National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

UpperWestside

2 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

My favorite scene in the movie is unspoken. 
Clark and Eddie are grocery shopping, it’s implied that Clark’s probably picking up the tab. Eddie puts a couple bags of dog food in the cart, a few feet down the aisle Clark puts a box of light bulbs on top of the dog food. Another few feet and Eddie throws another bag of dog food on top, completely smashing the light bulbs. Clark doesn’t say a word. 

Yeah, love the little subtleties you find in movies and this is one of them.  

20 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Grace? She passed away 30 years ago.

They want you to say Grace. (pause) The BLESS-ing!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it stands (Eddie stands up), one nation under God, with liberty and justice for all.

Amen. Amen.

The BLESS-ing may be one of my favorite lines of any movie ever.

12 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

My favorite scene in the movie is unspoken. 
Clark and Eddie are grocery shopping, it’s implied that Clark’s probably picking up the tab. Eddie puts a couple bags of dog food in the cart, a few feet down the aisle Clark puts a box of light bulbs on top of the dog food. Another few feet and Eddie throws another bag of dog food on top, completely smashing the light bulbs. Clark doesn’t say a word. 

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The best part of the wal mart scene with the light bulbs is that Eddie is buying two vastly different kinds of dog food even though they only have one dog.  Ol Roy is what Eddie eats, or feeds his kids.  

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

The best part of the wal mart scene with the light bulbs is that Eddie is buying two vastly different kinds of dog food even though they only have one dog.  Ol Roy is what Eddie eats, or feeds his kids.  

That's a pretty fucking dark place you went there. Feeding children dog food. 

I just always assumed he knew Clark was paying so he took full advantage to stock up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used "why don't you bend over and I'll show ya?" in response to the cliched question/joke of "how'd you make such pretty kids?"  Right in the middle of the office.  Cackles could be heard for miles.

Yeah, this was several years ago, the girl was a really good friend, and it was a pretty casual work environment.

3 hours ago, threesheets said:

I used "why don't you bend over and I'll show ya?" in response to the cliched question/joke of "how'd you make such pretty kids?"  Right in the middle of the office.  Cackles could be heard for miles.

Yeah, this was several years ago, the girl was a really good friend, and it was a pretty casual work environment.

99% of the time that would earn you a sit-down with HR today.  Minimum.

The other 1% will get you laid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I was hanging out with my girlfriend's family on Saturday and I told her sister about this movie. She is young enough to have not heard much about this movie. My girlfriend SA d she would not like it, bit I showed her some clips and she loved it so we are watching it on Christmas Eve. My "You Serious Clark?" shirt has come in and I think I'll wear that tomorrow.

I have an Official Jelly of the month Club Member shirt as well.  I got three sweaters for this year and the years to come. I am trying to get my job to let me wear one on Christmas. I personally would wear the one with Randy Quaid on the front in his bathrobe that says "Merry Christmas! Shitter's full!" if they will let me on Christmas Day. 

Edited by UpperWestside