Orlando fired

Handcruser

Herman is still way more "retro" than "active" in his retroactive firing of Orlando.  At least he did it today instead of waiting until bowl season was over when the pickins options are Spaulding Smails, the field hockey assistant coach from Sarah Lawrence College,  and Roscoe the One Armed Midget, 

As it is, I have full faith and confidence from everything I hear around UT that Herman will be given a large checkbook to make a new hire and he'll completely fuck it up.  

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

holy shit I'm in shock.. didn't expect Herman to grow nuts 

you would have to think he is looking at the coaching careers of Charlie and guys like Lane Kiffin and wondering if maybe he wants to try and keep coaching at Texas or if he wants to have to go to Saban rehab (Saban rehab might be closing down sooner than later) or does he want to have to take a G5 job and then possibly get fired from it is his BS does not sell their either

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

Went from being one of the most sought after coordinators last year to fired this year.

I was as frustrated as everyone else with Orlando and it’s probably the right idea to can him, but be prepared for him to possibly do well at his next stop.

He was coaching in the most difficult league for defenses and he’s learned a lot this year that he will likely apply in the future. I could easily see him get picked up by a solid P5 program. Texas just couldn’t afford to wait for him to learn any longer.
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, gecko said:

Interested to see who coach’s D for bowl game

yeah, leaves a void kinda. I want to hire a highly admired NFL LB position coach as DC.   The LB is the heart and soul of any defense, great Ds have them as leading tacklers, so that's the correct direction.

It's going to be interesting to see if/where Orlando ends up.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I was as frustrated as everyone else with Orlando and it’s probably the right idea to can him, but be prepared for him to possibly do well at his next stop.

He was coaching in the most difficult league for defenses and he’s learned a lot this year that he will likely apply in the future. I could easily see him get picked up by a solid P5 program. Texas just couldn’t afford to wait for him to learn any longer.

nah son.. he sucks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t give a shit how he does at his next stop. As long as I don’t have to watch our nickel back slap fight an OT every 3rd down and long I’ll be happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Somehow though, Rhule and Riley had people that could figure things out on D in far less time....for far less money.