Cowboys @ Bears: TNF Edition

Vic Mackey

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody ever actually take courses pertaining to coaching? The psychology of clapping is one of the first things they teach. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach not clap.  Not that I’m defending it,  it becomes annoying when overused to the point of becoming a meme, but these are the facts. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Clap clap clap clapd42f6e1880418e1a275c6b4fd0c48076.jpg

This is unfair to Jason. He actually has a variety of slightly different claps to deploy. Even now he is probably scripting his first 15 claps to get the Cowboys off to a good start.

Rumor has it he's even developed a new and special clap for special teams. The Bears won't know what hit them.     

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

Anybody ever actually take courses pertaining to coaching? The psychology of clapping is one of the first things they teach. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach not clap.  Not that I’m defending it,  it becomes annoying when overused to the point of becoming a meme, but these are the facts. 

I bet you’re fun at parties.

• Like 1

I guess one could say that Garrett has the Clap.

The ancient Romans had set rituals at public performances to express degrees of approval: snapping the finger and thumb, clapping with the flat or hollow palm, and waving the flap of the toga. Emperor Aurelian substituted the waving of napkins (orarium) that he had distributed to the Roman people for the toga flapping. - Google

Garrett could wave a hanky - or a white flag. Seems almost appropriate for his milquetoast demeanor. Or he could snap his fingers - beatnik house style.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

53 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We’ve been favored in every single game except for the Patriots game. Think about that, and let it sink in. 

That has more to do with Vegas knowing there's a shitload of stupid moron cowboy fans who flock there to put a few bills on the Cowboys no matter what the line is. 

So apparently Michael Bennett is now the leader of the defense. Getting everybody jacked, in the middle of the huddle, leading the whole motherfucking thing. 

A trade-deadline rental who has been here maybe a month is a leader because there is nobody else with any fucking leadership balls on the fucking team. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing before.

And people wonder how a team with so much individual talent can be such a pack of .500 bitches. 

8 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

That has more to do with Vegas knowing there's a shitload of stupid moron cowboy fans who flock there to put a few bills on the Cowboys no matter what the line is. 

I disagree. More people hate the cowboys, and would root and bet against them. It has more to do with thinking we were a better team. Think about the losses and the outlook of the team at the time of those losses.

On the road against a backup qb in NO

At home against the Packers when we were 3-1 and the Packers just lost to the eagles 

At NYJ. No explanation needed

At home against a Vikings team with no signature win and Kirk cousins in primetime.

At home against a Buffalo team who didn’t have a signature win, and we were in a “must win” situation.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

So apparently Michael Bennett is now the leader of the defense. Getting everybody jacked, in the middle of the huddle, leading the whole motherfucking thing. 

A trade-deadline rental who has been here maybe a month is a leader because there is nobody else with any fucking leadership balls on the fucking team. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing before.

And people wonder how a team with so much individual talent can be such a pack of .500 bitches. 

Somebody needed to fucking do it and if it’s Bennet then so be it.  Maybe he will be what just the doctor ordered.