Larry and Sergei hands over the keys to Sundar

52-80

https://abc.xyz/investor/news/releases/2019/1203/

Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG, GOOGL) today announced a management change. The change is effective immediately.

Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the CEO and President, respectively, of Alphabet, have decided to leave these roles. They will continue their involvement as co-founders, shareholders and members of Alphabet’s Board of Directors.

Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google, becomes the CEO of Google and Alphabet. He will remain the CEO of Google, and assumes the role of managing Alphabet’s investment in its portfolio of Other Bets. Pichai will remain a member of Alphabet’s Board of Directors.

So...Satya and Sundar runs the world

3 hours ago, ajax said:

Kinda tangential, but any chance that all that Indian brainpower turns India into a first world country in the foreseeable future?

Tons of brilliant Indians and brain power like any other individual basis, but from a macro perspective you've obviously never worked with TCS, infosys, Wipro or HCL eh? 

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Tons of brilliant Indians and brain power like any other individual basis, but from a macro perspective you've obviously never worked with TCS, infosys, Wipro or HCL eh? 

For every brilliant Indian, there are 50,000 not so brilliant Indians.

• Like 1

I wonder if the duo want to do something different, and what would that be? Gates was somewhat pushed by the antitrust stuff, and he has found his other vocation. Bezos has Washington Post and Blue Origin. Musk is Musk. They may not be wired like Pichai, Nadella, Cook, etc. who are good at managing huge things, which gets somewhat repetitive year after year. I know they have some outside projects but they are pretty small. I suspect they will go more technology route (Musk) than charity route (Gates).

Edited by AeroHorn

7 hours ago, AeroHorn said:

I wonder if the duo want to do something different, and what would that be? Gates was somewhat pushed by the antitrust stuff, and he has found his other vocation. Bezos has Washington Post and Blue Origin. Musk is Musk. They may not be wired like Pichai, Nadella, Cook, etc. who are good at managing huge things, which gets somewhat repetitive year after year. I know they have some outside projects but they are pretty small. I suspect they will go more technology route (Musk) than charity route (Gates).

I don't think they've ever tied themselves to any sort of charity or cause.  So either they want to do explore cool tech stuff.... or just do hookers and blow all the time.

10 hours ago, AeroHorn said:

Page is amassing a number of flying car companies