Non-Texas Recruiting Notes and Highlights: 2019 Edition

8 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yeah that edit really makes me want to go to Arizona. What a fucking chode.

It's a fan edit to be fair. We have some real awful ones too.

I've got no ill will to Sumlin - dude tried to do his job, got a little/lot too drunk sometimes, I feel that.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I've got no ill will to Sumlin - dude tried to do his job, got a little/lot too drunk sometimes, I feel that.

If that's a fan edit, then the fan responsible for that abomination is a chode. I have no pity for Sumlin. He was huge negative recruiter, all flash no substance (Swagcopter!), and an $-E-C coat tail rider. He's the epitome of a snake oil salesman that parlayed one victory over Bama into five mediocre seasons worth of job security. Fuck him and his incompetence.

9 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

If that's a fan edit, then the fan responsible for that abomination is a chode. I have no pity for Sumlin. He was huge negative recruiter, all flash no substance (Swagcopter!), and an $-E-C coat tail rider. He's the epitome of a snake oil salesman that parlayed one victory over Bama into five mediocre seasons worth of job security. Fuck him and his incompetence.

What? I celebrate every one of his inebriated moments in the Station. He was statistically one of the best coaches that aggy has had in the modern era and yet the guy won nothing but fauxmentum. Perfect aggy. I praise him and his incompetence!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

There was a UT amateur edits twitter account where the dude mixed up Erick Young and Jamal Morris lmao

Of all people to mix up, the best friends wanting to play together and leaning OU was pretty bad

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

There was a UT amateur edits twitter account where the dude mixed up Erick Young and Jamal Morris lmao

Of all people to mix up, the best friends wanting to play together and leaning OU was pretty bad

In b4 "they all look the same"

Cine visiting today ::

Texas will host one of its top targets today. Horns247 has learned that four-star Trinity Christian Cedar Hill defensive back Lewis Cine will make an unofficial visit to UT and take in the Longhorns’ spring practice. Cine picked up an offer from Texas last month. He also holds scholarships from Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Texas A&M and others.
Cine relocated from Massachusetts to Texas this offseason.

At 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, Cine is ranked as the No. 3 safety in the country and No. 6 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

Just now, golfclap said:

Cine visiting today ::

Texas will host one of its top targets today. Horns247 has learned that four-star Trinity Christian Cedar Hill defensive back Lewis Cine will make an unofficial visit to UT and take in the Longhorns’ spring practice. Cine picked up an offer from Texas last month. He also holds scholarships from Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Texas A&M and others.
Cine relocated from Massachusetts to Texas this offseason.

At 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, Cine is ranked as the No. 3 safety in the country and No. 6 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

Seems like this should go in the Texas thread and not the non-Texas thread.

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

not really recruiting related but from the UF scrimmage ::

Felipe Franks  - 3 of 17 for 27 yards 3 INT 1 lost fumble 0 TDs 

ouch. 

Yeah...but remember that one pass he thew really really far

48 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Soooo who's going to tell them they're not getting Higgins either lol 

WR is the least of my worries for this recruiting cycle.  We signed 6 last year and got Omar Manning, Jaelan Reagor and Kennedy Snell the year before.  Anyway, you guys can't sign all the good ones.  If you guys get Whittington, and Wright and Wilson and Higgins, more power to you but the odds are one of those guys or someone equivalent is coming our way.   My bigger concern is getting our #1 target at QB.  Max Duggan from Iowa is supposedly leaning our way despite just getting the red carpet from Urban Meyer on his tOSU visit.   He is also Notre Dame's #1 target at QB but apparently they're out of the running.  Getting Robinson, Rogers and Duggan in consecutive classes would be an accomplishment. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

WR is the least of my worries for this recruiting cycle.  We signed 6 last year and got Omar Manning, Jaelan Reagor and Kennedy Snell the year before.  Anyway, you guys can't sign all the good ones.  If you guys get Whittington, and Wright and Wilson and Higgins, more power to you but the odds are one of those guys or someone equivalent is coming our way.   My bigger concern is getting our #1 target at QB.  Max Duggan from Iowa is supposedly leaning our way despite just getting the red carpet from Urban Meyer on his tOSU visit.   He is also Notre Dame's #1 target at QB but apparently they're out of the running.  Getting Robinson, Rogers and Duggan in consecutive classes would be an accomplishment. 

I do appreciate reasonable insight from other team's fans.

That said, I'm pretty sure we're getting errrrbody.

Edited by HoustonHorn

Isn't Duggan headed to Minnesota or is all that just $9.95ers?

15 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
16 hours ago, angelos said:

Isn't Duggan headed to Minnesota or is all that just $9.95ers?

The 9.95ers are split.  Steve Wiltfong (national 247 guy) and the TCU writer put in crystal balls on Monday for Duggan to TCU.  Apparently the Minnesota guys still think he's theirs but Wiltfong supposedly has a source that says otherwise. 

On 4/4/2018 at 1:09 PM, Bodacious Bevo said:

I almost feel bad for the frogs... they have a good program but we're going to beat them out for elite recruits pretty much every time. I just hope we finally get the W on the field this year.

I was fearing Patterson was going to take the aggy job because of this.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m very excited for Jimbo’s late push to get Tisdale when he misses on higher targets 

And then the subsequent false hope of landing Wease and EJNO 

TCU lands one of the top grad transfers in the nation - Juwuan Johnson, LB from NIU.   Top LB grade in FBS last year by Pro Football Weekily.   

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23082691/tcu-horned-frogs-land-jawuan-johnson

Johnson recorded 98 tackles, including 18 for loss, and had five interceptions and five forced fumbles for NIU. He tied for the MAC lead in forced fumbles and tied for second in interceptions while ranking fourth in tackles for loss. Born in East St. Louis, Illinois, Johnson played high school football in Texas and wanted to play his final season closer to his family. After deciding to leave Northern Illinois, he reached out to TCU cornerback Jeff Gladney, a high school teammate, who connected him to the Frogs coaches.

"TCU was my dream school," he said. "I had moved to Texas in seventh grade, and my first year of football was there. Texas taught me a lot about football."