Anyone use a weighted blanket?

Sbbruin

Gave my wife hers last night. About 3am I got up to pee and saw she wasnt using it and I covered myself with it. At 6am she was bitching about me stealing her blanket, I said I wanted to try it and she wasnt using it. I'm finna order one for me, it's pretty cool, not at all what I expected.

This might be exactly what both of us needed.

Had to look it up, here you go:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073451HTY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Interestingly, it's cheaper now than when I bought it. And I stand corrected; I purchased her a 15lb blanket, not a 20.
Oh, weight recommendations.  They are all over the place; my wife weighs 125, and some recommendations say that is too much blanket for her, while other recommendations state that is the correct weight.  I do know this; once you get under it it's a heavy bitch.  I tried it out myself, but didn't care for it.

$25 coupon for that particular size/weight combo right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Few weeks in and weighted blanket has been amazing. I sleep through the night, I dont even have to get up at 3 to pee. Wife loves hers as well.

We have 2 × twin blankets @20 lbs each for our king bed.

Best purchase I've made in a while.

yes for whatever reason that's been a surprisingly nice development for me too.  i used to have to get up every night but since i've started using the blanket it's been a lot less frequent.  

Everyone in the family has a weighted blanket since summer. Wondering how to clean them now; I don’t want to use our washer and break it (these things are 20 lbs with beads of glass in them); how are you guys sanitizing them? Neighborhood washateria (yuck)?

• 2 weeks later...

Bought one for the gf’s bday, last night was the first night we got to try it out. Opened it on the couch, she went to her room to arrange things, I thought I’d break it in on the couch while she took however long. I passed out hard after like ten minutes. went with the twin size cause of whomever recommended two twins up thread (thanks!)

as for cleaning it, the YnM sells a separate duvet, bought it as well since can’t imagine her lugging it up/down the stairs and across the street. It’s soft too so I’ll report back in a couple months to see how it’s held up.

• Fuck You 1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:14 PM, Rougarou said:

Everyone in the family has a weighted blanket since summer. Wondering how to clean them now; I don’t want to use our washer and break it (these things are 20 lbs with beads of glass in them); how are you guys sanitizing them? Neighborhood washateria (yuck)?

mine (the costco one) has a zippered cover that's washable.