French Fries/Onion Rings

ftf82

Not many new topics here lately. Let’s try this one. Best fries and rings in town.  

Fries.  Lived here over 30 years and nothing really stands out   I never got the love for Hyde Park   There was a Belgium bar next to Manuel’s on Congress in the 90s that had great ones served with housemade mayo (:chefskiss:). Nothing like a Railhead BBQ in Ft Worth or a cheese fries from OG Snuffers on Greenville in Dallas though.

Dan’s curly fries

Enoteca Vespaio

Mighty Fine

Rings. Not counting steakhouse rings, these are my favorites.  Too many joints just use Sysco frozen.

Top Notch 

Shady Grove

Huts (RIP)

What do You Got?

spacer.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Are Bartletts the same as when it was Houston’s?  I haven’t eaten there since, but I remember them being good.

Yep.  One of my favorite meals I've ever had in Austin was when my wife and I dropped into Bartlett's ~ 3 PM on a Saturday and I ordered steak frites.  Time slowed down.  Great meal, a couple of glasses of red, and a movie at Alamo, all unplanned.  I was sure we were gonna spend half the day looking at shitty furniture and whatnot, but Bartlett's to the rescue.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, Not that Bob said:

I miss The Stallion. 

Dirty’s rings appeal to me. Thin batter and plenty of grease. I had a gallbladder attack after a meal there long ago. Once a year at most. 

I really like Dirty's rings too, but I wish they'd put a touch of seasoning into the batter. I think that would pretty much perfect them. 

• 2 weeks later...