2020 Little League Thread of Dominance

pepper brooks

23 minutes ago, torre said:

Play Nebraska Wed, 2PM.     Need you back @ztejas you're good luck.   

I'll probably tune in. That 2nd pitcher did his best to blow it. 1st kid was awesome and the 3rd kid put them away without any drama. 

Coaching LL must be amazingly hard. I feel like you have no idea what you're going to get out of any of your pitchers on any given day.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Kid from south dakota throwing heat and curves. He has been untouchable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

SD LHP Gavin Weir just pitched his fourth no hitter of this summer’s tournament (state and LLWS).

He’s faced 132 batters, given up ONE hit to go with 115 Ks in 43.2 innings … UFB

Really hope he doesn't burn out his arm before he gets a shot but he unfortunately seems well on his way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Ha ok seems a bit unfair to the last remaining team from the undefeated bracket.

Yeah but these kids play so many games already. I think they are trying to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Isn't this the format that the CWS used to use?

Just now, ztejas said:

Yeah but these kids play so many games already. I think they are trying to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Isn't this the format that the CWS used to use?

The CWS used to be pure double elimination until 1989 when CBS switched it to a winner take all championship game which we promptly lost to Wichita State who had 1 loss already.  It remained that way until 2002 when we became the last team to win the winner take all championship game before it went to the present format of double elimination on each side of the bracket and then a double elimination championship series after.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The CWS used to be pure double elimination until 1989 when CBS switched it to a winner take all championship game which we promptly lost to Wichita State who had 1 loss already.  It remained that way until 2002 when we became the last team to win the winner take all championship game before it went to the present format of double elimination on each side of the bracket and then a double elimination championship series after.

Ah so not quite. Thanks for the info.

Can't tell the story of college baseball without Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watched a little of the South Dakota/Ohio game before husband switched to football. Ohio had a good second inning, scoring four runs, loading the bases off of a very well hit bunt. They were leading 4-0 when he switched, but lots of innings left and LL has unexpected outcomes. I may toggle during the commercial breaks and see if SD gets control of themselves--they got a little rattled during the Ohio runs.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Final Michigan over Hawaii 2-1

Michigan -vs- Ohio for the LLWS title 

Michigan defeated Ohio 9-1 in the Great Lakes Regional.     Ohio made the LLWS as runnerup.    Should be a great game.

• Like 1