Orlando fired

Handcruser

6 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Herman cutting bait and bring in a new staff lol. The assistants will have all the power in these contract negotiations and We're gonna pay out the ass.

if it translates to success on the field it's worth it.. we need to embrace this as a mercenary school for coordinators and position coaches

8 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Herman cutting bait and bring in a new staff lol. The assistants will have all the power in these contract negotiations and We're gonna pay out the ass.

Who cares? It's not like it's our money. Pay out the ass. Don't we have lots of money? Why not spend it?

• Like 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Who cares? It's not like it's our money. Pay out the ass. Don't we have lots of money? Why not spend it?

I don't care whatsoever, I was merely pointing that out. Most coordinators will know Herman's on the hot seat and they'll have all the leverage is all. I don't give a shit, I think we should spend the shit out of our money is it means wins

37 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Herman can look to fire whoever he wants. But until he looks in the mirror and makes changes with the person he is seeing then this is all just window dressing.

"Make That Change Mensa"

Edited by LTtxfan

49 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Lincoln Riley went out and got Alex Grinich from Ohio State. We're out dumpster diving for Chris Ash

JFC. Chris Ash won a national championship as Co-DC at Ohio State. Grinch, in the same position, helped coach the worst Buckeye defense I've ever seen. It's good for Alex that someone hired him because Ryan Day wasn't keeping him on. Day replaced most of the defensive coaching staff from last year and the results speak for themselves. I'd take Ash over Grinch any day. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Wake me up when his buddy Beck is fired. He's a bigger issue than Orlando. Both need to be gone.

This is just not true at all. #15 offense in country, he’s a great recruiter, and a good QB coach. Ten times more valuable than Orlando, who doesn’t recruit, defense ranked #115, and whose positions group(LB) is fighting to take the number one spot for worst position group on the team. You’re out of your mind if you think Beck is more of a problem than Orlando

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, gecko said:

We’re going to need a bigger thread....Herman is doing some house cleaning...

3 years too late but maybe CDC can keep the ship afloat.  pleasantly surprised. we are not 5-7,5-7,6-7 with blowouts galore.  a real P5 staff could get us back in short order assuming we hold the portal chaos in check.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

I don't care whatsoever, I was merely pointing that out. Most coordinators will know Herman's on the hot seat and they'll have all the leverage is all. I don't give a shit, I think we should spend the shit out of our money is it means wins

Succeed at Texas and you write your ticket.  Somebody who thinks the way you do is not somebody we want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Herman can look to fire whoever he wants. But until he looks in the mirror and makes changes with the person he is seeing then this is all just window dressing.

This!   I mean next season is where he makes his employment  a long term deal at Texas vs losing his job because of his arrogance and becoming radioactive in the coaching world to the point he'd be lucky to get a coordinator job at a mid major or even an FCS job.   

• Like 1

I’d like to believe that all these firings/reassignment will make a difference...BUT...historically, what HC’s do y’all know that have been successful when forced to do so. I mean so he hires new cooordinators etc...does this mean we’re automatically gonna be conference beaters? I just see this as the last stand of Herman’s regime. Hope I’m wrong because watching UT football for the last decade has (save a few bright spots) really sucked. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NowThis said:

weird thing is that the D was improving and the O declining.

We had the same issues on D as we’ve had the entire 3 years, they were just better hidden by the circumstances of the game and having experienced players back. Poor containment, dbs not playing the ball, covering grass in zone, poor tackling form, guys not playing in their optimum positions.  

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Like 2

That it took three years for Herman to make these changes, and that he brought a staff of P5 buddies, both are bad signs for his future here.

But, it was pointed out that Herman appears never to have fired an assistant coach.  Which goes to show what a really baby coach he is.  It is conceivable that he learns on the job and becomes what we hope/want him to be.

And also underscores what an inadequate, foolish hire he was in the first place.

• Like 4