Shooting at Pensacola Naval Air Station

Pancho

Had a bit of rough ten minutes when I saw that this morning. My uncle works at a naval air station in Milton 20 minutes away but is always in Pensacola. Turns out he wasn’t there and was safe. First thought was, who did he piss off. Those guys do nothing but talk shit and give hell to each other, but the military way.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1

https://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shooter-naval-base-pensacola/story?id=67542409

4 dead in shooting incident at Pensacola naval base; suspect was Saudi national, officials say

Investigators trying to determine whether shooting was terror-related or not.

Four people are dead including the suspect after an active shooting incident at a naval base in Pensacola, Florida, police said.

The shooter was a Saudi national in the U.S. for flight training, two law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation told ABC News. Investigators are trying to determine whether the shooting was terror-related or not, the officials said.

Authorities responded to reports of a shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola at 6:51 a.m. on Friday, officials said. ATF and FBI also responded to the scene.

The shooting took place at one of the classroom buildings on the base, officials said. Officers with the Escambia County Sheriff's Office arrived on the scene and fatally shot the suspect after exchanging gunfire.

Three people, including the shooter, were pronounced dead on scene, police said.

Eight people were injured in the shooting and were transported to Baptist Hospital, a hospital spokesperson told ABC News. One of those transferred to the hospital later died from injuries, police said.

Two officers were among those wounded in the shooting. One officer was shot in the leg and is currently in surgery and the other officer was shot in the arm and is undergoing care at the hospital. They are both expected to survive.

"Walking through the crime scene was like being on the set of a movie," Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan told reporters, adding "The threat has been negated, our community is secured at this time."

"Base security and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service are currently investigating. The names of the victims will not be released until the next of kin have been notified," the Navy said in a statement.

Officials did not release any details about the shooter.

The ATF and FBI will assist local authorities in the investigation. The U.S. Attorney's Office is also involved.

The base is shut down until further notice and all personnel currently on the base will taken off the facility in an orderly fashion, said Captain Timothy Kinsella, commanding officer at NAS Pensacola.

NAS Pensacola employs more than 16,000 military and 7,400 civilian personnel, according to the base's website. The facility includes the Naval Aviation Schools Command, Naval Air Technical Training Center, Marine Aviation Training Support Group 21 and 23, the Blue Angels, and the headquarters for Naval Education Training Command.

This is the second shooting incident on a Navy base in the last week.

A 22-year-old active-duty sailor opened fire on three civilian employees, killing two, before he fatally shot himself at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard near Honolulu on Wednesday, military officials said.

The suspected shooter opened fire on shipyard personnel with his M4 service rifle and then used his M9 service pistol to shoot himself, officials said.

BREAKING: Pensacola mass shooter identified as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, a member of the Saudi Arabian military who was in the U.S. for aviation training

The gunman who killed at least three people and wounded seven others before being killed by deputies in a Friday morning shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola has been identified as a Saudi national and member of the Saudi Arabian military who was in the U.S. for aviation training. His name is Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, according to NBC News. The shooting is being investigated as a possible terror attack.

The assailant opened fire in a classroom building killing at least three and wounding seven others.

Two deputies engaged and dispatched the shooter, both of them sustaining gunshot wounds during the shootout, according to David Morgan, Escambia County Sheriff. One was shot in the knee and the other in the shoulder; both are expected to make a full recovery.

https://disrn.com/news/nas-pensacola-shooter-identified-as-saudi-aviation-student-possible-terror-motive-being-probed

22 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

"Some people did something"

Reminds me of how the night of the London Bridge stabbings the UK media reported that the murderer had previously been jailed with his jihad buddies for a plot to blow up the London stock market.  The next morning I was watching an ABC 'News' report from the scene where the 'reporter' stated that "Motive has not been determined" and went out of his way to not name the killer or mention his previous jailing.  Pathetic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The CO of NAS P-Cola is a classmate of mine from USNA.  I can't imagine what he has been going through today.  

I was glad that I was a Primary Instructor Pilot down in Corpus Christi as we didn't train any of the foreign nationals.  That was all done in the P-Cola area.  

Well we trained a few here in Austin, except not as pilots.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/06/us/nas-pensacola-shooting.html#link-41477835

Six other Saudi nationals were detained for questioning near the scene of the shooting, including three who were seen filming the entire incident, according to a person briefed on the initial stages of the investigation.

It was not known whether the six Saudis detained were students in the classroom building, and there was no immediate indication that those filming the incident were connected to the gunman, the person said.

5 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

The CO of NAS P-Cola is a classmate of mine from USNA.  I can't imagine what he has been going through today.  

I was glad that I was a Primary Instructor Pilot down in Corpus Christi as we didn't train any of the foreign nationals.  That was all done in the P-Cola area.  

Tell him they need to change the base acronym to PNAS. It is in Florida after all. 

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/06/us/nas-pensacola-shooting.html#link-41477835

Six other Saudi nationals were detained for questioning near the scene of the shooting, including three who were seen filming the entire incident, according to a person briefed on the initial stages of the investigation.

It was not known whether the six Saudis detained were students in the classroom building, and there was no immediate indication that those filming the incident were connected to the gunman, the person said.

This seems totally fucked. 

Miami (AFP) - A Saudi military student reportedly condemned America as a "nation of evil" in an online manifesto prior to opening fire Friday at a US naval base, killing three people before being shot dead by police.

The shooting, which took place in a classroom building at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida, left eight others wounded, including two sheriff's deputies who responded to the attack.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said the shooter was from Saudi Arabia -- the same nationality as 15 of the 19 men involved in the 9/11 attacks, some of whom attended civilian flight school in Florida.

The SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors jihadist media, identified him as Mohammed al-Shamrani, saying he had posted a short manifesto on Twitter that read: "I'm against evil, and America as a whole has turned into a nation of evil."

"I'm not against you for just being American, I don't hate you because your freedoms, I hate you because every day you supporting, funding and committing crimes not only against Muslims but also humanity," he wrote.

ABC News reported that investigators were working to determine if it was in fact written by the shooter.

The Twitter account that posted the manifesto -- which also condemned US support for Israel and included a quote from Al-Qaeda's deceased leader, the Saudi Osama bin Laden -- has been suspended.

DeSantis told a news conference that "the government of Saudi Arabia needs to make things better for these victims. And I think they are going to owe a debt here given that this is one of their individuals."

Commanding officer Captain Timothy Kinsella said the shooter was an aviation trainee, one of "a couple hundred" foreign students at the base.

Six Saudis were detained following the shooting, including three who were seen filming the entire attack, The New York Times reported, citing a person briefed on the initial investigation.

The gunman was armed with a Glock 9mm handgun that had been purchased locally, the Times reported. It had an extended magazine and the shooter had four to six other magazines in his possession.

https://news.yahoo.com/three-killed-shooter-dead-us-navy-attack-170619246.html

Pensacola Air Base Shooter Screened Mass Shooting Videos at Dinner Party Before Attack: Official

A Saudi aviation student who killed three people in a mass shooting on a Pensacola, Florida, naval base on Friday hosted a party where he showed videos of mass shootings earlier in the week, the Associated Press reported.

Although initial reports indicated that the shooter was believed to have acted alone, a U.S. official told the AP that he screened the violent videos at a dinner party, and that another Saudi student is believed to have been recording during the shooting.

Three other students attended the party hosted by Alshamrani, who is a member of Saudi Arabia’s Air Force, the week of the attack, according to the U.S. official who cited a briefing by federal investigators. One of those three attendees filmed the shooting from outside the building, the AP reported. Two other students reportedly watched the shooting from a nearby car.

Ten of Alshamrani’s fellow Saudi students are being held at the base, while others reportedly remained unaccounted for early Saturday afternoon.

Edited by clapclapclap

27 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at the Florida governor comment. I guess the US government owes something to all the victims of mass shootings done by Americans here by that logic.

These particular Saudis were allowed to train with US military and how do they repay that gratitude? I may not agree with all of that governor's politics, but he's damn right that the Saudis need to make this situation right. 

14 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

These particular Saudis were allowed to train with US military and how do they repay that gratitude? I may not agree with all of that governor's politics, but he's damn right that the Saudis need to make this situation right. 

I just don’t get how the Saudi government owes the victims anything, unless they specifically ordered their soldiers to do this. Try not being so emotional and look at things rationally.

55 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I just don’t get how the Saudi government owes the victims anything, unless they specifically ordered their soldiers to do this. Try not being so emotional and look at things rationally.

It's 'murica.  Someone dies, someone's gotta pay.

Saudi supporters needs Saudi Arabia to do something so it reduces the pressure. My guess is that there will be a cash payout, and increased and continued psychological checks on the saudis over here. I doubt we hear any politicians suggest that we ban Saudi military personnel from training here.  Most likely contributions to politicians will occur as well.

edit: I want to see what happens with the other Saudi personnel that knew this was going to happen. My guess is that Saudi wants them back now and will apply pressure. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Remember the $7 Billion paid out by the federal government to the 9/11 victims (most of whom were already well insured)?

The families of the 3,000 dead were paid an average of $2,000,000 each, going up to $10,000,000.

injury claims paid out ranged from $500 up to $8,000,000.

Edited by Armybrat

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Remember the $7 Billion paid out by the federal government to the 9/11 victims (most of whom were already well insured)?

The families of the 3,000 dead were paid an average of $2,000,000 each, going up to $10,000,000.

injury claims paid out ranged from $500 up to $8,000,000.

wasn’t that done to protect the airline industry from lawsuits? 

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

The US military routinely hands out cash payments when their soldiers kill innocents. The Saudi government should do the same here. 

Edited by 3adays

5 minutes ago, 3adays said:

The US military routinely hands out cash payments when their soldiers kill innocents. The Saudi government should do the same here. 

I’d prefer that we force MBS to pony up a cleric or close family member, and have his staff cut them up with a bone saw live on Al Jazeera.  While wearing MAGA hats.  Just to exemplify what we’re dealing with here.  

17 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Since when has Saudi Arabia ever been the one who paid?  Trump will kneel before MBS and Desantis will get in line and officially apologize. Either an uninvolved third country or American Muslims will pay instead.  

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, UDontKnow said:

What are the Saudis gonna do, give the families shares of ARAMCO?  

• Like 1