. Loco is simply being a cunt and trying to ensure the narrative boils down to a very specific filter that puts his boy QuasiMullen in the best possible light. 

10 minutes ago, Loco said:

How is Mark Richt doing?   Is Taggart going to have a job at FSU in 2 years?   Do you think UM gets a big win of the gata in 8 days?

The fact that you don't is hilarious...  

How many of these are Mullen's fault?  Transfer- nope,  Kicked off the team - nope, visa - nope   qualifiers - sure

I could give 2 shits either way, but you would have a better chance of defending Jeffrey Epstein.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No, you’re right. Loco is simply being a cunt and trying to ensure the narrative boils down to a very specific filter that puts his boy QuasiMullen in the best possible light. 

Tha fuck?  Are you simple?    How did I put Mullen in "the best possible light'?   I blamed him for the qualifiers and gave him a "B"   You need to relax a little

13 minutes ago, Loco said:

All of them. He's the fucking head coach. 

Let me help you out. EVERY School backed off of Henderson. Even motherfucking OU. This despite the fact that his dad (who I also feel very sorry for) is a highly influential guy that can help you get in on a lot of talent -- not just in one season but every season. So if even the dregs like OU are backing off of said player - perhaps there are reasons and they are known. Fuck every person on this fucking board knew that kid was a grade a knucklehead. His poor dad literally came on an apology tour to the Texas schools because of his son's behavior. 

This is one fucking example. it was known. He took Henderson for the fucking recruiting ranking and nothing more. He knew he wasn't going to make it in and if he did he wasn't going to be able to stay, and wasn't going to contribute even if he stayed. it was a mirage from the fucking drop.

Steele was a fucking mirage as well and everyone knew it. Again - not some sneaky ass subterfuge. Common. Fucking. Knowledge.  

6 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

I could give 2 shits either way, but you would have a better chance of defending Jeffrey Epstein.

I just got pinged in this thread about a year old conversation.  I'm not defending anyone but my position from what, a year ago?

29 minutes ago, Loco said:

In regards to the concept of Mullen taking "risky" 4 stars...I'd say that Steele transferring out because he was rooming with a guy who kept bragging about/and sexually assaulting women probably falls under the umbrella of questioning Mullen's recruiting takes. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

In regards to the concept of Mullen taking "risky" 4 stars...I'd say that Steele transferring out because he was rooming with a guy who kept bragging about/and sexually assaulting women probably falls under the umbrella of questioning Mullen's recruiting takes. 

but UGA ... 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

All of them. He's the fucking head coach. 

Let me help you out. EVERY School backed off of Henderson. Even motherfucking OU. This despite the fact that his dad (who I also feel very sorry for) is a highly influential guy that can help you get in on a lot of talent -- not just in one season but every season. So if even the dregs like OU are backing off of said player - perhaps there are reasons and they are known. Fuck every person on this fucking board knew that kid was a grade a knucklehead. His poor dad literally came on an apology tour to the Texas schools because of his son's behavior. 

This is one fucking example. it was known. He took Henderson for the fucking recruiting ranking and nothing more. He knew he wasn't going to make it in and if he did he wasn't going to be able to stay, and wasn't going to contribute even if he stayed. it was a mirage from the fucking drop.

Steele was a fucking mirage as well and everyone knew it. Again - not some sneaky ass subterfuge. Common. Fucking. Knowledge.  

You said Steele would never sign with Florida..   Now you say it was just an elaborate plan to boost recruiting ranking?  UF needed Steele and his depth at CB.  His recruitment was for a position of need, not some grand plan.

2 minutes ago, Loco said:

You said Steele would never sign with Florida..   Now you say it was just an elaborate plan to boost recruiting ranking?  UF needed Steele and his depth at CB.  His recruitment was for a position of need, not some grand plan.

He never played a down at UF. He is a West Coast kid cashing checks. He was always going to end up playing at USC. Always. I didn't think he'd sign anywhere else, but he was never going to stay at UF -- rapists or not. 

You know what... you are right. I am wrong, Mullen is a kick ass recruiter. Congrats dude. 

37 minutes ago, Loco said:

Tha fuck?  Are you simple?    How did I put Mullen in "the best possible light'?   I blamed him for the qualifiers and gave him a "B"   You need to relax a little

You're subjectively assigning responsibility to either "Mullen's fault/Not Mullen's fault" regarding the disproportionately high number of recruits that sign for teams coached by Mullen but don't end up playing a down, thus artificially inflating their recruiting ranking. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think one thing us and @Loco can agree on is that this dude is a fucking nutbar

ECHcrv6W4AIJ1YX?format=png&name=900x900

"From the outside looking out, you cannot explain." That exemplifies the aggie education perfectly, he will fit RIGHT in... he can't even get their motto right. Wonder if this is a fantastic troll, the responses should be delightful. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"From the outside looking out, you cannot explain." That exemplifies the aggie education perfectly. The fucking hammer stupid piece of shit can't even type out his own school's beloved fucking motto, or whatever the fuck they call it. Catechism. Whatever the fuck they want to call it, this dipshit can't even remember it. 

You might want to read that post again, Syd

Edited by texifornia

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All 6 signed LOIs?  So they are counters under the new math and will limit florida’s next few class sizes?

It's worse than that.  UF doesn't over-sign or greyshirt or any of that other shady shit... so

@texifornia  agreed.  I didn't even make it half way through that BS

• Like 1

I assume Florida is about to beat the fuck out of Miami. Then I think:

-Filipe Franks

-Legitimately disconcerting attrition 

then I also think:

-Manny Diaz

so yeah, what the fuck? I go with a double digit UF win, I guess. I’ll be in Costa Rica, deep in the jungle. Hope it’s a great game and a ton of dickheads get injured. I can’t handle a resurgent Miami under a buttplug like Diaz, so hopefully QuasiMullen can make it happen. Fuck Florida and the SEC from there. 

• Like 1