Florida >> armed robbery >> UPS truck jacking >> fatal shooting

Goo Punch

Imagine you were in one of the civilian cars and your children were in the back seat strapped in car seats while this was going on and the bullets are flying over and around your car.

Seems like many police have become military without the command and regimentation structure of real military but instead are solo soldiers acting however they wish in the moment. Which leads to casualties and chaos. Arming them with surplus military equipment speeded up the process quite a bit.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, Lat22 said:

I have no doubt the bullets that killed the UPS guy and the civilian came from the police.

There was a motorcycle chase in Houston last night.  The cops let him go (or more likely couldn't keep up with him) but kept the helicopter on him.  He wound up parking at a hotel in Kingwood and was arrested about an hour later.  Nobody died.

What fun is that?

And to top it all off, UPS thanked the police while doing nothing for, ya know, the guy who was their employee who got mercilessly gunned down by said cops. 

It was left up to another UPS employee who actually had some empathy to start a Go-Fund me for the wife and two kids of the slain driver.

22 hours ago, mchookem said:

gotdamn. that is incredibly fucked up

Yes it is. Just as fucked up as the feds rolling those Army armored vehicles through the flimsy Branch Davidian building knowing there were scores of women, little kids and infants inside. 80+ dead there, and the DoJ people in charge got promotions.

• Like 1

Seems like many police have become military without the command and regimentation structure of real military but instead are solo soldiers acting however they wish in the moment.

A squad of Marines in Afghanistan operates under stricter rules of engagement to protect civilian lives. And, you know, they actually have combat training.

These are pretend soldiers, playing at being Superheroes in Blue, using zero fucking common sense or any rules of engagement at all, killing real people.

I’m kinda done with cops.
  • Like 4

Do police academies  practice shooting through windows and walls at targets so they can see what happens to their bullets' trajectory after firing through something like glass or metal?  

Got two puzzled looks like, "Why would we spend time on shit like that?"  To learn a fucking lesson to quit shooting through shit when innocent people are around.  If it's just the perp behind there, go ahead and fire away.  But they need to learn, in the physical world in which we live, that doesn't matter how good a shot you are, your rounds are gonna go willy-nilly.  

And all those fucking cop cars, not one fucking guy had tear gas or something else they could have sent into the truck to knock people out?  

Their first instinct, after almost killing 50 people on the highway, was to get behind the nearest minivan and just start blasting?  A piece of corrugated cardboard can change the trajectory of a high-powered pistol.  And what's the back of a UPS truck filled during the holidays?  It's impossible you guys are this stupid.  

12 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

And to top it all off, UPS thanked the police while doing nothing for, ya know, the guy who was their employee who got mercilessly gunned down by said cops. 

It was left up to another UPS employee who actually had some empathy to start a Go-Fund me for the wife and two kids of the slain driver.

Wow

10 hours ago, blacklab said:

You'd rather sit between cops and the UPS truck with cops using your car for cover than trying to get out of there?

My feeble attempt at a joke, bossco.

i.e. Cops: That guy just ran the red light. Let him have it boys!!!

Edited by Steel Shank

There's a cell phone video (that I haven't been able to link) where this guy is sitting at the next intersection.  As the chase approaches, there are all sorts of pedestrians running towards the action.  When the bullets start flying, you can hear them cracking right over this guy's head.  The car of the dead civilian actually rolls into this guy's car. No way to count the shots but it had to be over 100.  If you find a video with two spanish speaking guys, that's the one I'm talking about.  I see if I can figure out how to link it.

16 hours ago, blacklab said:

What I don't understand is how those people in cars were just sitting there. I would have been jumping curbs and plowing people to get out of there.

I wouldn't have faulted any of those drivers for running over a cop shooting through their vehicle.    They would have immediately become an actual target though.

Edited by d2o

On 12/7/2019 at 2:04 PM, PilotsError said:

...2c351d03fdaf7014ff255ed9acdbcb29.jpg

If I'm the driver of that SUV labelled "Family with Kids" that fucking cop to my front left is getting his bitch ass run the fuck over.

Correction: The car labelled "Civiian" is blocking my escape forward and to the left. Welp, guess I'll have to back over about 3 or 4 more before getting away.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 5:18 PM, blacklab said:

What I don't understand is how those people in cars were just sitting there. I would have been jumping curbs and plowing people to get out of there.

Nah, you pull out our piece and start shooting in the same direction as the cops. All while screaming 'Respect my Authority!' and waving your 'Blue Lives Matter' flag. 50% you make it out alive.

• Like 1

The other HPD thread got me thinking about how cop killers are considered a top priority over people just killing civilians.  For the record, I agree with this premise---that anybody crazy enough to shoot armed police is gonna wreak havoc among unarmed civilians.  

So that takes us to this shootout where the police are obviously using innocent people in their cars as human shields.  Those of you on this board in law enforcement are certainly encouraged to tell us about how this is some new tactical maneuver being deployed in the most dire of circumstances.  I'm all for officers taking defensive positions behind impervious cover.  Nobody here is saying they should just stand out in broad daylight hoping the perps don't shoot at them.  But perhaps leaving your own patrol car to take position behind a car full of innocent people is not the wisest course of action.  Now if the car full of children is closer to the UPS truck, or in a better firing position, than your own squad car---instead of using the children as a human shield, you could always do something goofy---like I dunno, move your own fucking car.  First day of vehicular training at the company, we roll up on a "scene"...get out of the car fast and low and leave it in neutral, crouch behind the front or back and roll the car up manually to where you want to fire from.   

So here's my point about prioritizing cop killers.  You're hiding behind innocent women and children, gambling on your brilliant idea that the bad guys wouldn't possibly be crazy enough to just start shooting up a minivan.  Your logic says that if they're crazy enough to shoot cops (which we know there were, in spades), they'll wreak havoc on innocent civilians.  So you just saw them shooting at cops.  So your brave idea is to hide behind women and children, the very people we know they'll fucking shoot at as soon as they're done shooting at the cops.  

Do you guys listen to the bullshit that comes out of your mouths?  Or is the non-stop gunfire aimed at the shoulder blades of young black men drowning out your pragmatic voices?  

He'll just claim he can't comment on proper procedure while the investigation is still ongoing.  He'll get 40 rep points.

Three months later he'll post something incredibly insightful about how it was NOT proper procedure and no law enforcement officer is happy with the shootout.  He'll get 75 rep points.

The other HPD thread got me thinking about how cop killers are considered a top priority over people just killing civilians.  For the record, I agree with this premise---that anybody crazy enough to shoot armed police is gonna wreak havoc among unarmed civilians.  
So that takes us to this shootout where the police are obviously using innocent people in their cars as human shields.  Those of you on this board in law enforcement are certainly encouraged to tell us about how this is some new tactical maneuver being deployed in the most dire of circumstances.  I'm all for officers taking defensive positions behind impervious cover.  Nobody here is saying they should just stand out in broad daylight hoping the perps don't shoot at them.  But perhaps leaving your own patrol car to take position behind a car full of innocent people is not the wisest course of action.  Now if the car full of children is closer to the UPS truck, or in a better firing position, than your own squad car---instead of using the children as a human shield, you could always do something goofy---like I dunno, move your own fucking car.  First day of vehicular training at the company, we roll up on a "scene"...get out of the car fast and low and leave it in neutral, crouch behind the front or back and roll the car up manually to where you want to fire from.   
So here's my point about prioritizing cop killers.  You're hiding behind innocent women and children, gambling on your brilliant idea that the bad guys wouldn't possibly be crazy enough to just start shooting up a minivan.  Your logic says that if they're crazy enough to shoot cops (which we know there were, in spades), they'll wreak havoc on innocent civilians.  So you just saw them shooting at cops.  So your brave idea is to hide behind women and children, the very people we know they'll fucking shoot at as soon as they're done shooting at the cops.  
Do you guys listen to the bullshit that comes out of your mouths?  Or is the non-stop gunfire aimed at the shoulder blades of young black men drowning out your pragmatic voices?  
.2d6f04b89cfb8c3f0e6d211b65d61027.jpg