Mehringer fired, Beck, Meekins reassigned

mdmost

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

He can’t shit can everyone, we have a bowl game to play and we have to recruit. I see more coming, Warehime is a fucking spare.

Yeah, Warehime probably makes it through the bowl game and NSD#1, and the OC brings in his own guys. Same with the remaining defensive staff. I don't think Naviar, Washington, or Giles should feel safe right now.

3 minutes ago, XForce said:

Bama changes their coordinators just about every 1-2 years, so get the fuk out of here. 

Nick Saban might be a slightly better coach than Herman.  That might have something to do with him being able to do that.  Most all of those guys are leaving for promotions, not because they suck.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lulz at anyone thinking Herman is close to Dabo! Hahahaha. Herman fucking sucks. 

did dabo Fire his OC or “reassign” him? Fucking pussy. 

That's not what you asked. You asked if any coach had replaced his OC/DC going into year 4 and won a championship. There you go. Dabo did exactly that. Now, Herman may be delaying the inevitable, but Clemson'ing was a thing until it wasn't.

• Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

That's not what you asked. You asked if any coach had replaced his OC/DC going into year 4 and won a championship. There you go. Dabo did exactly that. Now, Herman may be delaying the inevitable, but Clemson'ing was a thing until it wasn't.

1 out of 1,000’s but cool man you guys go celebrate a reassign and thinking he won’t have any voice moving forward in the offense. Herman’s a pussy. And he sucks. You think think he won’t continue turtle Tom in crucial spots? He isn’t changing. And he isn’t hiring a big name OC either.

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Nick Saban might be a slightly better coach than Herman.  That might have something to do with him being able to do that.  Most all of those guys are leaving for promotions, not because they suck.

Saban also takes chances on failed head coaches more than any other coach in college football. For all his greatness, he lost yesterday because he's always had a shitty kicker and because he got played by Malzahn and couldn't count to 12. Then went on national TV to bitch about it.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

No man! Get fuk outta here bro. Herman will nattys now! Clemson, bama and Ohio st did!!! So we will. Herman sucks dick.

Get a grip. Herman is displaying the testicular fortitude to change things up on a level that Mack refused to do throughout his entire tenure. There will be two new play callers and I have a gut feeling Herman isn't finished yet. I don't understand why you're criticizing him for following through with what the vast majority of the board wanted trimming off the fat. If it fails then it fails, oh fucking well we've dealt with a decade of misery what's one more year?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Cleaning house? He’s fired two guys and reassigned two others? Lol. You guys are buying way to much into this shit. He isn’t hiring a big name and it’s gonna be the same shit as next year. And if you think beck won’t be in the planning meetings you’re delusional 

Beck is a great recruiter and a very solid position coach. It makes sense to retain him. As for Meekins, saying he’s just been reassigned is pretty misleading. He’s off the coaching staff. If he chooses to stick around in a role similar to Shipley, then that will likely benefit the program as he still has a lot of connections with Texas HS coaches. Either way, he’s been removed from the actual coaching staff. he’s still been fired as a coach.

im not sure how you can say firing a coordinator, two assistants and demoting the other coordinator isn’t substantial. Not to mention, a lot of reports have said there will be two waves of firings, so guys like Warehime aren’t necessarily safe. 

34 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

This is cool and all but before we all jizz ourselves we should probably see who Herm lines up at OC and DC.  

yep. If Ash is the first choice as DC, then it’s just the same shit all over again. 

1 minute ago, Chad said:

Get a grip. Herman is displaying the testicular fortitude to change things up on a level that Mack refused to do throughout his entire tenure. There will be two new play callers and I have a gut feeling Herman isn't finished yet. I don't understand why you're criticizing him for following through with what the vast majority of the board wanted trimming off the fat. If it fails then it fails, oh fucking well we've dealt with a decade of misery what's one more year?

Exactly.. We all know he wasn't getting fired this weekend.. He had to make changes, and now he's firing  members of his staff to hire those new changes.. and yet you got pussy ass posters already bitching about making the same fucking changes we all are asking....BEFORE they have been identified and hired. Fuckn Surl

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Urban would be our best recruiter. Who gives a fuck. Like beck is the only recruiter in the country? Wash the stank off this program and get rid of everyone. Him being around gives him a voice with his BFF Herman. Anyone thinking the offense will change next season is a idiot. 

So many of you underestimate the skills needed for recruiting.

Ever heard of John Mackovic?

9 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

CDC/Herman not cutting the Mehringer cancer last year is an indictment on both of them. I knew when a first class kid like Brennan Eagles voiced his concerns that we were dealing with a monster on the coaching staff. 

I'm on my phone and an having trouble catching up. What specifically was going on with Mehringer? Just a shitty coach that can't coach?

If it fails then it fails, oh fucking well we've dealt with a decade of misery what's one more year?

Maybe because we’re getting older, years are more important. So why just throw it away? Shit won’t change when the head dumbass never believes he’s out-coached, and never looks beyond the the current opponent (liar), and measures Texas’ success with our record vs in-state schools (lo-fucking-l).

2 minutes ago, bullet said:

So many of you underestimate the skills needed for recruiting.

Ever heard of John Mackovic?

Stop replying to this little bitch. If I looked enough before today, I'd probably see him saying that Herman wouldn't fire any of his buddies. Now it's not enough. Fuck this dude. 

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Exactly.. We all know he wasn't getting fired this weekend.. He had to make changes, and now he's firing  members of his staff to hire those new changes.. and yet you got pussy ass posters already bitching about making the same fucking changes we all are asking....BEFORE they have been identified and hired. Fuckn Surl

Are you suggesting it’s too early for a Fire Chris Ash thread?

if so, then you are wrong, sir.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Claiming Ohio st fired there OC and DC heading into there 4th season and win a title? When? Urban went 12-0 his first season at Ohio st? Bama and Clemson never had our same issues in firing anyone. Not even the same. But ok guys you celebrate sideways moves. We’re backkkkkklkkk. 

Ohio State had a new OC and DC when they won in 2014, you might recognize their names 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Maybe because we’re getting older, years are more important. So why just throw it away? Shit won’t change when the head dumbass never believes he’s out-coached, and never looks beyond the the current opponent (liar), and measures Texas’ success with our record vs in-state schools (lo-fucking-l).

The Ogre received tons of flak for underachieving. He switched things up and it worked out for him. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a miss. At least Herman isn't entering a lame duck season with the same play callers and assistants. You can't label it as a throw away before the replacements are even named and a single game has been played. Texas could go 6-6 next season or 11-1 nobody knows what is going to transpire.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol rational? This is surly. You guys go from calling for Herman head to now asking for people to be rational? Lol. Bookmark this when we have the same shit offense next year with the same group of 12 planning the games. 

shut the fuck up donny

you're out of your element here

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Michael Knight said:

Ohio State had a new OC and DC when they won in 2014, you might recognize their names 

Yea but they weren’t coming off a 7-5 season. Having a new OC and DC is different than firing your DC because he sucked and “reassigning” your OC because your a pussy and think no one else you hire could possibly recruit well. 

maybe I should reframe the question. What HC had to redesign his coaching staff going into year 4 coming off a 7-5 year. Dabo? Dabo fired that many guys? I seriously was asking because I don’t remember anything this drastic happening and it working out for the HC. Seems like a waste of a year with a guy like Urban Meyer sitting there waiting.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea but they weren’t coming off a 7-5 season. Having a new OC and DC is different than firing your DC because he sucked and “reassigning” your OC because your a pussy and think no one else you hire could possibly recruit well. 

maybe I should reframe the question. What HC had to redesign his coaching staff going into year 4 coming off a 7-5 year. Dabo? Dabo fired that many guys? I seriously was asking because I don’t remember anything this drastic happening and it working out for the HC. Seems like a waste of a year with a guy like Urban Meyer sitting there waiting.

Please stop wasting your time here, come back when Herman is fired.

• Like 2

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea I’m out of my element on a message board full of know it alls.

Pot meet kettle. The ironic thing is that you've been acting like a know it all with your speculation of the 2020 play calling before an OC has been named and the staff has been finalized. You're literally the only poster in this thread that is enraged. Chill out.

10 minutes ago, Chad said:

The Ogre received tons of flak for underachieving. He switched things up and it worked out for him. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a miss. At least Herman isn't entering a lame duck season with the same play callers and assistants. You can't label it as a throw away before the replacements are even named and a single game has been played. Texas could go 6-6 next season or 11-1 nobody knows what is going to transpire.

That's fair.  But it's also fair to say mensa has no proven coaching history to suggest he will figure things out.  I'm going to say he fails because he was unable to build on Sugar Bowl success. This team had so much going for it in 2019.  I didn't expect them to go undefeated.  But I expected a rematch against ousux in Dallas for the B12 Championship.  The bottom fell out under Tom's watch.  If reports are true, he let a cancer (Meh) remain on campus all year, and Baylor--yes BAYLOR--has an outside chance at the CFP if they beat ousux.  Texas is not where it should be.  Coordinator replacements won't address the bigger problem---this job is too big for mensa.  Deep down we all know this.

Edited by Shaggy3.0
  • Like 1

too funny.  he is doing exactly what we said he needed to do.

Fire Meh - he sucks and no one likes him, avg recruiter

Fire Orlando - doesn't recruit, married to his scheme that he can't coach, has never run a P5 defense

reassign Beck - great recruiter - keeo him on staff if you can

keep Drayton - if he loses Bijan you can shitcan him later - he's the RB coach - his only job is basically recruiting

Meekins - dead weight, reassign and fire later if needed after recruiting season.

just waiting for the Warehime shoe to drop.  Horny needs to be gone but whatever he's not a coach.

18 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Most of bitchin today isn't Surl-worthy...