America's Game 2019: Army vs Navy

Iceman

28 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude they're still college kids,  not Rambo, they still do college kid shit. I also kinda doubt the hazing you're suggesting is looked upon kindly by the powers that be at Federal military colleges. It ain't A&M or the Citadel.

Yes, for the umpteenth fucking time...it's not neonazi shit.  I contended multiple times that it was a joke done in poor taste.  I suspect, that as always, the administration at West Point will get to the bottom of it rather quickly (probably not until after the New Year though).  And we'll know what's what, I'm from a military family and I will respect the process.  Just a message board pontification.  People posted the fucking video so some of us commented on it.  Just like after the Bin Laden kill, and everybody in America suddenly knew everything about the SEALs.  Now we have this incident and the political pundits on both sides are coming out of the woodwork to see who knows more service academy graduates.  I Was having great exchanges with folks on here before and during the game.  Let's try to get back to that and leave this bullshit for the Cloak Room.

Me all along  from a long line of Navy grads.  Me simply indicating This was not domestic terrorism, but still a worrisome occurrence.  Me still saying this was a Bad joke gone awry.  

today-me still just pointing out obvious shit.

today both army and navy announce official investigation 

Just get the fuck over yourselves guys

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Me all along  from a long line of Navy grads.  Me simply indicating This was not domestic terrorism, but still a worrisome occurrence.  Me still saying this was a Bad joke gone awry.  

today-me still just pointing out obvious shit.

today both army and navy announce official investigation 

Just get the fuck over yourselves guys

What the hell are you talking about now?  Of course there has to be an investigation.  People like you are screeching about how it is "worrisome," so some kid gets to pay.   

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, politics aside, something tells me that 21 year olds with training on all manner of high powered weapon systems, that haze their plebes in a way that makes Longhorn frat activities look like a PBS after-school special, who are just months away from officer commission and deployment to theaters of warfare, and whom will lead the next wave of American warfighters for well over a full generation...DO NOT FUCKING PLAY the "Made you Look" game.  I think some of you still believe in Santa Claus, too.  Hit me up when you're looking for your next poker game.

You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/15/politics/navy-internal-investigation-hand-gesture-video/index.html

Like it or not, an official probe by both West Point and Annapolis has begun.  For the fifth time, I will say it seems it was a joke done in poor taste, not a hate crime and both service academies are tacitly admitting that they think it may have been something other than an innocent game of "Made you Look."  Just what one would glean from the article.  I think it's probably nothing and these cadets get some mopping duty for the holiday break, but I doubt a 3-star (Daryl Williams) typically gets involved in another round of the Circle Game.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/15/politics/navy-internal-investigation-hand-gesture-video/index.html

Like it or not, an official probe by both West Point and Annapolis has begun.  For the fifth time, I will say it seems it was a joke done in poor taste, not a hate crime and both service academies are tacitly admitting that they think it may have been something other than an innocent game of "Made you Look."  Just what one would glean from the article.  I think it's probably nothing and these cadets get some mopping duty for the holiday break, but I doubt a 3-star (Daryl Williams) typically gets involved in another round of the Circle Game.  

Your alleged narrative of the life of a West Pointer  (or any US military college) is the thing people are reacting to I believe (and no the 2 teams are not older than the US.).  They're 18-23 year old kids who aren't trained in all manner of high powered weapons systems, and do stupid shit like any other college kid.  

• Like 3

Of course they're gonna do stupid shit, more power to 'em.  The stories I've heard from family members that went to Annapolis are in line with silly shit.  But a Lt. General is now looking into the matter, so it's no longer Dean Wormer looking into fizzies in the swimming pool.  They're entitled to be kids/young adults, but not every one of their CO's may feel the same way as evidenced by a sweeping investigation being called for just hours after the incident.  We can laugh with them and at them as young people doing dumb shit.  But the U.S. Army may see it slightly different as evidenced by this internal investigation.   

And yes I realize college football didn't exist in 1775.  But the Academies play for their Branches as a whole, and the Army and Navy are older than the U.S.  It was a comment on how the game is bigger than just the (relatively) small Service Academies, it's about the entire Armed Forces.  But thanks for letting me know there were no college football programs in 1775, the nuance was as lost as it'd be on speaking with a woman.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Of course they're gonna do stupid shit, more power to 'em.  The stories I've heard from family members that went to Annapolis are in line with silly shit.  But a Lt. General is now looking into the matter, so it's no longer Dean Wormer looking into fizzies in the swimming pool.  They're entitled to be kids/young adults, but not every one of their CO's may feel the same way as evidenced by a sweeping investigation being called for just hours after the incident.  We can laugh with them and at them as young people doing dumb shit.  But the U.S. Army may see it slightly different as evidenced by this internal investigation.   

And yes I realize college football didn't exist in 1775.  But the Academies play for their Branches as a whole, and the Army and Navy are older than the U.S.  It was a comment on how the game is bigger than just the (relatively) small Service Academies, it's about the entire Armed Forces.  But thanks for letting me know there were no college football programs in 1775, the nuance was as lost as it'd be on speaking with a woman.  

Ya might wanna quit while you're still only 4 touchdowns behind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

This is how I feel about 98% of the people commenting on 1) the daily life of an academy student and 2) the motivations/ rationale for the ‘circle game’ in an otherwise hyper-stressed environment on the collective ‘academy holiday’ of the year.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Of course there is an "investigation" because the liberal public demands it.  Otherwise....no.

• Like 2

Yes, I for one am very glad these guys are receiving a free education which prepares them to control the lives of our volunteer soldiers.

I hope they get permanent assignments in the Arctic Circle....

Somebody had a West Point grad as a CO that he didn’t get along with. Or, somebody just wants to keep pouring gas on a very, very stupid fire.

An article about it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7815047/Navy-Probe-finds-no-racism-intent-hand-gestures.html

The Navy said that reviews of the footage, more than two dozen interviews and background checks by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the FBI determined that the two freshmen midshipmen were participating in the 'circle game' with West Point cadets.

WHEW MAN IM GLAD WE GOT THAT ALL FIGURED OUT

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

29 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

An article about it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7815047/Navy-Probe-finds-no-racism-intent-hand-gestures.html

WHEW MAN IM GLAD WE GOT THAT ALL FIGURED OUT

Trump and Barr control the FBI!  Don't you know anything????

*Not a comment in favor of anything that Trump or Barr are doing with the Department of Justice, just a tweak of some of the hysterics on this thread.