POS George Zimmerman SUES Trayvon Martin's family for $100MILLION

purplepride95

that statement of parties seems really weird to me.  graduated from high school and works at pandora jewelry?   florida.

edit: asking for "in excess of $100,000,000.00 million US dollars" so, 100 million million?

edit2: his lawyer's address is a mailbox at a UPS store.  wtf

image.png

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

he works around the statute of limitations by claiming new evidence came to light in a film recently put out by "Hollywood Director Joel Gilbert."

Joel Gilbert (born April 15, 1964) is an American filmmaker, musician, and conspiracy theorist.[1][2] Gilbert's political films advance right-wing conspiracy theories.[1][2][3][4] He has been a frequent guest on InfoWars.[5]

Gilbert produced several films on Bob Dylan. He released the films Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison (2010), and Elvis Found Alive (2012) as documentaries, each exploring a conspiracy theory about the musicians' earthly states. In 2012, he re-classified them as mockumentaries.[6]

In 2012, Gilbert released Dreams from My Real Father, which detailed his conspiracy theory regarding US President Barack Obama's biological father. The film was critically panned for its unsubstantiated allegations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Gilbert

can this get more florida?

Edited by elfenix

so it sounds like the claim is rachel jaenteel, the prosecution's most important witness, who testified to being on the phone with TM right before the shooting was in fact never on the phone and that she made up everything?  

seems like it'd be a pretty easy fact to prove or disprove.  

Surprised this guy wasn’t done under by a rogue person. Do you think he rolls around with security and personal body guards?

Crazy 180 from being accused of murder to suing for $100mm dollars. Even if he has a legal/technical case for something, if he sees one red cent the optics are going to be horribad and you’ll see blood in the streets I’m sure of it.

Cool.  Counterclaim for wrongful death.  And cross-claim against the producer of the new "documentary" for defamation.  If the producer claims the phone records prove something, and Zimmerman is relying on them in his case, they need to produce what they have in discovery.  If, on the other hand, their claims are utterly made-up bullshit (while nothing is guaranteed in life, that's the choice a betting man would make), then 1) his case is tossed, 2) the producer is going to get crushed on the defamation action, and 3) hey, about that wrongful death suit....not that old George has any money, but if he wants to get fucked again....that can be arranged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  Counterclaim for wrongful death.  And cross-claim against the producer of the new "documentary" for defamation.  If the producer claims the phone records prove something, and Zimmerman is relying on them in his case, they need to produce what they have in discovery.  If, on the other hand, their claims are utterly made-up bullshit (while nothing is guaranteed in life, that's the choice a betting man would make), then 1) his case is tossed, 2) the producer is going to get crushed on the defamation action, and 3) hey, about that wrongful death suit....not that old George has any money, but if he wants to get fucked again....that can be arranged.

Any idea what the statute of limitations on wrongful death is in Florida?  Seems like that shooting was quite a few years ago.

Just now, gernblansten said:

Any idea what the statute of limitations on wrongful death is in Florida?  Seems like that shooting was quite a few years ago.

No idea.  But in most states, filing a suit against someone revives any counterclaim that might have expired due to limitations.  Always be careful in picking a fight. You might get one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

so it sounds like the claim is rachel jaenteel, the prosecution's most important witness, who testified to being on the phone with TM right before the shooting was in fact never on the phone and that she made up everything?  

seems like it'd be a pretty easy fact to prove or disprove.  

This. And if it is true there was an intentional switch, then I hope he wins. In a court case where someone's life is on the line, everything should be on the up and up. 

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

This. And if it is true there was an intentional switch, then I hope he wins. In a court case where someone's life is on the line, everything should be on the up and up. 

I agree with your standard.

And I'd like you to look at the recent cases of prosecutorial misconduct we've discussed around here.  Plenty of outrageous conduct.  But outright fabrications of evidence by the prosecutors?  That's.....exceptionally rare.  I'll never say anything's impossible.  I'll just say that it doesn't pass the smell test.  I would also encourage you to look at the super-sleuth who supposedly uncovered this bombshell evidence.  His track record of peddling bullshit is pretty solid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I agree with your standard.

And I'd like you to look at the recent cases of prosecutorial misconduct we've discussed around here.  Plenty of outrageous conduct.  But outright fabrications of evidence by the prosecutors?  That's.....exceptionally rare.  I'll never say anything's impossible.  I'll just say that it doesn't pass the smell test.  I would also encourage you to look at the super-sleuth who supposedly uncovered this bombshell evidence.  His track record of peddling bullshit is pretty solid.

I would say that if there's any truth to this that it's more likely that the prosecutor simply didn't bother to look into the claims by the family.  Just trusted their word and ran with it.

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I would say that if there's any truth to this that it's more likely that the prosecutor simply didn't bother to look into the claims by the family.  Just trusted their word and ran with it.

Well, except for the fact that the suit alleges that the prosecution knew and participated in the alleged fraud:

Klayman said several defendants in the suit 'have been proven to know about the switch to the imposter witness' - including Fulton, Crump and Florida prosecutors Bernie de la Rionda, John Guy, Angela Corey

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

No idea.  But in most states, filing a suit against someone revives any counterclaim that might have expired due to limitations.  Always be careful in picking a fight. You might get one.

Wasn’t he an additional insured on the Hoa’s policy that settled with the Martin’s?  If so, they may have released their claims.  

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Wasn’t he an additional insured on the Hoa’s policy that settled with the Martin’s?  If so, they may have released their claims.  

No idea.  They did settle that claim against the HOA, as I recall.  As to the claims against the family, that release may be interesting (mutual releases?  Indemnity obligations?).  Of course, I also recall their attorney saying AFTER that release, the family was still considering suing him individually, so that would indicate that he was NOT covered by that release.  In short, I dunno -- it's all about the release, and whatever it says.

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

George and Trayvon are both POS.  Poor decisions on both sides.  That said the kid didn't deserve to die and this idiot deserves no money.  Don't start none won't be none.  

Trayvon may have been a punk teenager who made a poor decision, but who here wasn't? Our POS homeboy here was old enough to know better. While he was acquitted, which was probably the correct legal decision, he had no business doing what he did and probably would have gotten what he deserved had he had no weapon.

George and Trayvon are both POS.  Poor decisions on both sides.  That said the kid didn't deserve to die and this idiot deserves no money.  Don't start none won't be none.  

Lol you're seriously equating the two?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, elfenix said:

that statement of parties seems really weird to me.  graduated from high school and works at pandora jewelry?   florida.

edit: asking for "in excess of $100,000,000.00 million US dollars" so, 100 million million?

edit2: his lawyer's address is a mailbox at a UPS store.  wtf

image.png

It's all good, man.  Used to be in the backroom of a manicure joint.

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Wouldn't the wrongful death be barred by the SOL? (my crack research team has determined it is 2 years in FL for WD)

10 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Wouldn't the wrongful death be barred by the SOL? (my crack research team has determined it is 2 years in FL for WD)

Again, see my follow-up above -- many states have a provision that allows for reviving expired claims if you file them as a counterclaim.  There's a good policy reason behind that -- it prevents a party who has a claim with a longer SOL period (say, 4 years) from waiting till the SOL on a claim they are at risk on (say, 2 years) waiting till after the claim they're at risk on is dead, and then filing suit with no risk of counterclaim.  This law says "if you pick a fight with someone, they get to fight back with any counterclaims they may have, including ones that are otherwise expired because of SOL."  It's a basic fairness rule.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, see my follow-up above -- many states have a provision that allows for reviving expired claims if you file them as a counterclaim.  There's a good policy reason behind that -- it prevents a party who has a claim with a longer SOL period (say, 4 years) from waiting till the SOL on a claim they are at risk on (say, 2 years) waiting till after the claim they're at risk on is dead, and then filing suit with no risk of counterclaim.  This law says "if you pick a fight with someone, they get to fight back with any counterclaims they may have, including ones that are otherwise expired because of SOL."  It's a basic fairness rule.

Gotcha, that make sense from an equity standpoint.  Both claims would make for one hell of a trial.

This dude was acquitted and people have largely forgot who he was by now. WTF; put yourself back in the spotlight so long after the fact unless you’re just an attention whore.  

Edited by SDG

Just now, SDG said:

This dude was acquitted and people have largely forgot who he was by now. WTF; put yourself back in the spotlight so long after the fact?  

Well, see, what you have to remember is, he's a pathetic lose with no prospects and also a sociopath with no redeeming value whatsoever.  Once you run those numbers, it all makes sense.