DeGabriel Floyd medically retires from football

Chuckie Finster

I was forced to quit as a junior in high school. It sucks. I can only imagine what it's like to have such stellar promise and then to be denied when you're ready to take the next step.

Apply the work ethic that made you a football star to your life efforts, my friend, and you will go far. Hope you stay at Texas and get your degree. 

Still, this just sucks for him.

Edited by RomaVicta

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is seriously what every one of these kids needs to learn.  

I'm old enough to have played in Jr. High (middle school) when that was a big part of what was expected of us. We were expected to have good grades and be good students in every way. We ran punishment or got swats for poor grades and behavior mishaps.

A friend of mine pointed out long ago how you can see women athletes in high school and college applying their efforts all across the board.

Damn that sucks. I haven’t been this excited about a linebacker since DJ.  Hope he finishes up school at Texas. I wonder what else he likes to do besides football. Would be cool if he became a coach.  He’s got to be aware of how much athletic talent and potential he had, going to be hard to walk away from the game but yeah would be cool if he became a coach for sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm old enough to have played in Jr. High (middle school) when that was a big part of what was expected of us. We were expected to have good grades and be good students in every way. We ran punishment or got swats for poor grades and behavior mishaps.

That is still expected in almost all HS schools in Texas. No Pass No Play still exists and most winning coaches expect their players to behave in class

Hate to see that. Like others, I was wanting to see him fuck shit up on the field. Heath is much more important though.

Who the fuck is Heath?  Is he a linebacker?

I’m gonna have to start proofreading. My phone has been getting me pretty good lately. That should have said health.

This has to be really hard for him. From all accounts he attacked his rehab and enthusiastically participated with the team in any way possible. A hard decision but the right one. Best of luck to DGF. More than anything, I hope he doesn't end up at a school with a med staff more beholden to the football program that gets him on the field when he shouldn't be.

As for Texas, if they weren't already operating as if he'd never play, they're dumb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This has to be really hard for him. From all accounts he attacked his rehab and enthusiastically participated with the team in any way possible. A hard decision but the right one. Best of luck to DGF. More than anything, I hope he doesn't end up at a school with a med staff more beholden to the football program that gets him on the field when he shouldn't be.

As for Texas, if they weren't already operating as if he'd never play, they're dumb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No worries - Orlando was in charge of recruiting LB's.  I'm sure he left the cupboard stocked for the next guy...

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

While drunk Tweeting is at 3:30am is 99% of the time very dumb, this is actually a pretty ok sentiment underneath the swearing

Agreed, that was more coherent and on-point than 99% of tweets that come out from sober people at 3PM...

Sigh... this guy would have solved all of our LB problems.  He was fucking people up at the all-american practices.  Whittington and DGF were probably the 2 most talented players in their class, and it's possible neither makes an impact at Texas due to injuries.  Hopefully JWhitt's luck changes.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...