2020 Little League Thread of Dominance

pepper brooks

Just now, Huckleberry said:

My man, I will be rooting for you with everything I've got. My Western Hills team got knocked out by Washington County at section our 13-year-old season.

Thanks brother. We have a good top 2/3 of a team but the bottom third is hit or miss. This rain has been a mess, we had good bullpens etc and kids all ready for Monday night, then rains came and we have had to adjust/"re-tune" a little bit for tonight. Just hope we get this game in.

They have some good teams in Washington County as this is all they do.

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Thanks brother. We have a good top 2/3 of a team but the bottom third is hit or miss. This rain has been a mess, we had good bullpens etc and kids all ready for Monday night, then rains came and we have had to adjust/"re-tune" a little bit for tonight. Just hope we get this game in.

They have some good teams in Washington County as this is all they do.

good luck!

Well my little league's problems just never seem to go away.  Backstory...We are an independent league that had 26 teams this year ages 4-12, so a pretty small league.  There used to be about 40 teams in the league but the people in charge let it get rundown a lot.  I took over the league last season and then Covid hit so we had to cancel the season.  This year went well though!  When I took over the league bank account was all zeroes, not a penny to our name.  The past president of the league had used the money for his travel ball team instead of the league.  Haven't heard from the guy since I took over which is good because he's obviously an asshole. 

Well got a call from his wife this week demanding that the league reimburse them for expenses they paid out of pocket for the league.  She wants $11,900 and gave me a list of what all it is.  Best I can tell it all seems like legit expenses for the league except half of it was bullshit to begin with.  This includes 2 LED boards for the concession stand that hadn't been used in 5 years until this year and no place to put them on the concession stand anyway, $1,500.  Another $1,500 for a sandbox that they put in which everyone hates but I've been told their smallest kid played in all of the time.  And more random shit that adds up to half of that $12k that was unnecessary for the league.

I do have $16k in the bank now for the league but am in desperate need of a new riding lawn mower and new dugouts on all fields this offseason.  Sorry for the rant I'm just pissed and don't really know how to handle it yet.

Does she have it in writing from back then that the league would reimburse their expenses, complete with contemporaneous confirmation from other league officers besides them? If not then thank them for their donations.

Assuming you don't want to say that their reimbursement is the lack of a lawsuit about the embezzlement.

Edited by Huckleberry

Got the W last night vs Washington County. Ended up winning 6-1. Was a great game across the board and since they moved them game to Brenham a definite home field advantage for Wash Co. There was a sea of green for sure there.

Have today off to hang out by the pool and relax and then the team plays the winner of Lufkin/CS tomorrow.

The kids were so pumped, was really cool to see. Wash Co has a pretty solid team, our kids just played error free baseball and came through in clutch moments with some strong play.

Got luck to all of you still playing across the state!

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Does she have it in writing from back then that the league would reimburse their expenses, complete with contemporaneous confirmation from other league officers besides them? If not then thank them for their donations.

Assuming you don't want to say that their reimbursement is the lack of a lawsuit about the embezzlement.

The big problem is that it's all a bunch of toeing the grey line bullshit.  They claim the travel team was the league all star team despite the fact that that teams played in the league as a full team and just kicked everyone's ass, no kids from other teams ever played on the travel team.  There were no other board members for the league at the time.  I have never seen the articles of incorporation for the league so I do not know what the written reimbursement policy was at the time.  I also somehow forgot in my rant that the past President recently had a stroke, which is why they are in money trouble and demanding this now.

Well that certainly sucks for them but realistically there's no reason that the league should pay for their medical expenses which seems like what they're looking for. If they were the only board members at the time then they should have gotten reimbursed then.

I've frequently purchased things for the recreational swim team I'm on the board of that are reimbursable but didn't get reimbursed. There's no way the team should reimburse me if 2 years from now I run into financial trouble and then submit those expenses. I bought that stuff for the team, the end.

https://www.missionbox.com/article/191/best-practices-for-expense-reimbursement

Why should nonprofits use accountable plans for reimbursing expenses?

Reimbursements made under an “accountable plan” as defined by the IRS allow you to reimburse your employees or volunteers for their business-related expenses without including the expenses in their compensation, which might be subject to payroll taxes. In addition, employees or volunteers won't have to report the payments with their taxable income.

To qualify as an accountable plan:

• Expenses must be related to your nonprofit
  • The employee or volunteer must account for the expenses within 60 days of incurring the expense
  • The employee or volunteer must return any excess reimbursement no more than 120 days after receipt

These rules are aimed at preventing organizations from misclassifying payments to employees and volunteers as reimbursements if they’re actually compensation.

https://www.fylehq.com/blog/nonprofit-expense-reimbursement-policy-guideline

Creating a nonprofit reimbursement policy per IRS guidelines

The IRS has a simple set of guidelines for your nonprofit's nontaxable reimbursements. The easiest way to follow these guidelines is to create an accountable plan.

• Reimbursements under an accountable plan, don't have to be reported under payroll taxes. 
  • For filing of reimbursement expenses under an accountable plan, they have to meet the following criteria as per IRS guidelines:
  • The form should contain thorough documentation of all business expenses with invoices and receipts.
  • Employees and volunteers must seek reimbursement for expenses within a reasonable period (120 days.)
  • Employees and volunteers must return any unspent money within 60 days. This applies if your organization provides cash advances for employees.

So we need an expert in here. It looks to me like you could get your league in trouble if you reimburse them because it's well past the reasonable period defined by the IRS.

Edited by Huckleberry

I think you're smart to find someone or something other than you to validate the lack of a reimbursement.  That could be the articles of incorporation or the statute that @Huckleberry referenced.  Make sure this is "them vs the league" not "them vs YOU".  

To lighten the blow on them financially, can you issue them an 80G certificate so they can at least write off the "donation"?

18 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

due to weather concerns our games have been moved up to 4:00 tomorrow.  

Yep, their big #9 looks like a beast on the mound. To be honest I expected to see more of that at this tournament and for at least half the teams at district to have one guy who throws that hard (maybe not as polished with off speed and accuracy). But there's been nobody at any tournament I watched any of until now. And two of the teams at this state tournament haven't had anyone even approaching their guy or most of yours.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Damn what a performance by #9. Y'all should win the if necessary game but that guy is a stud.

Yep. He’s a stud. We have 2 guys similar. #4 who pitched against them on Monday and our own #9 who closed game 2 tonight. Our 9’is a dominate starter but coach made him a closer for this. He also the kid who took Mendoza off the cf wall in game 1. 

17-0 in the if necessary winner take all championship.  Shame this LLA cancelled everything beyond state for all groups over 12 due to "covid".  We have been playing baseball tournaments since May 2020 with zero covid spreader occurences to my knowledge.  They could have at least held the tournament for US team only, and made it a US championship world series.  We probably would have made it to the WS, and probably gotten smoked by Hawaii like happens every year.  

17 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

he also called a strike on a pitch out in our first game.  seriously.  it happened.  

14 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

17-0 in the if necessary winner take all championship.  Shame this LLA cancelled everything beyond state for all groups over 12 due to "covid".  We have been playing baseball tournaments since May 2020 with zero covid spreader occurences to my knowledge.  They could have at least held the tournament for US team only, and made it a US championship world series.  We probably would have made it to the WS, and probably gotten smoked by Hawaii like happens every year.  

Yeah the umpiring is just really inconsistent in Little League, obviously. There were some really bad ones at our tournament but two of them were outstanding. One of them we had behind the plate for two of our four games and he was so much better than the rest. The other we had on the bases twice and she was in control and outstanding. They were always in position.

Also completely agree on advancing past state this season. What you say above is exactly what they're doing for 12-year-old baseball and softball. I don't see why they couldn't do that for other age groups. I assume they didn't feel like they were in enough control over the other locations or whatever.

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Not my son's team but the WHLL 12U team beat Lufkin last night with a walk off 2 run HR.

Crazy, crazy finish.

Our second game has pushed to Saturday due to all of this rain. So annoying.

Yeah, saw they lost to Washington County. Now need to beat them two in a row to advance to state.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah the umpiring is just really inconsistent in Little League, obviously. There were some really bad ones at our tournament but two of them were outstanding. One of them we had behind the plate for two of our four games and he was so much better than the rest. The other we had on the bases twice and she was in control and outstanding. They were always in position.

Also completely agree on advancing past state this season. What you say above is exactly what they're doing for 12-year-old baseball and softball. I don't see why they couldn't do that for other age groups. I assume they didn't feel like they were in enough control over the other locations or whatever.

Yeah, saw they lost to Washington County. Now need to beat them two in a row to advance to state.

Yep They have not had a lot of offense. They have had games where they scored, 2,1 and then last night 4 runs. Defense has been stout as the most runs they've allowed is 3 but they have been walking a tight wire the whole sectionals tournament.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:39 AM, txhorns said:

Well my little league's problems just never seem to go away.  Backstory...We are an independent league that had 26 teams this year ages 4-12, so a pretty small league.  There used to be about 40 teams in the league but the people in charge let it get rundown a lot.  I took over the league last season and then Covid hit so we had to cancel the season.  This year went well though!  When I took over the league bank account was all zeroes, not a penny to our name.  The past president of the league had used the money for his travel ball team instead of the league.  Haven't heard from the guy since I took over which is good because he's obviously an asshole. 

Well got a call from his wife this week demanding that the league reimburse them for expenses they paid out of pocket for the league.  She wants $11,900 and gave me a list of what all it is.  Best I can tell it all seems like legit expenses for the league except half of it was bullshit to begin with.  This includes 2 LED boards for the concession stand that hadn't been used in 5 years until this year and no place to put them on the concession stand anyway, $1,500.  Another $1,500 for a sandbox that they put in which everyone hates but I've been told their smallest kid played in all of the time.  And more random shit that adds up to half of that $12k that was unnecessary for the league.

I do have $16k in the bank now for the league but am in desperate need of a new riding lawn mower and new dugouts on all fields this offseason.  Sorry for the rant I'm just pissed and don't really know how to handle it yet.

On 7/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, Spaulding Smails said:

I think you're smart to find someone or something other than you to validate the lack of a reimbursement.  That could be the articles of incorporation or the statute that @Huckleberry referenced.  Make sure this is "them vs the league" not "them vs YOU".  

To lighten the blow on them financially, can you issue them an 80G certificate so they can at least write off the "donation"?

Various ways to handle this. A couple of ideas.  

Check the tax return, bylaws/op agreement, to see if they are cash or accrual basis.  It should be accrual but If cash you don't have a matching principle to be concerned with and can pay them, even now, at any time without issue.  That said you shouldn't pay without invoices/receipts of all items purchased, a list should not suffice as that is not proof that the supplier/trade was ever paid (future claim). I would then confirm these weren't already paid but i assume that will be hard to do since the guy probably didn't keep reconciled accounting. 

If accrual they should have accounted for the expense during the period incurred.  You can tell them that their not expensing these items at the time did not follow the rules and presents a problem for the league.  One there was a lack of reporting and transparency and if some things were not reported it puts into question all transactions that were not recorded.  Therefore, an entire review of the accounting should take place.  Furthermore if the claimed expenses are found to be valid the league, technically, if possible would have to pay to make adjusting entries to the accounting, back to the date of the expense, and then may have to make amended tax filings for each year since that time.   In other words, what you are asking for folks is a big pain in the ass and may cost the league more to fix the problem than your problem.  Or send them the difference of what they paid and the accountants bill.  Speaking of which i'm charging you 10k for the consulting above.  Where do i send the bill?

In the end I'd make a small donation to the family on behalf of the league for his service and be done with it.  This way your not heartless but doesn't reward his lack of accountability.    

Or return all the shit they donated.  

Edited by RollLeft

Question for you guys with older boys. My son is 7 and played 8U last year. Trying to figure what to do in the fall. Rec fall ball or tryout for a couple select teams and see how that goes. Lefty, solid hitter. He was one of my top hitters on our AllStar team this summer. His throwing and fielding leaves a little to be desired. He played pitcher during season/all star and made some great plays. He also made some terrible plays. He’s strong in the outfield, just needs to work on judging fly balls. He’s smart on the field, but he is not going to be the best player on the field. He told me he wants to play 1st base. We had a discussion about being able to catch anything thrown at him. We are working on it, but has a ways to go.

Are we going to be late to the party if we stay in rec league and try to join somewhere either in the spring or next fall?

My bullshit meter is on high alert whenever a wife calls about something like that. Just saying...

On 7/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, txhorns said:

The big problem is that it's all a bunch of toeing the grey line bullshit.  They claim the travel team was the league all star team despite the fact that that teams played in the league as a full team and just kicked everyone's ass, no kids from other teams ever played on the travel team.  There were no other board members for the league at the time.  I have never seen the articles of incorporation for the league so I do not know what the written reimbursement policy was at the time.  I also somehow forgot in my rant that the past President recently had a stroke, which is why they are in money trouble and demanding this now.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Helobious said:

How are the 2 Texas teams this year from Abilene & Needville? Lufkin 2017 situations or is it just a down year? 

Just about to post the same.

Road to Williamsport (19-29 Aug) begins today in Waco.    All games on LHN.   Texas is represented by Abilene (West) and Needville (East).

Would like to hear from the regulars here about the effect of Select on regular LL.   Seems to have increased.   Unusual to see some of the regulars missing like Post Oak, Pearland and McAllister Park.

https://www.littleleague.org/world-series/2021/llbws/tournaments/southwest-region/

Not sure how to compare this team against teams from other years, but Needville has been growing quite a bit over the last decade. They sent 3 boys teams (10U, 12U, & Junior League) to the Texas East tournaments this year, so it looks like it might be a combination of a growing talent pool and solid coaching/league oversight.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 1

Needville beat Pearland East (Post Oak lost to Pearland East 2-1 in 8 innings for the section championship) for the state title, they could just be a really good team.

McAllister Park didn't even get out of their district so that league might be weakening.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

Needville defeats Arkansas, 13-0.     Looked good,  can see how they beat Pearland.

Lafayette defeats Abilene, 6-1.     Looks like the team to beat.   Well coached, confident.    Game Sat against Needville should be a good one.

Abilene better than they played.   Lafayette batter HBP (head) in 2nd inn,  taken to hospital, seemed ok,  walking, but it affected Abilene more than Lafayette.   Abilene pitcher was crying,  should have been replaced,  gave up runs on walks that inning then replaced.   Abilene players seemed to be affected for rest of game.

Edited by torre

3 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Needville is being sent home for a positive Covid test. No second test was done to confirm accuracy. Tough blow for those kids.

Hope the city of Needville honors them with a parade, picnic, celebration in recognition of being the Texas East Champions.

Damnit, such a good team. We played against them in the Fall (The Unit Black) they kicked our ass. From what I saw they had a chance to win it all.

I heard one of the coaches tested positive. He supposedly got a 2nd test that was negative. That would suck if it was a false positive. 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:23 PM, kmac30 said:

Question for you guys with older boys. My son is 7 and played 8U last year. Trying to figure what to do in the fall. Rec fall ball or tryout for a couple select teams and see how that goes. Lefty, solid hitter. He was one of my top hitters on our AllStar team this summer. His throwing and fielding leaves a little to be desired. He played pitcher during season/all star and made some great plays. He also made some terrible plays. He’s strong in the outfield, just needs to work on judging fly balls. He’s smart on the field, but he is not going to be the best player on the field. He told me he wants to play 1st base. We had a discussion about being able to catch anything thrown at him. We are working on it, but has a ways to go.

Are we going to be late to the party if we stay in rec league and try to join somewhere either in the spring or next fall?

Late for the party at 7 years old? lulz

No.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:53 PM, torre said:

Would like to hear from the regulars here about the effect of Select on regular LL.   Seems to have increased.   Unusual to see some of the regulars missing like Post Oak, Pearland and McAllister Park.

https://www.littleleague.org/world-series/2021/llbws/tournaments/southwest-region/

Overall, Select baseball has been detrimental to Little League and recreational youth baseball in general. It's been terrible for the sport of baseball as it diminishes recreational ball and potentially turns off a lot of future would be baseball fans.

With that said, ever since Little League modified the rules to allow for participation in both Little League and Select the All Star competition has greatly improved because it was looking pretty bad for awhile. Still, it's been pretty bad with Select kids playing the bare minimum in LL in order to qualify for All Stars.

Keep in mind that Select originated as All Stars and it was only recently that some of the best youth players in a particular district returned back to Little League after leaving for Select for a period of time. My oldest opted out of Little League because you couldn't play both when he was 12 years old. His younger brothers both played LL and Select for the sake of All Stars once the rules changed.

On 8/5/2021 at 4:01 PM, Huckleberry said:

Needville beat Pearland East (Post Oak lost to Pearland East 2-1 in 8 innings for the section championship) for the state title, they could just be a really good team.

McAllister Park didn't even get out of their district so that league might be weakening.

McAllister Park misses some runs every now and then.  Northside Little League won the district championship and lost in the Texas West state championship game. Most of that team previously won the state tournament at 9-10 in 2019. It's a pretty solid district that has sent a team to the Southwest Regional tournament a few years ago. Their girls Softball team won the Little League World Series about 8 or 9 years ago. They would probably achieve a lot more if they were not in the same district as McAllister Park.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, F250 said:

With that said, ever since Little League modified the rules to allow for participation in both Little League and Select the All Star competition has greatly improved because it was looking pretty bad for awhile. Still, it's been pretty bad with Select kids playing the bare minimum in LL in order to qualify for All Stars.

Keep in mind that Select originated as All Stars and it was only recently that some of the best youth players in a particular district returned back to Little League after leaving for Select for a period of time. My oldest opted out of Little League because you couldn't play both when he was 12 years old. His younger brothers both played LL and Select for the sake of All Stars once the rules changed.

McAllister Park misses some runs every now and then.  Northside Little League won the district championship and lost in the Texas West state championship game. Most of that team previously won the state tournament at 9-10 in 2019. It's a pretty solid district that has sent a team to the Southwest Regional tournament a few years ago. Their girls Softball team won the Little League World Series about 8 or 9 years ago. They would probably achieve a lot more if they were not in the same district as McAllister Park.

Thanks for the informative post.

-  Would it be fair to say that parents prefer their child to focus on one and not play both Select and LL ?    Possibly leading to less talent in LL.

-   Do you know what area composes Northside LL ?    iirc,  the Northside softball team was from the Helotes area.

48 minutes ago, torre said:

-  Would it be fair to say that parents prefer their child to focus on one and not play both Select and LL ?    Possibly leading to less talent in LL.

-   Do you know what area composes Northside LL ?    iirc,  the Northside softball team was from the Helotes area.

Northside LL sends most of their kids to O’Connor & Brandeis (Brennan to a lesser extent), McAllister sends most of theirs to Reagan & Churchill (johnson to a lesser extent). No coincidence that those are usually the strongest high school teams in SA proper. When Reagan & Churchill met up for the 6A regional final a couple years ago they had something like 25 former McAllister all stars between them. But I heard Johnson has a couple soon to be freshmen this year that are supposed to be legit studs, both former McAllister all stars. 2 black kids actually. Early round draft caliber according to my buddy who still has Sliders connections. Not sure how you tell that about a 14-15 year old but whatever. One of them apparently a stud QB as well. So maybe Johnson will take Churchill’s spot as a destination for McAllister kids.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, torre said:

Yes, most prefer one and not the other because the time commitment is insane. When LL came out with minimum required games played to qualify for All Stars it allowed for players to skip LL games during the regular season but it's still a time suck.

There has been a big talent drain in Little League over the years but I don't really think it occurs at the upper level. Ever since Little League allowed for Select players there has been a big increase in talent with the teams that make it to the Regionals and LLWS. It's now pretty common to see teams at Williamsport that are made up of kids that play at the Majors level in Select and some teams lucky enough to have a bunch of kids from a single Majors Select team in the same district. That wasn't the case prior to the rule changes.

A few years ago there was a team in the LLWS from Las Vegas that was stacked with players from a 12U Majors team that my kid played against at a Triple Crown tournament in Arizona. That was a very talented Select team and a good portion of the LL team was made up of the same players.

Prior to the rule change I would rate a lot of those LLWS teams were about the equivalent of a mediocre AAA team in Select.

So the talent has increased in All Stars because teams are using ringers. However the middle of the pack level of talent has vanished from Little League due to the proliferation of AA and weaker AAA Select baseball teams. There are a lot of kids playing in Select that would be good in Little League but in reality just are not good enough to be in Select.

The movement of middle tier talent has been the most harmful to Little League and recreational youth baseball. Talent drain plus the fact that it's creating a barrier to entry for families of lesser means is bad for the sport of baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Northside LL sends most of their kids to O’Connor & Brandeis (Brennan to a lesser extent), McAllister sends most of theirs to Reagan & Churchill (johnson to a lesser extent). No coincidence that those are usually the strongest high school teams in SA proper. When Reagan & Churchill met up for the 6A regional final a couple years ago they had something like 25 former McAllister all stars between them. But I heard Johnson has a couple soon to be freshmen this year that are supposed to be legit studs, both former McAllister all stars. 2 black kids actually. Early round draft caliber according to my buddy who still has Sliders connections. Not sure how you tell that about a 14-15 year old but whatever. One of them apparently a stud QB as well. So maybe Johnson will take Churchill’s spot as a destination for McAllister kids.

Capitol Park LL is the feeder for Johnson and Madison. There are occasionally allowances made by McAllister Park for some kids to transfer over due to some kind of "hardship".

Capitol Park used to and still might be a training ground for Madison.
They put a lot of effort into their Juinor and Senior leagues by loading them with future Madison players. There is an understanding between the league and High School.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Capitol Park LL is the feeder for Johnson and Madison. There are occasionally allowances made by McAllister Park for some kids to transfer over due to some kind of "hardship".

Capitol Park used to and still might be a training ground for Madison.
They put a lot of effort into their Juinor and Senior leagues by loading them with future Madison players. There is an understanding between the league and High School.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1yk-kbjo8SJAJStEc1zQe3RrG9lA&ll=29.54695990226528%2C-98.62827703830244&z=11

I’d say McAllister park’s zone covers a good 85% of the Johnson attendance area. Capitol cement does get Bulverde village, bulverde creek, and fox grove though. I passed by the CC LL fields a couple years ago, they looked super worn down. It’s in an ugly part of town too. Hopefully the fields have been kept up.
Madison has been terrible at baseball for a while but in recent years they’ve been more competitive for sure.

I also had Northside LL confused with Greater Helotes. GH is the one with O’Connor/Brandeis/Brennan kids. Northside is largely Clark/Brandeis. Surprising since Clark isn’t very strong at baseball. 

And JFC at greater helotes’ zone. That’s just an endless sea of houses & kids to choose from.

Edited by Helobious

OK, I gotta brag on my 15 yr old son because this was so awesome. Last week in GA at PG WWBA National Championships which is the biggest collection of the most badass 300 teams in the country he did something super special. Last game of pool play. Tied 2-2 w/ 2 outs in the 4th. Win you're in bracket play lose you're not. He jacks a 3R bomb over the fucking scoreboard with a wood bat. 330' down the line and 400' to center. This ball was touched I'd guess 370'. Not bad for a 15 yr old freshman. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1yk-kbjo8SJAJStEc1zQe3RrG9lA&ll=29.54695990226528%2C-98.62827703830244&z=11

I’d say McAllister park’s zone covers a good 85% of the Johnson attendance area. Capitol cement does get Bulverde village, bulverde creek, and fox grove though. I passed by the CC LL fields a couple years ago, they looked super worn down. It’s in an ugly part of town too. Hopefully the fields have been kept up.
Madison has been terrible at baseball for a while but in recent years they’ve been more competitive for sure.

I also had Northside LL confused with Greater Helotes. GH is the one with O’Connor/Brandeis/Brennan kids. Northside is largely Clark/Brandeis. Surprising since Clark isn’t very strong at baseball. 

And JFC at greater helotes’ zone. That’s just an endless sea of houses & kids to choose from.

Capitol Park is a red headed step child. They pull in all those neighborhoods off Bulverde road which is a fuck ton of neighborhoods. Seriously, never drive down that road during traffic hour. Last I heard Capitol Cement was kicking the Little League off the property and CPLL was in the process of finding a new home.

Madison is not good at baseball. What is interesting is that CPLL dominates at the Senior league and that level feeds Madison but that High School is pretty crappy at baseball.

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

No coincidence that those are usually the strongest high school teams in SA proper. 

SA proper sure, greater San Antonio, not so much. My son's HS team knocked Reagan out of the playoffs and went to the State Tournament.  Lost in the semi-finals to the Texas 6A champion. My other son's team was knocked out of the previous playoffs by that monstrosity Lake Travis who who went on win state a couple of years ago.

32 minutes ago, F250 said:

SA proper sure, greater San Antonio, not so much. My son's HS team knocked Reagan out of the playoffs and went to the State Tournament.  Lost in the semi-finals to the Texas 6A champion. My other son's team was knocked out of the previous playoffs by that monstrosity Lake Travis who who went on win state a couple of years ago.

SV went to the state tourney last year for the first time since 2005. Reagan’s been 3 times since 2014 alone, and Johnson has been once as well. In terms of sustained prowess in the SA world it’s Reagan & everyone else looking up at them.

I did notice that giant OL y’all have committed to A&M. I remember first asking you about him a couple years ago. I’ve never seen him play & don’t know how good he actually is, but I’m still blaming you.

56 minutes ago, Helobious said:

SV went to the state tourney last year for the first time since 2005. Reagan’s been 3 times since 2014 alone, and Johnson has been once as well. In terms of sustained prowess in the SA world it’s Reagan & everyone else looking up at them.

I did notice that giant OL y’all have committed to A&M. I remember first asking you about him a couple years ago. I’ve never seen him play & don’t know how good he actually is, but I’m still blaming you.

lol

Unfortunately the area is pretty die hard aggy. It's been hard to live with but I mange. Colton has been my place a couple times and he went from "I'll go wherever they will take me to Gig'em"

I accept no responsibility for the allure of aggy cult.

11 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

OK, I gotta brag on my 15 yr old son because this was so awesome. Last week in GA at PG WWBA National Championships which is the biggest collection of the most badass 300 teams in the country he did something super special. Last game of pool play. Tied 2-2 w/ 2 outs in the 4th. Win you're in bracket play lose you're not. He jacks a 3R bomb over the fucking scoreboard with a wood bat. 330' down the line and 400' to center. This ball was touched I'd guess 370'. Not bad for a 15 yr old freshman. 

Is that the same Canes baseball that is from North Carolina?