Videos of USC offense

bschoolprof

My guess is there are lots of UT fans that have not watched much of the USC offense this year.  Here are some game highlight clips (couldn't find any of just the USC offense - sorry).

I didn't want to put this in the 2020 coaches thread because there's a lot of shit flinging there.  This thread is just for comments/thoughts Harrell's offense at USC. 

• Like 3

I like the spread passing attack and its potential for our offense - we were best this year when we went hurry up and just let Sam and the WRs play without too much thinking - that's the basis of the Air Raid.  

One thing that does worry me a bit is I'm not in love with the run scheme in most of these highlights.  Harrell is no Lincoln Riley in that regard.  The runs seem to be mainly some kind of outside zone or jet sweep action.  It's very perimeter based.  That's stands in stark contrast to Herman's love affair with inside zone come hell or high water.  It will be interesting to see (if we get Harrell) whether there's a blending of our current run concepts or we go full Harrell.  

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Do we have our own Pittman and Amon-Ra? I kid, kind of. Eagles could be Pittman, but Amon-Ra is a beast of a man. 

Hell, we don't even have a Bru McCoy.

Or do we? Did he go home because Mehringer... or because LeachTree OC?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This is presumptive. I hope you aren’t karmically jinxing us. 

Who really gives a fiddler’s fuck?  If we fail, we can hire Urban or some other slimy scumbag cocksucker who wins.  We are playing with house money, papi!  Giddy up, let’s go win some motherfucking games.  You know, the opposite of that hair challenged cunt at McGregor St. who quit on John Denver and his jort wearing, couch burning, prick bastard following from coal miner territory.

10 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I like the spread passing attack and its potential for our offense - we were best this year when we went hurry up and just let Sam and the WRs play without too much thinking - that's the basis of the Air Raid.  

One thing that does worry me a bit is I'm not in love with the run scheme in most of these highlights.  Harrell is no Lincoln Riley in that regard.  The runs seem to be mainly some kind of outside zone or jet sweep action.  It's very perimeter based.  That's stands in stark contrast to Herman's love affair with inside zone come hell or high water.  It will be interesting to see (if we get Harrell) whether there's a blending of our current run concepts or we go full Harrell.  

They wouldn’t even consider Harrell unless they were contemplating some sort of shift/fusion.

This is not supposed to be a thread celebrating our "new" OC.  It was just a place to fill in some details of the offense of the leading candidate, which I'm betting most of us have not seen much this year, unlike say LSU and Brady.  The 2020 coaches thread is kinda all over the place, which I why I didn't put it there.  

Perhaps I should have named it "videos of OC candidate offenses."  I don't know how to change it - if anyone does, let me know.  

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

This is not supposed to be a thread celebrating our "new" OC.  It was just a place to fill in some details of the offense of the leading candidate, which I'm betting most of us have not seen much this year, unlike say LSU and Brady.  The 2020 coaches thread is kinda all over the place, which I why I didn't put it there.  

Perhaps I should have named it "videos of OC candidate offenses."  I don't know how to change it - if anyone does, let me know.  

I wouldn’t worry about Negomatic. You did good.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

I will come back and watch once Harrell is on the staff. Looks like Herman is about to shit the bed again if rumors are true that Harrell is staying at USC.

The hire should have been made last year. At this point, I wouldn’t blame Harrell one way or the other.

12 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

If the rumors about him bringing Jeff Traylor are true, I would have no concerns about this.  Our run scheme under Traylor in 2015 was extremely innovative and successful, even without having a QB that could throw a forward pass.

Examples:

jZgWRB.gif

r8qWkW.gif

• Like 1