Ski boots

I think buying them blind and hoping they work is a bad idea.   She needs to try them on (without considering how they look...good luck) and pick the pair she likes/fit best.  Otherwise IMHO you're just putting chips on the roulette table and taking a spin.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 8:47 PM, capnamerca said:

Get boots that fit. Wear thin socks. Smooth out creases from the sock before you put the boot on. Keep your core warm.

Walla. No cold feet.

This is the truth. As for what type of boots to get, it is impossible to tell you. If I remember correctly, Dalbello fit wider feet while Technica and Lange fit more standard feet. Nordica may be in between Dalbello and Technica. FT, I can't remember. Apex you probably have to ask for specifically to try them on. Anyway, you can't pick out a boot for her she needs to go to the store and get fitted. Alpine Sports in Santa Fe spends a few hours getting you into the right boots. St. Bernard in Houston I liked because they were straight forward in the process but their boots were expensive. Sun and Ski was okay but it is probably hit or miss with the sales person. Anyway, you can get a much better price online at Evo or Skis.com or Moosejaw or Steep and Cheap but then you need to go to a store and get them fitted which will cost you money. Probably some place like Sun and Ski is a good option because their prices are pretty good and if you get a good rep, you can get them fitted for free.

45 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Sun and Ski was okay but it is probably hit or miss with the sales person.

That's where I got my last pair, and I got a good dude who spent time with me, got me into a great pair of boots, and, as you mentioned, the free, custom fit heat molding.  I know it's just snow Academy, but if you have bought a good bit of gear and know what you want and what it should feel like, SnS isn't a bad option.

You know what really works for keeping feet warm while skiing? Making sure snow doesn't melt and get all in her boots.

Look into this product called the boot glove. They go over the boots and keeps snow out. They look dorky as hell but it's pretty much all you need to stay warm.