Definition of Insanity

AustinMT

Definition of insanity?

i come back here every day expecting intelligence and wit contained within these threads. And I don’t find it. Instead I find dumbfuckery, stupidity, trolls, perverts, futureman and deadbeats.   

But, that’s why I keep coming back. 

That’s insanity my friend. 

Carry on...

• Like 1

Dabo had a shitty first season at Clemson (4-3 after taking over for Bowden who got fired midseason), a solid but not great second season (9-5) and a bad third season (6-7, ending with a loss to USF in the Meineke Bowl). Then, with his seat blazing hot and his hand being forced, he fired his OC and DC and got new ones. Things have gone pretty alright for him since then.

Edited by Thermos H. Christ

21 hours ago, AustinMT said:

Things went bad for Mack, so he made numerous coordinator and staff changes.  We saw how that turned out

Things went bad for Charlies, so he made numerous coordinator and staff changes. We saw how that turned out.

Things went bad for Tom, so he made numerous coordinator and staff changes...

Things didn't go bad for Tom.  He had a down year and made changes right away.  

Why don't you cite the 100s of example that turned out much worse?  High odds it won't work out as an exception to the rule.  I'm so tired of the Dabo example because to believe that is going to be the case requires you to ignore the propensity of the evidence it will likely not work out. 
We literally have examples of our last 2 coaches this scenario not working out but you want us to focus on the exception to the rule? 

Known as “Helsinki Syndrome”. "As in Helsinki, Sweden."
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

Why don't you cite the 100s of example that turned out much worse?  High odds it won't work out as an exception to the rule.  I'm so tired of the Dabo example because to believe that is going to be the case requires you to ignore the propensity of the evidence it will likely not work out. 

We literally have examples of our last 2 coaches this scenario not working out but you want us to focus on the exception to the rule? 

My point was simply that the amount of people making it a foregone conclusion that this fails simply on the end of Mack and Strong teams is a bit narrow minded. I don't know if it will work, but I don't think CDC is a fucking idiot either.

I'm not a fan of Beck's play calling. Orlando had a pretty good D in year one when we had more experience. I cut him some slack this season due to the youth and injuries.

If I had my druthers I'd prefer more talent on the OL and DL over new coordinators.

But, hey, Tom's up a creek without a paddle so he has to do something to appease the fan base. Firing assistants is business as usual for coaches on the hot seat.

On 12/3/2019 at 10:10 PM, MoJames said:

Saban revamped his OC and DC year 2.

Dabo revamped his OC and DC the year prior to winning it all.

But those coach’s made the revamp their card hand consisting of three ACE’s and two Queens.  Herman’s got one ACE and four different numbers.

8 hours ago, tjhooker said:

There are countless examples of it not working and just not wanting to face reality.  It normally means there is a problem with the HC. Whereas there are very few examples of staff changes saving a program. 

We literally just watched Strong do the exact same thing. But it’ll def be just like Dabo. JenLawOk.gif