Fire Chris Ash

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

No, the Ash that turned around the Ohio State defense and won a national championship and a fiesta bowl

Kinda like our current head coach who helped design a national championship offense and is now a magnificent failure? I’ve heard the “see what they did at ohio state” argument before.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It just seems like a lazy hire, which after seeing his first rounds of hires shouldn't even surprise me anymore. 

And puzzling since he was already on staff as an analyst.  I get that Herman and Orlando were probably so thick-skinned that they ignored any advice being handed down but what gives anyone the impression this guy is going to turn things around while watching a half-season of the same rehashed mistakes torch the defense from the sidelines? 

• Like 1

Just now, Gravy Train said:

And puzzling since he was already on staff as an analyst.  I get that Herman and Orlando were probably so thick-skinned that they ignored any advice being handed down but what gives anyone the impression this guy is going to turn things around while watching a half-season of the same rehashed mistakes torch the defense from the sidelines? 

Exactly. I don't know what advice he gave, but I assume it sucked watching our defense. 

"These were very difficult decisions and certainly not an indictment of them as coaches," Herman said in a prepared statement. "I just believe we need a fresh set of eyes and infusion of new ideas and energy to help us grow across the board."

Nothing wrong with Orlando. we just need a fresh set of eyes, that's the whole justification for letting him go  - and now we're considering hiring someone already in the building....