Big XII Championship - Baylor @ Oklahoma

Constant

It’s hard to be critical when you see the numbers, but he still limits this offense in ways neither of those other guys did. The offense is about 2 steps down from those others, but a lot of that has to do with replacing 4 OL. 

The defense is about 10 steps up from those years. They are national champions in 2017 if you give them this Grinch defense. 

21 minutes ago, NowThis said:

OU dominated though

1st Downs 8 21
3rd down efficiency 3-15 6-15
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0
Total Yards 265 433

Games are decided on the scoreboard and the game went to overtime. Playing a game to a tie in regulation isn't dominant where it fucking matters.

It’s hard to be critical when you see the numbers, but he still limits this offense in ways neither of those other guys did. The offense is about 2 steps down from those others, but a lot of that has to do with replacing 4 OL. 

The defense is about 10 steps up from those years. They are national champions in 2017 if you give them this Grinch defense. 

Go to your board dude, we don’t care about the details.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

OU is not going to sniff the ass stain off a jock strap of any the 3 teams Clemson Ohio’ state or LsU

You’re probably right, but you can’t win the big game if you ain’t in the big game. Throw in strange shit can happen, and you get a ou team that becomes a little more difficult to recruit against.

• Like 1

It's hard to put your finger on it, but when you watch teams like OU, Georgia, Clemson, or even the way LSU looked when they played us, the other players seem different. They obviously play better, more aggressive football. But beyond that, they just look more serious, mean, just look like men. Then they run the camera down our sideline, and our players look like boys, not intimidating at all, many times smiling during losses, no concern on their faces. It's not as apparent now as it was the last few Mack years or with Strong, but this team is soft. I remember one time I was watching some behind the scenes type show, maybe something on Longhorn Network, Mack is speaking to the team, and he says "We got macaroni and cheese for you guys today!" with a big smile on his face, I was wondering if this was happening at Alabama? I put this squarely on the coaches, but Texas plays like pussies and has for ten years. I don't even care about their record anymore, I would just like to see some aggressiveness, guys leaving the ground and knocking the hell out of people, what is wrong with this program?

Edited by Loather
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

OU is definitely going to get in again. They’re going to get slaughtered in the semis again but who cares? They’re there with another shiny new Big 12 ring.

Agree that OU is definitely in, but not that they'd get slaughtered by ANY other team in the semis.  The ACC is dogshit and Clemson struggled badly with the North Carolina orange slices.   I think OU would beat them, but not OSU or LSU.  So no NC for the sooners, but yeah, another B12 ring, while we got shit.

Damn I hate Tom Herman.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loather said:

It's hard to put your finger on it, but when you watch teams like OU, Georgia, Clemson, or even the way LSU looked when they played us, the other players seem different. They obviously play better, more aggressive football. But beyond that, they just look more serious, mean, just look like men. Then they run the camera down our sideline, and our players look like boys, not intimidating at all, many times smiling during losses, no concern on their faces. It's not as apparent now as it was the last few Mack years or with Strong, but this team is soft. I remember one time I was watching some behind the scenes type show, maybe something on Longhorn Network, Mack is speaking to the team, and he says "We got macaroni and cheese for you guys today!" with a big smile on his face, I was wondering if this was happening at Alabama? I put this squarely on the coaches, but Texas plays like pussies and has for ten years. I don't even care about their record anymore, I would just like to see some aggressiveness, guys leaving the ground and knocking the hell out of people, what is wrong with this program?

They play like they are unsure of themselves and what they should be doing. That's all on their coaching.

55 minutes ago, Constant said:

When Texas Tech did this, they called it a "system". Nobody got a fucking heisman.

• Like 2

The mac and cheese thing was a cheat meal as that new nutritionist had cut that shit from their diet.

On the men vs. boys front, our guys need to juice more in the weight room.

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Hurts is also way too careless with the football. He made some massive blunders this year and the Sooners are lucky it only bit them once. Murray's margin for error was razor-thin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

it must change you when youre in that system. I don't remember him acting like his shit don't stink that much at Bama. 

He was pretty cocky as a freshman and sophomore until he got benched and lost his job. He played the good soldier last year and then said all the right things leading into this year and then kind of slid back into old habits as the starter at OU.

41 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

OU is definitely going to get in again. They’re going to get slaughtered in the semis again but who cares? They’re there with another shiny new Big 12 ring.

Gimp concession prize Big 12 hardware pretty much diminishes the value of the Conference Championship.  Go take a long look at that Gaylord Focker Family Locker Trophy Room of all those conference trophies with little more than a participation XBox swag bag to show for their bowl appearance in those seasons.

I'm just fine with that, because those OU fans who maintain the same levels of expectations and standards for their team are nearly as frustrated with their program as we are with Texas.  That story hasn't changed for a long while, either.

6 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Gimp concession prize Big 12 hardware pretty much diminishes the value of the Conference Championship.  Go take a long look at that Gaylord Focker Family Locker Trophy Room of all those conference trophies with little more than a participation XBox swag bag to show for their bowl appearance in those seasons.

I'm just fine with that, because those OU fans who maintain the same levels of expectations and standards for their team are nearly as frustrated with their program as we are with Texas.  That story hasn't changed for a long while, either.

Horseshit.  Could they be annoyed not to have won a more recent national title given all the chances they've had? Maybe.

But they could be making their 4th appearance in the playoffs and have won the conference 13 times out of the last 20 years.  They're nowhere near as frustrated as we are.

Edited by LonghornSean

3 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Their frustration is rooted in not winning National Championships, our frustration is rooted in not making the conference championship game or a NY6 Bowl game. I'll trade our frustrations for theirs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Focker? I hardly know her!

13 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Only if it translated to more bowl wins.  I really dislike this conference, its officials, absolutely piss-poor management and joke of a marketing team so really, B12 hardware doesn't make a shit.  Nobody outside the conference cares either.

Man, y'all remember back in the 00s on Shaggy when we used to love to throw out that OU's sucks in the BCS meme? Yeah, they've won how many Big 12 titles compared to us in that time frame? You're talking out your ass if you wouldn't trade our position for theirs. That's what is so amusing about the amazing amount of entitlement our fans have. We haven't done shit in over 10 years but we feel it's our birthright to be where Baylor was today. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

Their frustration is rooted in not winning National Championships, our frustration is rooted in not making the conference championship game or a NY6 Bowl game. I'll trade our frustrations for theirs.

We have a more recent National Championship and a more recent NY6 win than OU.  Not saying we should be satisfied, but don’t discount the Sooner level of frustration.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

We have a more recent National Championship and a more recent NY6 win than OU.  Not saying we should be satisfied, but don’t discount the Sooner level of frustration.  

We've had one chance in 10 years to win an MNC. OU gets a chance almost every other year. Sure they're frustrated but they're still winning championships and at least in the hunt for another national championship to our not winning anything since Sam was in 5th grade. 

Edited by mdmost