JP Urquidez is grad transferring

texifornia

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Yes. His dad claimed he knew nothing about the shenanigans in Waco so they would let him out of his commitment. <cough> bullshit</cough>

He had signed an LOI with Baylor that they wouldn't let him out of unless he said he didn't know anything? I'm missing something here, obviously.

Just now, El Diablo said:

He had signed an LOI with Baylor that they wouldn't let him out of unless he said he didn't know anything? I'm missing something here, obviously.

Yes there were a handful of them that wanted out when Briles got canned. We got 3 of them. They only wanted out when Briles was fired not because of rape. The rape story was ongoing the whole year and they happily signed their LOIs with it on the front page each week. 

• Like 1

We got four, the Duvernay Bros, Urquidez and Hudson. Obviously, only one was a significant contributor, but that one turned out to be our MVP this year. 

Best of luck to J.P.. as far as I know, he didn’t do anything to besmirch the program, he obviously took care of his studies and deserves an opportunity elsewhere. And a classy farewell message to boot. Hook ‘em.

13 minutes ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, Ignatius said:
IIRC (which I may not cuz Jim Beam) yes, just like Duv and Patrick Hudson

Jim beam? Man I was young once too.

But now that you’re older you drink shit that douchebags on message boards tell you you should drink?

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:
16 minutes ago, Ignatius said:
But now that you’re older you drink shit that douchebags on message boards tell you you should drink?

No, I decided myself to not drink shitty liquor on the bottom shelf in plastic bottles that sell for $9.

Pardon me sir, do you have any Grey Poupon?

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yes there were a handful of them that wanted out when Briles got canned. We got 3 of them. They only wanted out when Briles was fired not because of rape. The rape story was ongoing the whole year and they happily signed their LOIs with it on the front page each week. 

Right. But it was a blatant lie by JP’s dad. When JP went on his OV to Baylor, One of their best players at the time (who I won’t name) specifically told him to “stay away from the black players because they’ll get you in trouble.” They knew all about what was going on. 

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

JP was just a Mack Brown special from the beginning.

Charlie took him, but the point is the same. He was never a particularly good football player, certainly not technically sound. Anyone who actually watched him play would have seen that. 

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

We got four, the Duvernay Bros, Urquidez and Hudson. Obviously, only one was a significant contributor, but that one turned out to be our MVP this year. 

Best of luck to J.P.. as far as I know, he didn’t do anything to besmirch the program, he obviously took care of his studies and deserves an opportunity elsewhere. And a classy farewell message to boot. Hook ‘em.

Am I the only one who thinks those farewell messages look suspiciously similar to one another, as if they are written by the athletic department.