Hillary on Howard Stern

Gil Bang

9 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Gotta tell you, I hated her for years.  Had she been more like this in public as she was in that interview, I think a lot more people would've had some positive feelings about her.  She comes across as a lot more real than I ever thought she was.  

Same thing happened with Bob Dole.

10 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Gotta tell you, I hated her for years.  Had she been more like this in public as she was in that interview, I think a lot more people would've had some positive feelings about her.  She comes across as a lot more real than I ever thought she was.  

She's probably perfectly normal in person, but she just does not come off as likable when in her role as a politician. Basically what @Jiggy-Z said. Dole looked like a disaster in public.

Why? Is it really much different than the late night shows at this point? Or SNL? Unfortunately our country gets most of their news from Facebook and 60 second clips on YouTube. They have to embrace it or they’re not going to reach many people. 

Governor Bill Clinton probably shouldn’t have gone on Arsenio Hall but he did. And he played the sax. He took a lot of shit for it. But it helped change his image. 

https://www.ozy.com/2016/bill-clintons-great-sax-appeal/69591/

Going on Stern would be a positive. Lots of listeners in Ohio and Pennsylvania and Florida.  

Edited by Jive Turkey

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Has she changed or have we?

It's weird what 4 years of elementary school level presidenting will do the public

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

A presidential candidate should not appear on Howard Stern

Joe Rogans interviews are very similar to this. He's had lots of the dem field on his show. Sanders, Gabbard, Yang at least. 

• Like 1

I abhor the Cloak Room (yet am fascinated by it) but Howard Stern is the greatest interviewer (inquisitor?) of all time.  He has an inate ability to draw out information from his guests, oftentimes stuff they would never tell anyone else.  I haven’t listened to the HRC but but I will.  King of all Media

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ftf82 said:

He has an inate ability to draw out information from his guests, oftentimes stuff they would never tell anyone else.

He knows how to flatter strategically and tell them what they want to hear to set them up. He repeats something they already believe so they play the game by taking it a step further. You go in thinking he's a lout and idiot so when he seems to be swayed by you you get excited and overextend past your usual defense. It's amazing that it still works like 40 years later.

A good example.

His opening there about her starting with a policy idea and then Bernie one-upping it is straight out of her recent book where she blames everyone else for her historical failure to win an election that was almost impossible to lose.

It makes no sense except to flatter Hillary. No one actually believes that Bernie just waited for her lead on policy (or anything) in the 2015/16 cycle, but it's what his subject wants/needs to hear.

I'm so glad she lost. It's fucking awful that Trump had to be on the winning side and if I could've determined it by my vote alone, I would've selected her in a heartbeat. But fuck... I'm so glad she's never going to be president.

(For you stupid fucks who can't understand basic shit, I would be more glad if Trump wasn't president.)

I imagine that most campaign managers and strategists fear long form interviews. The ever-present candidate book served as that long interview. That book can be scrubbed by a team to stay on message and not go off in a dangerous direction. Talking for 2.5 hours with no control over the questions? Scary for the campaign.

Some candidates also seem to want to project less warmth in a campaign. Act presidential with low emotion or humor.

He knows how to flatter strategically and tell them what they want to hear to set them up. He repeats something they already believe so they play the game by taking it a step further. You go in thinking he's a lout and idiot so when he seems to be swayed by you you get excited and overextend past your usual defense. It's amazing that it still works like 40 years later.
A good example.
His opening there about her starting with a policy idea and then Bernie one-upping it is straight out of her recent book where she blames everyone else for her historical failure to win an election that was almost impossible to lose.
It makes no sense except to flatter Hillary. No one actually believes that Bernie just waited for her lead on policy (or anything) in the 2015/16 cycle, but it's what his subject wants/needs to hear.
I'm so glad she lost. It's fucking awful that Trump had to be on the winning side and if I could've determined it by my vote alone, I would've selected her in a heartbeat. But fuck... I'm so glad she's never going to be president.
(For you stupid fucks who can't understand basic shit, I would be more glad if Trump wasn't president.)

I disagree with so much. Hillary was the victim of a successful multi-decade long smear campaign that worked. So many people don’t like her and even hate her for exactly no reason.

She was a fine candidate, experienced, poised, but she made enemies because she had something so many people were afraid of, guts. She is smart and accomplished. She likely kept her personality hidden and hardened because she grew up in a time when the rules of conduct were more different than today based on gender.

Russians and Facebook took advantage of the smear campaign and shifted the election. If we had a real government we would have stopped this and/nullified the results in favor of a do over. The media trying to play it even was even more asinine. Those idiots got played. They were never going to win over the morons who watch alex jones. Intelligent media does not appeal to rush/fox/oan viewers. Never will.

Facebook should be taken over by the government since they cannot seem to stop being fuckheads.

• Like 2

Hillary 2019

Hillary 2016

Motherfuckers trying to revitalize the image of this garbage can can fuck off. Nope. Nope nope nope. Fuck off.

I would be overjoyed to never think of this jackal again, but doing this "LOOK AT ME!" tour during the fucking primary is just pitch perfect for her. Not only that, but for her to attack current candidates in the Democratic primary is pitch perfect.

I know the worst people have been hating Hillary for years, I know. It is true that sexists and bigots and war-mongers and racists have hated her and have lied about her and smeared her, I get it. The reflexive instinct to defend her against awful people is strong, but resist it.

She's not worth it. Let her be a mega-millionaire living in luxury and power until her (not too soon) death. She doesn't need to be lionized and any hope of a better world sacrificed so we don't shame her memory.

Enough of this shit.

Edited by bad_teammate

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

She wasn’t talking about dropping out quicker. She was talking about how long he waited to endorse her. 

She endorsed Obama on June 7th, 2008.
Bernie endorsed her on July 12th, 2016.
Bernie then campaigned so hard for her that her staffers complained that paying for all his flights was a strain on their $1+B campaign budget.

Are you going to try to sincerely make the argument that a month meant something with regard to the general election?

Fucking bullshit.

She said "I convinced my supporters to vote for him" and she didn't. 17-25% of her primary voters voted for John McCain. 9-13% of Bernie's primary voters voted for Trump.

She ran an openly racist campaign against Barack Obama in 2007/8. HER campaign released a picture to the press of Obama in the "Muslim garb".

She said (of Obama), "“His roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited. I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values."

And a totally underrated one that is burned into my memory, "As far as I know!"

Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders ran a baby soft campaign against her. I can't think of a tightly contested primary where #2 was so deferent and pulled so many punches.

57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

No, I’m reacting to the tweet you posted vs what she was talking about. 

I wish she’d go away and take Bernie with her but it was still a good interview, which is what the thread is about. 

Forget it dude. It’s bad teammate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

I disagree with so much. Hillary was the victim of a successful multi-decade long smear campaign that worked. So many people don’t like her and even hate her for exactly no reason.

She was a fine candidate, experienced, poised, but she made enemies because she had something so many people were afraid of, guts. She is smart and accomplished. She likely kept her personality hidden and hardened because she grew up in a time when the rules of conduct were more different than today based on gender.

Russians and Facebook took advantage of the smear campaign and shifted the election. If we had a real government we would have stopped this and/nullified the results in favor of a do over. The media trying to play it even was even more asinine. Those idiots got played. They were never going to win over the morons who watch alex jones. Intelligent media does not appeal to rush/fox/oan viewers. Never will.

Facebook should be taken over by the government since they cannot seem to stop being fuckheads.

Time to take her poster from the ceiling over your bed. Jeebus, she's been a POS since before she stepped into the national spotlight.

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The dude is obsessed with her while claiming he wishes she would just go away.

Yes, calling her a POS is obsession. I think it's more you're obsessed with the idea I'm obsessed with her.

I don't think I've said much about her since she finally did go back to ground for a while.  Meaning yeah, if the Hillary thread pops up I'm gonna more than likely post something about her.  Ohhh noes.... obsession. 

She's still testing the waters.  She has nightly, fitful visions of riding in on her broom.... err ........ white charger, and saving the day by winning the 2020.  

THAT my friend is obsession.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I imagine that most campaign managers and strategists fear long form interviews. The ever-present candidate book served as that long interview. That book can be scrubbed by a team to stay on message and not go off in a dangerous direction. Talking for 2.5 hours with no control over the questions? Scary for the campaign.

Some candidates also seem to want to project less warmth in a campaign. Act presidential with low emotion or humor.

I don't agree with the man, but I still don't understand how this lost him the bid