VIKINGS - Season 6

83Horn

Begins this Wednesday, 4 December on History channel.  Anyone still interested in this show?  Was really good for the first few seasons, but has fallen off.  I'll give it a chance, and unless it completely screws things up, I'll probably keep watching to the end.

16 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah I'm still in but it's not the same. The first couple seasons were bad ass...the sense of not knowing where the hell you were going or what the hell you would encounter when you got there was pretty damn cool. And young Lagertha was sexy as hell

Watch Norsemen on Netflix if you're bored with Vikings.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yeah I'm still in but it's not the same. The first couple seasons were bad ass...the sense of not knowing where the hell you were going or what the hell you would encounter when you got there was pretty damn cool. And young Lagertha was sexy as hell

old Lagertha aint too bad either

• Hook 'Em 1

First episodes not encouraging.  Not terrible, but no narrative advancement since last season.  Setting up possible mayhem on a couple fronts later in the season, but I was kind of hoping for a bigger splash to start off the final season; however, unless this thing turns into Walking Dead level stupidity, I'll keep watching.

11 hours ago, 83Horn said:

First episodes not encouraging.  Not terrible, but no narrative advancement since last season.  Setting up possible mayhem on a couple fronts later in the season, but I was kind of hoping for a bigger splash to start off the final season; however, unless this thing turns into Walking Dead level stupidity, I'll keep watching.

Vikings Season 7:  Ivar in South America

On 12/3/2019 at 10:26 AM, 52-80 said:

old Lagertha aint too bad either

True, but they didn't do her character any favors.

This show became only borderline watchable after Ragnar got axed, and I have a hard time bringing myself to sit through it now. It just doesn't have the quality of characters or story line it had in the first few seasons. It's just hanging on until the viewers finally give up completely.

Edited by DougO

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wife and I started another binge of this which we do from S1 E1 every couple years. Such a strong first few seasons. We’ll likely stop at Ragnar’s death which is where the show should have stopped. The remainder sucked balls. They really hoped Lagertha could save it.