Pollen: Texas ongoing thread

miguelito

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yup. Woke up here in SW Austin yesterday morning feeling like something was fucky with my sinuses and could immediately sense that it felt different than the typical early morning crud associate with allergies. Went to the KVUE site and saw that cedar was listed in the low count. Here's to looking at two months of itchy eyes/nose, constant low grade (if lucky) headache, crusty boogers blocking the snot from flowing out, coughing/hacking up phlegm, and just an all around fatigued/achy body. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I know a guy who swears by that stuff.  I tried it, but didn't notice any difference.  Maybe I didn't use it long enough, or maybe I wasn't supposed to use it as a suppository. I don't know.

I'm still curious about eating the berries directly, or making a tea with them or something like that.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Serious question: Why not cut them all down and burn them.  Maybe not out in the country, but why would any town have a cedar inside city limits?

The golden cheek warbler has a very powerful lobby.  I think some municipalities still list cedars as a protected species.

(Personally, I'm making notes of the trees on my property, identifying the males for future chopping)

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Serious question: Why not cut them all down and burn them.  Maybe not out in the country, but why would any town have a cedar inside city limits?

The pollen from the ones out in the country is what blows in with the winter winds. 

• Hook 'Em 1