Actual Coaching Staff Developments

RomaVicta

Am I optimistic? I'm ignorant and patient.

I don't look forward to the games because they're always shit fights no matter who we're playing. We never put the weak away and find a way to lose to some of them. We show maddeningly sporadic effort on offense where we start running out the clock at the end of the third quarter instead of sticking with what had been scoring. Herman is rigid in his approach as though football is a science.

I do put my hopes in Herman changing in response to failure. What else is there to hope for? He's here. I'm a Longhorn. I hope we succeed. Had he been fired, I'd have no choice but to my hopes in the new coach.

Hope does not equal optimism. A man walking up the gallows steps hopes he will get a reprieve. I doubt that man is optimistic.

Around here, there is a mentality that if you don't join in by parroting the grimmest appraisals then you must be a pollyanna sunshine pumper. I'm not that. I thought we were on our way after the win over Georgia. I did not expect the grim death march through the end of the season where I turned on the TV largely expecting us to lose even though we should have been winning.

I've explained myself enough on the other thread and now here. People can believe what they like. I've written all I care to about it.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Izhmash said:

Does it say when Chris Ash starts?  I didn't see if the appointment is immediate, or if he is expected to coach the team for the bowl game?  

104.9 said he won't coach the bowl game, but will be involved in game prep.  Given that he was already an analyst, I'm guessing he's already been working some.

1 minute ago, AustinMT said:

Because it's going to create a rush for recruits to come here?

i mean, if that's your guy, then you get him onboard as fast as possible and spin the shit out of it as the greatest move ever made by a head coach. fire up the social media engine with a bunch of ohio state stats (leave out the rutgers stats), throw in some nice quotes by other coaches and sell sell sell

• 2 weeks later...