49ers suspend radio analyst for kindaracist.jpg remarks

markstanco

You can't point out the skin tone of blacks, hispanics, or middle eastern people because it's racist, it'll hurt their feelings, and it'll keep them down. You can say whatever insulting thing you want to white people and Asians because they're resilient and pretty much whatever you throw at them they'll shake it off and keep trudging on.

At least that's the message I'm getting from our current PC culture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

race is absolutely a social construct. i wrote my senior thesis at texas about this.

but that's neither here nor there. this due was talking about physical characteristics. he didn't say that lamar ran faster because he was black. he said his dark skin color and dark uniform made locating the ball more difficult. 

i mean. i dunno, that's true. sure maybe he should have exercised caution in what he said and how he said it. but, i mean, i don't sense any kind of real racism there. and i like to feel i'm pretty sensitive to racism. as someone above posted, he didn't go fast twitch muscle jimmy the greek on this shit. 

but yeah, as a media figure, you maybe should be more careful. take your slightly unfair suspension, but don't get fired. that's my hope for the big dummy.

Ah that explains a lot

All media figures have to walk on egg shells when talking about race? Or just some people and some races?

How about this sports radio host?

there's like a million of these:

26 minutes ago, ajax said:

You can't point out the skin tone of blacks, hispanics, or middle eastern people because it's racist, it'll hurt their feelings, and it'll keep them down. You can say whatever insulting thing you want to white people and Asians because they're resilient and pretty much whatever you throw at them they'll shake it off and keep trudging on.

It's *people of color now, you also have to keep up with the newest trendy language that's the most "inclusive" for these "folks".

Also Asians can be mocked (or left out of the minority discussion) relentlessly and nobody bats an eye.

The funny thing is the it's the white liberals who get the most upset by all of this shit - not most of the actual melanin rich brothers.

Edited by Zavala

3 hours ago, ajax said:

All of the above is a little bit racist.

15 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

As a HS outside linebacker who had to defend against a fast 6'6" black QB with huge hands, whose team wore maroon jerseys and ran the triple option, I can confirm there is something to what Ryan said. I've been saying the same thing about that guy I played since 1985. 

You could not see the fucking ball until you'd fucked up.

You sound like you were a coach on the field. Gym rat. Sneaky fast. Deceptively athletic. Heady. 

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

I find it not shocking people from the left collective crawled out of CR to declare this as racist or kinda racist. 

Hmm, I see David Dennison and . . . that's its? Meanwhile, yourself, ajax, and Zavala have been all over this thread. You sure its the left that crawled out of the CR bud?

This appears to be a symptom of this growing phenomenon in our society where it's taboo to even acknowledge the existence of race.  Reminds me a little of the San Francisco school board's decision to remove a George Washington mural painted by a communist and which depicts Washington as a slave-overseeing, blood-soaked colonizer.  The school board president even referred to the removal of the mural as a form of "reparations."  It doesn't matter if the intent is harmless or even anti-racist as in the case of the mural, merely acknowledging the existence of race is enough to require cancellation.  

Edited by Fozzz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

Hmm, I see David Dennison and . . . that's its? Meanwhile, yourself, ajax, and Zavala have been all over this thread. You sure its the left that crawled out of the CR bud?

Exactly what I was thinking. Sack too.  Same as the thread about that idiot Smullet who faked his own racial incident...bat signal.  

I don’t think it was necessarily racist, probably a lot of truth in it too...like the white sleeves comment in baseball, or why there’s a batters eye, or why they replace balls now after they get scuffed...visibility in a fast paced sport is a real thing.  

Guy’s a dumbass for thinking that statement would come without someone being outraged, and for not considering that it’d be risky towards his career.  

It's a little racist.
No.
Pointing out that a black person's dark skin gives him an advantage above and beyond his talent and skill is a little bit racist.

That's because it's a little racist, no matter what the white folks say.
All of the above is a little bit racist.
racist very racist

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Sack too.  Same as the thread about that idiot Smullet who faked his own racial incident...bat signal.  

I don’t think it was necessarily racist, probably a lot of truth in it too...like the white sleeves comment in baseball, or why there’s a batters eye, or why they replace balls now after they get scuffed...visibility in a fast paced sport is a real thing.  

Guy’s a dumbass for thinking that statement would come without someone being outraged, and for not considering that it’d be risky towards his career.  

No. He said something completely true and that anyone with any common sense wouldn’t dispute.  He isn’t the dumbass.  The outrage cancel culture fucktards are the idiots here.  Sadly, they have a huge voice. 

Edited by Johnny Sack

7 hours ago, ajax said:

You can't point out the skin tone of blacks, hispanics, or middle eastern people because it's racist, it'll hurt their feelings, and it'll keep them down. You can say whatever insulting thing you want to white people and Asians because they're resilient and pretty much whatever you throw at them they'll shake it off and keep trudging on. they have privilege and power, but not any sort of emotions.

Fify.

3 hours ago, nnm said:

You sound like you were a coach on the field. Gym rat. Sneaky fast. Deceptively athletic. Heady. 

If you are trying to imply that I am white, you are correct. However, be that as it may, I lacked those traits. I was plenty athletic, but overpursuing, blowing assignments, and overaggression were more my bag than coach-on-the-fieldness. I guess you could say I was a white homeless man's Malik Jefferson.

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

1185915668.jpg.0.jpg

This with the benefit of a still photo, laces, unobstructed view

Fair point. It's insane to expect pro football players to have the perception, vision, and reaction time to discern if someone is holding a football or not. You actually can't see the football at all in the pic below because Lamar is so black. 

lamarjackson_niners-e1575287646654.jpg?w

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

No. He said something completely true and that anyone with any common sense wouldn’t dispute.  He isn’t the dumbass.  The outrage cancel culture fucktards are the idiots here.  Sadly, they have a huge voice. 

I don’t know that it’s unequivocally true. It’s sort of a facile, perfunctory  point. The ball isn’t that close in color to leave the defense totally lost as to where the ball is. The proximity of the ball’s color to Lamar’s skin color isn’t something that in and of itself obscures the ball beyond what the actual play fake does to cause confusion for the defense. Regardless, the mere mention of his skin color shouldn’t cause this sort of reaction. 

6 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
10 hours ago, Underdog said:
NFL to announce a change in game balls to combat this dastardly deception, will be switching to white leather balls...
mac-speedie-white-ball.jpg

Kirk Cousins has an advantage to the new run pass option

That white ball was sweet.  The good old days.  But it became privileged so we had to get rid of it.  

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

He is a dumbass for thinking it wouldn’t cause a stir.  He said his peace and is facing the consequences handed down by a business that is looking to make money and not offend its listeners and lose ad revenue.  It may not be fair or right, but he chose a profession that lends him a voice broadcast to a huge audience...he has to weigh the pros and cons of making a statement like that. 

Not everything that happens in a vacuum is reflective of an entire culture.  Smullet was an idiot, that doesn’t mean racism doesn’t exist.  This radio guy choose poorly in weighing the pros and cons of his declaration that a brown/black player is ‘harder to see’ and thus gains a competitive advantage in what is ultimately a game played for our amusement...it may be marginally true but it’s still Ill-advised given his audience.  

I feel that an Indian VP at my company only hires demure Indian guys on his staff to both immune himself from diversity claims and simultaneously apply a caste system approach that allows him precise control over the direction of his team...I may be right but I’m not going to call it out in a strategy session attended by a dozen influential people...that’d make me a dumbass for not being cognizant of my environment and failing to understand that stating that piece of ‘knowledge’ has almost zero upside at the risk of being alienated.