Big XII Championship - Baylor @ Oklahoma

Constant

33 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Only if it translated to more bowl wins.  I really dislike this conference, its officials, absolutely piss-poor management and joke of a marketing team so really, B12 hardware doesn't make a shit.  Nobody outside the conference cares either.

I watched about 4 minutes and saw an OU player drag down one of the Baylor player by the dread locks.  No flag.  

12 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I watched about 4 minutes and saw an OU player drag down one of the Baylor player by the dread locks.  No flag.  

That is not a penalty.

I wish there was a venn diagram between Texas fans obsessed about officiating and Rockets fans obsessed about officiating.  It’ll bet it’s 100%.

Jesus.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Only if it translated to more bowl wins.  I really dislike this conference, its officials, absolutely piss-poor management and joke of a marketing team so really, B12 hardware doesn't make a shit.  Nobody outside the conference cares either.

That's idiotic. Nobody cares about the management or marketing outside the conference. They only care about how good the athletic departments who make up the conference are.

30 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We've had one chance in 10 years to win an MNC. OU gets a chance almost every other year. Sure they're frustrated but they're still winning championships and at least in the hunt for another national championship to our not winning anything since Sam was in 5th grade. 

Yeah I get OU's frustration at always coming close but always falling short Atlanta Braves style...still I would gladly accept that these days.

8 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

It may very well be a shitty conference, but I would still like to win it

It may very well be a shitty conference, but it's better than the PAC and about 1000x better than the ACC, and I too would still like to win it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, no wonder we're so entitled. If it's NC or bust then there's a reason why we're exactly where we are. Meanwhile, OU's been the clearly superior program for over 10 years. 

Under the assumption that winning was good. Was replying to Valmy stating that ousux should be satisfied with just conf championships.

41 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Hell no. Goal, win it all.

Well to win it all, you actually have to be worth a damn. We have been worth a damn once this decade. We made the Big 12 title game one single time this entire decade. Baylor has won the whole conference twice and been to the title game this year. Fucking embarrassing.

What is also embarrassing is Texas fans talking down on OU because we have won a national championship 5 years more recent than they have and some NY6 bowl recently. Who cares. This is going to be their 3rd or 4th playoff appearance in 5 seasons. They have won the Big 12 five times in a row. Winning it all or not, they are absolutely shitting on us left and right this entire decade and it isn't even close. This decade, we are no better than the dreadsof the Big 12.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Well to win it all, you actually have to be worth a damn. We have been worth a damn once this decade. We made the Big 12 title game one single time this entire decade. Baylor has won the whole conference twice and been to the title game this year. Fucking embarrassing.

What is also embarrassing is Texas fans talking down on OU because we have won a national championship 5 years more recent than they have and some NY6 bowl recently. Who cares. This is going to be their 3rd or 4th playoff appearance in 5 seasons. They have won the Big 12 five times in a row. Winning it all or not, they are absolutely shitting on us left and right this entire decade and it isn't even close. This decade, we are no better than the dreadsof the Big 12.

I'm with you man. My post has nothing to do with your post.

3 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

I'm with you man. My post has nothing to do with your post.

Ok my bad. Didn't really read any of the thread. Disregard then.

But my point stands for many of those who have that mindset that somehow we are better than OU because of what I mentioned. I don't get it. As the years go by, that 2005 national title is becoming ancient history. Hell before long, the players in college will have been born during that season. I want to win now. OU is winning and we aren't. I know this conference is shitty by man metrics but it still would be nice to win it. Only way you have a chance (unless you are Alabama or SEC in general).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullneck said:

How stupid are you? You come in here to complain and don’t even know the rules? You sound like the guy who said nobody can slide except the QB. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, Joker said:

How stupid are you? You come in here to complain and don’t even know the rules? You sound like the guy who said nobody can slide except the QB. 

Hey I'm that guy, and I thought the QB slide was for QBs only. Never seen anyone but the QB attempt a slide. Also, it's a pretty good trick to get guys kicked out of the game, just drop at the last second when they come in for the hit and they will be "targeting" you in the head. Since you "gave yourself up" its kick the guy out of the game.

I'm all for breaking tackles and extra yards, but shit just slide at the last second and the reward is greater, you get their player ejected.

27 minutes ago, Joker said:

Maybe you're on to something.  You know, I didn't know the rule.  I would have thought something like that was illegal, but I guess I'm wrong.  I owe you an apology.

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Because that's a legal play...

Hmm.  Didn't know that.

5 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Dragging someone down by their hair is legal.

Strange, but true I guess.

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

its legal in college

Thanks for setting me straight.  

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That is not a penalty.

I wish there was a venn diagram between Texas fans obsessed about officiating and Rockets fans obsessed about officiating.  It’ll bet it’s 100%.

Jesus.

Negged.  

8 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Agree with all points.  However, I’m really sick of seeing ou win the title every year.

14 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Gimp concession prize Big 12 hardware pretty much diminishes the value of the Conference Championship.  Go take a long look at that Gaylord Focker Family Locker Trophy Room of all those conference trophies with little more than a participation XBox swag bag to show for their bowl appearance in those seasons.

I'm just fine with that, because those OU fans who maintain the same levels of expectations and standards for their team are nearly as frustrated with their program as we are with Texas.  That story hasn't changed for a long while, either.

Is there talk of flying banners? 

15 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

You sound like you suck copious amounts of dick.   

13 hours ago, deter said:

But never called on 73. Ass holds every play.

I didn’t watch much of this game, but actually saw 73 get flagged for holding on a play. The very next play Baylor had a guy that blitz that looked like he would get to Hurts.  Yep, 73 is committing an egregious hold and Jalen gets just enough time to complete a long pass, I believe to convert a first down with no flag thrown for the hold

16 hours ago, utee94 said:

Agree that OU is definitely in, but not that they'd get slaughtered by ANY other team in the semis.  The ACC is dogshit and Clemson struggled badly with the North Carolina orange slices.   I think OU would beat them, but not OSU or LSU.  So no NC for the sooners, but yeah, another B12 ring, while we got shit.

Damn I hate Tom Herman.

This is my least favorite part about college football: the need to judge a team based on their worst game.

Every year, a team of veteran professionals in New England, with the greatest coach and QB of all time, loses a handful of games--some to the likes of Miami and Buffalo--then proceeds to win a Super Bowl or come damn close.

But, in college football, a group of 18-22 year olds play one bad game and have to hear "Yeah, but they almost lost to North Carolina" for the rest of the season.

Clemson is damn good. This isn't an FSU situation where they were squeaking by teams all season only to get exposed by Oregon. They've dominated their (admittedly shitty) schedule and have gotten better as the season progresses. I don't think that OU is on their level...not that they'll get to play each other to find out anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

This is my least favorite part about college football: the need to judge a team based on their worst game.

Every year, a team of veteran professionals in New England, with the greatest coach and QB of all time, loses a handful of games--some to the likes of Miami and Buffalo--then proceeds to win a Super Bowl or come damn close.

But, in college football, a group of 18-22 year olds play one bad game and have to hear "Yeah, but they almost lost to North Carolina" for the rest of the season.

Clemson is damn good. This isn't an FSU situation where they were squeaking by teams all season only to get exposed by Oregon. They've dominated their (admittedly shitty) schedule and have gotten better as the season progresses. I don't think that OU is on their level...not that they'll get to play each other to find out anyway.

I hear you, but it's all we have.  So few games, so few common opponents.  But the ACC is historically bad this year, just completely unwatchable football, and the B12 schedule with full roundrobin and 9 conference games is one of the toughest in football but as usual gets no respect for it.  Clemson is certainly good by this year's ACC standards, but I don't think that's good enough.  

I also think that, because Clemson is one of your team's 5 losses to the best teams ever, your perception might be a little skewed. ;)

Anyway. I don't WANT the Sooners to win, so if they lost I'd be fine with it.  No skin off my back.

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I also think that, because Clemson is one of your team's 5 losses to the best teams ever, your perception might be a little skewed. ;)

A&M sucks. Beating them barely registers as an achievement and has nothing to do with anything that I'm saying.

My perception is "skewed" because Clemson has been in 3 of the last 4 national championship games and have a lot of really big, really fast, really good players.

Whilst Oklahoma has not exactly shared their playoff success. Though, a Lincoln Riley offense with actually some semblance of a defense this time around should be able to at least stay on the field with anybody.

we all thought the Big 12 was done when it lost the realignment game of thrones, but it's going to be three straight years in the CFP for the Big 12. Baylor would have made it had they beaten OU. Once Texas gets back to being Texas, this league will enjoy even more respect.  As long as Rhule stays at Baylor, they will be a force to be dealt with. They need to schedule some name team in the out of conference and kicked their ass. 

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

A&M sucks. Beating them barely registers as an achievement and has nothing to do with anything that I'm saying.

My perception is "skewed" because Clemson has been in 3 of the last 4 national championship games and have a lot of really big, really fast, really good players.

Whilst Oklahoma has not exactly shared their playoff success. Though, a Lincoln Riley offense with actually some semblance of a defense this time around should be able to at least stay on the field with anybody.

I don't think this is a Lincoln Riley offense we're used to seeing. The QB can't make the throws you need to beat tight coverage against good teams. The Oline is young and has injuries. 

The defense has improved and they're playing hard. If OU had Baker or Kyler this year, I'd give OU a good chance to win a playoff game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Past success should mean jack shit. 

In theory, you're right. But something tells me that, when the bright lights are on, we see a Clemson that more closely resembles years past than the team that we saw look mortal/bored at times this season.

Edited by aggie08