America's Game 2019: Army vs Navy

Iceman

Word on the street is that Army's honoring 1st Cav from Texas' own Ft Hood with their uniforms this year.  No intel on the Squids.

There are few things better than the day that envelope arrives.  So cool how they depict it.

Go Army! Beat Navy!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Word on the street is that Army's honoring 1st Cav from Texas' own Ft Hood with their uniforms this year.  No intel on the Squids.

There are few things better than the day that envelope arrives.  So cool how they depict it.

Go Army! Beat Navy!

Avatar/call sign do not do not align.

Go Navy!  Beat Army!

Edited by Rockwell Torrey
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Avatar/call sign do not do not align.

Go Navy!  Beat Army!

I'm a Jarhead. Oldest son went to USMA.  Younger son is enlisted Navy.

I rooted for Navy until kid was at West Point. I told him after he graduated that I would switch back.  That's what my brain said.  My heart still pulls for the Black Knights on game day.  probably always will.

Avatar has zero to do with those loyalties.  LOL.

Go Army!  Beat Navy!  Sing Second!!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Meh, most overrated boring game of each season.

I don't know...I enjoyed that 2017 Army-Navy game in the snow probably more than any college or pro game I've watched in a decade...(part of that is because post-2009 Texas, but still, that was a great game)...

Image result for army navy game 2017

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 4

At my current overseas command, we have a big event on the day before the game with a kids, then women's, then men's army vs navy flag football game. Last year's game drew 850 spectators and we had the cheerleaders from the Baltimore Ravens flown in along with two former Ravens players. Rumor has it that Warren Sapp and Marshall Faulk are gonna flown in this year. For those of us that didn't go to the academies, it's a cool way to embrace and participate in the Army/Navy rivalry and brotherhood.

Go Navy! Beat Army!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I hope your mom likes Tequila because that's what I"m bringing over. 
Cmon' man this is the pride of the nation playing. 🤘 I don't care if both teams are winless going into this one. 

Edited by Marfa Low Crown
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Pick a team when you are 6 years old and stick with them in this match . Go army beat navy, because grandpa.

You some kind of Euro fag or something?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

16 hours ago, Iceman said:

I'm a Jarhead. Oldest son went to USMA.  Younger son is enlisted Navy.

I rooted for Navy until kid was at West Point. I told him after he graduated that I would switch back.  That's what my brain said.  My heart still pulls for the Black Knights on game day.  probably always will.

Avatar has zero to do with those loyalties.  LOL.

Go Army!  Beat Navy!  Sing Second!!!

top gun iceman GIF

• Like 2

Grandpa and Dad were Navy, so of course as a kid I cheered for Army.  But they're gone now, and I plan to watch the two little ones and cheer for Navy.  

BEAT ARMY!

How can anyone hate this game?  It's kind of the summation of why college football is the best sport on the fucking planet.

I have friends and family on both sides, so I just like to watch and don't feel a real dog in the fight.  When Army was terrible, I tended to root for them to upset Navy.  Does Army become bowl eligible with a win?  They're 5-7 currently.

19 minutes ago, vtaenz said:
1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Not bad, feel like they missed the layup on the helmet with that goofy shading they added. Not a fan of the block letters on the sleeve. Overall not bad though.

I agree on the Helmet. But it is UA so .....