Cowboys @ Bears: TNF Edition

Vic Mackey

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DougO said:

It is, thanks to the commie Goodell. And they've done it to the Cowboys three or four years in a row now. It's bullshit. But the Cowboys have done pretty decent with it before. They just suck ass.

i think it is the nfl's way to try and mitigate the advantage of the annual home field advantage on thanksiving day.

though, to be fair. chicago played the lions on thanksgiving as well, so these teams should be on equal shitty footing.

• Like 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i think it is the nfl's way to try and mitigate the advantage of the annual home field advantage on thanksiving day.

though, to be fair. chicago played the lions on thanksgiving as well, so these teams should be on equal shitty footing.

I'm good with an away game but not the sunday night game.  it needs to be a Noon game.

• Like 1

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

Do you even know what prevent is? We nearly hit a deep shot for a TD against single man coverage and were hitting fairly deep shots left and right. That wasn't prevent they were playing.  

yes I do. Do you. they had backed their corners off and were dropping in coverage.  they were playing soft giving the underneath stuff. rushing three and safeties deep.  it was basically prevent.  

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Did Chicago have to play a late afternoon game on the East Coast before their thanksgiving game? 

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Did Chicago have to play a late afternoon game on the East Coast before their thanksgiving game? 

hey there's no way to schedule equity, i reckon. i'm a cowboys fan, for god's sake.

and yes, i was lazy and only looked at game dates and not home/away stuff or gametime. 

i stand by my comment that no matter who, 3 games in 11 days is criminal at this level. 

21 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

hey there's no way to schedule equity, i reckon. i'm a cowboys fan, for god's sake.

and yes, i was lazy and only looked at game dates and not home/away stuff or gametime. 

i stand by my comment that no matter who, 3 games in 11 days is criminal at this level. 

No doubt.  I think it’s especially shitty having to play a road game the Sunday before thanksgiving and have a 4.5 hour flight back home, putting your on the tarmac at 2am, then turning around and playing 84 hours later.   

40 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

No doubt.  I think it’s especially shitty having to play a road game the Sunday before thanksgiving and have a 4.5 hour flight back home, putting your on the tarmac at 2am, then turning around and playing 84 hours later.   

Yeah, except when you realize Buffalo had to play a game the same Sunday then turn around in less than 72 hours and fly out to Dallas, sleep in a hotel, an deal with being away from home and family for the week of Thanksgiving. 

There's zero excuses. Other teams play Thursday. Actually, playing at home on Thursday has shown to be a massive advantage because the other team is having to travel on such short rest. 

This isn't the refs. This isn't scheduling or whatever. Their schedule has been so fucking easy this year Tom Brady and Rodgers are the only legit QBs they've played in 13 games. They missed Brees. They missed Stafford.

This is pure and simple garbage coddled and spoiled players playing for a shitty coach and a soft, weak, all bark no bite owner. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Yeah, except when you realize Buffalo had to play a game the same Sunday then turn around in less than 72 hours and fly out to Dallas, sleep in a hotel, an deal with being away from home and family for the week of Thanksgiving. 

There's zero excuses. Other teams play Thursday. Actually, playing at home on Thursday has shown to be a massive advantage because the other team is having to travel on such short rest. 

This isn't the refs. This isn't scheduling or whatever. Their schedule has been so fucking easy this year Tom Brady and Rodgers are the only legit QBs they've played in 13 games. They missed Brees. They missed Stafford.

This is pure and simple garbage coddled and spoiled players playing for a shitty coach and a soft, weak, all bark no bite owner. 

Believe me, I’m not making excuses.  I complained about this before the season, I complain about it now.  Playing 4 games in 18 calendar days (3 on the road) is a fucked schedule, and it’s 3 years in a row of the same shit.   

that being said, there is no excuse for Claptain America and his merry band of short bus riders.  

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It makes me ragey that jerry Jones has made billions on the backs of Cowboys fans while simultaneously destroying the Cowboys brand and completely failing at the task of winning. It’s so unjust.

Why?  It's our dumbass fault for continuing to fill the stadium and watch the games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Don't care for your pussy ass, but pretty good points.

The timing of the games on the schedule has very little to do with the Cowboy's record.

Being horribly coached is the biggest factor.

Heard an interesting stat this morning....

The Cowboys have scored more points than Seattle...

Given up less points than Seattle.....

Have more yards than Seattle....

Given up less yards than Seattle.

Cowboys are 6-7

Seattle is 10-2

Go figure.

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The timing of the games on the schedule has very little to do with the Cowboy's record.

Being horribly coached is the biggest factor.

Heard an interesting stat this morning....

The Cowboys have scored more points than Seattle...

Given up less points than Seattle.....

Have more yards than Seattle....

Given up less yards than Seattle.

Cowboys are 6-7

Seattle is 10-2

Go figure.

Cowboys are 6-7, yet +63 in points. 

Only one other team has done this, ‘63 Lions. 

Yes, Fire ‘em all, Marinelli first

Edited by Mossyhorn