Disc Golf

Snow Dog

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of replacing the Army surplus gas mask bag that I use to carry my discs. 

Any tips, recommendations, critical features to include (or exclude) or product endorsements for good bags? 

I currently carry a quiver of about 6-8 discs, but as I get back into it after a ~18 year hiatus, I'm not necessarily opposed to going a little deeper. Plus I am usually carrying one of my five year old's discs, but he may get past the "driver and a putter" phase before he's going to be willing to carry his own shit, so another reason to expand my capacity. 

But I can't conceive of ever going much beyond 20ish discs at a time, and even that seems outrageous to me. 

Also, why are there two DG threads - this one, and another in Other Sports? 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I started playing again after damn near 20 years. My 6yo wants to go play everyday at our local private park that has 3 random baskets but no defined course. We were playing around one day and met a group who had setup an actual 18 hole course. They have since marked the tee boxes and made laminated course cards for people that want to play. 

Now I go play every tuesday night with the group I met and have been re-learning everything. I just ordered a practice basket for the backyard so I can work on putting. I suck at putting. I forgot how addicting this game can be.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

Haven’t played in years, but when I did I used one disc and one disc only: the shark. It’s all you ever need.

May have to start back up and go get a new shark

Agreed. The shark is awesome. I got an ace a few weeks ago with a shark.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Bump because disc golf is awesome.

I started playing a little over a month ago.  I'm a forehand thrower as I threw frisbee that way for decades.  With a frisbee I was a thumb thrower which doesn't translate to disc golf but the throwing motion is similar enough.  I conitnue to progress and learn.  The biggest thing is getting consistency off the tee.  My approach shots are already solid which I almost always throw with a cheetah.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 8 months later...