Chris Petersen stepping down at Washington

mdmost

If burnout is the actual reason, I doubt he signs up for a pressure cooker like UT after a year or two of time off. I tend to agree that he may just be done with coaching. He can get a job in the AD and stay involved with kids, without the bullshit that coaching brings.

2 minutes ago, runthebone said:

That's not a "strip club." That's "shitty."

Y’all should organize a protest. No tittays is shittay! Instead of save the tatas it should be show the tatas. People in Idaho need to buck up. Maybe this is why they have the blue field. Fuckers are so blinded looking at that field they couldn’t tell you whether the strippers were topless or not.

Just to make another analogy, this reminds me of the Belotti to Kelly transfer at Oregon a decade ago. Belotti was pretty good in his own right but encountered a few rough seasons near the end before promoting an up-and-comer. I recall he also took an administrative role in the AD for a few years.

2 hours ago, Yuk said:

Scientologist not mormon.

I've read he's a Catholic, but of course the only sources for that I could find are Tigerdroppings and Texags. Even so, I think it would be big news if there was a bigtime coach who was a Scientologist, and the negative recruiting would be off the charts.

I loved the rumor that when Mack Brown brought Harsin over as the OC, there was an understanding that Harsin was here to get some experience other than Boise State and that when Brown retired Petersen would become the head coach at Texas and Harsin would become the head coach at Boise.