Chuckie Finster

DeGabriel Floyd medically retires from football

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Damn. Best of luck to him.

Huge blow...kid was going to be a superstar

I was forced to quit as a junior in high school. It sucks. I can only imagine what it's like to have such stellar promise and then to be denied when you're ready to take the next step.

Apply the work ethic that made you a football star to your life efforts, my friend, and you will go far. Hope you stay at Texas and get your degree. 

Still, this just sucks for him.

Edited by RomaVicta

Boy that's a kick to the dick make no mistake. Kid was 100% effort all the time when he was playing, here's to getting a great degree and having a great life .

52 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Apply the work ethic that made you a football star to your life efforts, my friend, and you will go far.

This is seriously what every one of these kids needs to learn.  

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is seriously what every one of these kids needs to learn.  

I'm old enough to have played in Jr. High (middle school) when that was a big part of what was expected of us. We were expected to have good grades and be good students in every way. We ran punishment or got swats for poor grades and behavior mishaps.

A friend of mine pointed out long ago how you can see women athletes in high school and college applying their efforts all across the board.

8 minutes ago, 2300 Nueces said:

This program is unraveling fast.

We've known this was the likely outcome since April, don't use this as a reason to melt down 

Damn.  This really sucks for him.  Man, hope he makes the most out of this and that football was able to get him a degree. 

Scholarship count down to 78 with him and Urquidez going portal. Have room for 24 in the 2020 class with no other attrition.

Damn that sucks. I haven’t been this excited about a linebacker since DJ.  Hope he finishes up school at Texas. I wonder what else he likes to do besides football. Would be cool if he became a coach.  He’s got to be aware of how much athletic talent and potential he had, going to be hard to walk away from the game but yeah would be cool if he became a coach for sure 

Hate to see that. Like others, I was wanting to see him fuck shit up on the field. Heath is much more important though.

1 hour ago, 2300 Nueces said:

This program is unraveling fast.

You are a terrible human being and I wish nothing but the worst for you in life.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm old enough to have played in Jr. High (middle school) when that was a big part of what was expected of us. We were expected to have good grades and be good students in every way. We ran punishment or got swats for poor grades and behavior mishaps.

That is still expected in almost all HS schools in Texas. No Pass No Play still exists and most winning coaches expect their players to behave in class

52 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Hate to see that. Like others, I was wanting to see him fuck shit up on the field. Heath is much more important though.

Who the fuck is Heath?  Is he a linebacker?

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

He’s a safety for the Cowboys who sucks.

12 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

That is still expected in almost all HS schools in Texas. No Pass No Play still exists and most winning coaches expect their players to behave in class

Glad to hear it. My experience actually predates No Pass No Play.

I’m gonna have to start proofreading. My phone has been getting me pretty good lately. That should have said health.

This has to be really hard for him. From all accounts he attacked his rehab and enthusiastically participated with the team in any way possible. A hard decision but the right one. Best of luck to DGF. More than anything, I hope he doesn't end up at a school with a med staff more beholden to the football program that gets him on the field when he shouldn't be.

As for Texas, if they weren't already operating as if he'd never play, they're dumb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Good luck to him. Maybe he sticks around and goes the Frank Bush route.

Must have been 20  years since I went the Frank Bush route.

Can’t say I miss it.

Man that sucks.  Good luck to him.  All the potential in the world and someone we needed badly.  

14 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This has to be really hard for him. From all accounts he attacked his rehab and enthusiastically participated with the team in any way possible. A hard decision but the right one. Best of luck to DGF. More than anything, I hope he doesn't end up at a school with a med staff more beholden to the football program that gets him on the field when he shouldn't be.

As for Texas, if they weren't already operating as if he'd never play, they're dumb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No worries - Orlando was in charge of recruiting LB's.  I'm sure he left the cupboard stocked for the next guy...