Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss?

C-Man

49 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

Sources have told me he will bring Kendal Briles with him as OC and has been in contact with Charlie Strong for the DC position. More to come soon.

Might not be a horrible combo...

1) Assuming chuckles can rememberer how to defensive coordinate.

2) Tape fingers should be able to handle the offense.

3) Freshwater can recruit and bang coeds.

4) ?????

5) Profit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Might not be a horrible combo...

1) Assuming chuckles can rememberer how to defensive coordinate, he can recruit and bang alum wives.

2) Tape fingers should be able to handle the offense, and running hottie totties to Kiffen while covering them up.

3) Freshwater can recruit and bang coeds.

4) ?????

5) Profit.

Fify

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rhinotx said:

He might be an ass but he is a pretty good coach. He has done a good job at FAU and I think one day if he fully matures he will be a top 5 coach. 

no, meh, no

All he did at FAU was take Fl big 3 cast offs ...  that team is like the dirty dozen if you count Joey

Remember that time his employer wouldn't even let him get back in the team bus?  Then some crazy corndog instantly had success with literally the same players?

Edited by Loco

Kiffin royally fucked up in the past but being a head coach at like 32 was probably too early for someone who wasn't mature enough at that time to handle it. He is more seasoned now and has a lifetime of football in him at this point to do be successful.  He's an offensive coach by nature but knows he needs an actual coordinator and has shown to not meddle on that side of the ball. He may not win big at ole miss but I can see this being the least controversial and most successful stint at of all the big schools he landed up.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I like Kiffin but I don't know why he keeps getting these good jobs. what has he done? 

Ole Miss could be a good job.  But they are saddled with being in that murderers' row of a division that is the SEC West, their roster is depleted, and the sanctions are due to come off the books in the next year or so.

Other than that, he's a good coach who does assemble good staffs, and his teams compete.  And he's served under Carrol and Saban...and been an head coach in the NFL.  His resume is legit.

Maturity (maybe he has it now?) has always been his weakness.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Looks like Ole Miss is at Tennessee in 2021.  That should be fun.

They have Florida next year at home.....  I hope after a Gator win the band plays rockytop....  *pukes in mouth a little bit*

Glad he's back in the SEC, very glad he's not at my school.

Edited by Loco

Joey Freshwater's first staff hire at Ole Miss is a Head Butt-rrr like Mensa... 😂😂😂

Sources tell FootballScoop Lane Kiffin’s first staff hire at Ole Miss will be Wilson Love, his strength coach at Florida Atlantic. Kiffin publicly credits Love with much of their success at FAU.  

Love caught the attention of Kiffin at practice while he went around without a helmet head-butting defensive lineman, who, of course, had their helmets on.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-lane-has-his-first-hire-at-ole-miss-and-its-a-big-one/

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

What the hell is "Hotty Toddy" ??

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1609661-hotty-toddy-understanding-the-ole-miss-cheer-its-history-significance

Where Are the Origins of "Hotty Toddy?"

While it's a great question, there's no definitive answer. The mystery is part of what makes it so unique.  Just call it the Eighth Wonder of the World.

That's right, there's no concrete answer that explains what "Hotty Toddy" truly means.  

Most importantly, it's the answer to "Are You Ready?"

Are You Ready?

Hell Yeah! Damn Right!

Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty,

Who The Hell Are We? Hey!

Flim Flam, Bim Bam

Ole Miss By Damn!

What's It Mean Anyways?

Outside of being part of the answer to the question "Are You Ready?," "Hotty Toddy" is also a way one Ole Miss fan greets another. It's no different than an Alabama fan saying "Roll Tide" or a Texas A&M fan shouting "Gig' em Aggies." 

ESPN's Doug Ward wrote, "'Hotty Toddy' has no real meaning, but it means everything in Oxford. For students, fans and alumni, it is a greeting, cheer and secret handshake all rolled into one. 'Hotty Toddy' is the spirit of Ole Miss." He's spot on, as the cheer embodies the spirit of the school.

8 minutes ago, runthebone said:

They deserve each other.

Funny part is Ole Miss better stay clean for at least the next 2 years,  because they are still on probation...

Ole Miss is now eligible to play in bowl games again though.

Edited by LTtxfan

I must have misread this hire.  When I first heard the rumors, I thought the Ole Miss fanbase would be like "What the Hell!?" Instead it looks like they want on for the ride as he parties, whores and cheats his way to the big time.  

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

25 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I must have misread this hire.  When I first heard the rumors, I thought the Ole Miss fanbase would be like "What the Hell!?" Instead it looks like they want on for the ride as he parties, whores and cheats his way to the big time.  

I mean, that's what Ole Miss does. Football is the centerpiece of a big party, not seen as some kind of moral model.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

You say that as if it's a bad thing

• Like 1

Some of you need to gtf off your high horse. For a school like ole miss he is great hire. For all his flaws as human, he is great offensive mind and will certainly be a giant pain in the ass for Saban, The Ogre and most importantly, jimbo. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3