Texas names Naivar interim DC, elevates George, Coleman to interim Asst Coaches

LTtxfan

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Tom-Herman-coaching-staff-changes-Craig-Naivar-interim-defensive-coordinator-Jeremiah-George-Andre-Coleman-elevated-analysts-139624860/

• Co-defensive coordinator Craig Naivar is the interim defensive coordinator, replacing Todd Orlando 
  • With Orlando gone, Herman has elevated analyst Jeremiah George to interim linebackers coach
  • Analyst Andre Coleman is elevated to coach wide receivers for the bowl game.

Edited by LTtxfan

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  • With Orlando gone, Herman has elevated analyst Jeremiah George to interim linebackers coach
  • Analyst Andre Coleman is elevated to coach wide receivers for the bowl game.

Both those guys are interesting hires (in a good way).

Just now, Rip76 said:

Splain.

Coleman had a pretty good NFL career and was WR coach at KSU before being promoted to OC at KSU. He did well at KSU as a WR coach. Off the cuff, he is likely a better recruiter and coach than Meh. That is a decent start for an interim coach.

George is a young guy from Florida who was pretty much a journeyman in the NFL and has no coaching experience. He isn't ready to be a coach at Texas, but I would assume that he will do well on the recruiting trail.

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Coleman had a pretty good NFL career and was WR coach at KSU before being promoted to OC at KSU. He did well at KSU as a WR coach. Off the cuff, he is likely a better recruiter and coach than Meh. That is a decent start for an interim coach.

George is a young guy from Florida who was pretty much a journeyman in the NFL and has no coaching experience. He isn't ready to be a coach at Texas, but I would assume that he will do well on the recruiting trail.

George is from Clearwater but is a Cyclone.  Dude is SKRONG so if nothing else could hang in the weightroom and help dudes make gains.  

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

When has that ever stopped anybody?

• Like 1

LTtxfan is certainly an odd duck, but he seems like good people and works the content in an effort to foment discussion. I’m glad actual news gets its own threads. 

Then you have Dr. Beeper/RexKramer who does nothing but vomit all over the board when he posts. If this guy disappeared from the boards forever, I don’t think a single poster would even query as to his whereabouts. 

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, George made #57 a playable LB tonight against a Top 15 team. He's probably not going to get the job, but it's obvious he can coach a bit. What's hilarious about his wiki page, it lists him as a current NFL Free Agent.

Edited by HtownHorn